Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Match?
Dory Funk Jr. 18 66.67%
Arn Anderson 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2017, 11:48 PM
Toast, Golf Balls and a Rubber Duck
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Hogan Region, Rio Subregion, First Round: (15) Dory Funk Jr. vs. (18) Arn Anderson

This is a first round match in the Hogan Region, Rio Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Carioca Arena I in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

#15. Dory Funk Jr.

Vs.

#18. Arn Anderson

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:08 PM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

I don't think much of Dory Funk, but he was a World Champion. Anderson's largest claim to being in this tournament at all is that he was part of a faction that was very popular in the late territory days. That's ok, and he probably merits a place, but ultimately he was the guy who lost to the guy who lost to the Champ; Funk was the champ.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
Old 03-19-2017, 10:13 PM
...7, 8, Better stay up late...
Million Dollar Champion

nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Arn is the guy you want watching your back. He is the type of guy who helps the man get shit done. Dory was the man & his light shines brighter here. DDT be damned.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:03 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...

Meh, I'll go the other way.

Dory was never the draw that Terry was, and part of the reason he got to work for as long as he did was because Terry kept giving him jobs.

Arn Anderson worked in a different era really and was one of the best, most reliable TV match workers of all time.

Is there even a GREAT Dory Funk Jr match on tape that anyone has seen? If so, name it so I can go watch!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:16 PM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post
Meh, I'll go the other way.

Dory was never the draw that Terry was, and part of the reason he got to work for as long as he did was because Terry kept giving him jobs.

Arn Anderson worked in a different era really and was one of the best, most reliable TV match workers of all time.

Is there even a GREAT Dory Funk Jr match on tape that anyone has seen? If so, name it so I can go watch!
This was not true. Dory was a far bigger drawing card than Terry, as evidenced by the fact that he was champion much longer. Ric Flair himself once compared Dory's popularity to Bruno's. Terry had a better speaking voice, which translated better to television, but Dory was easily superior when it came to packing houses.

Also...

Great match.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:07 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I went with my gut on this one, and I picked Arn.

I just really like Arn Anderson, and my best explanation for that is that he made side-kicks look great. There's many arguments to be made, and I'll agree the logic of anyone who says that Dory had an exponentially better track record.

For me, Dory Funk was more of the same. He was a great champion, but for me his name gets lost in the series of world champions who were very basic. If he and his opponent were wearing masks, you wouldn't know who was who until someone attempted a toe hold.

Arn was a loud and infectious personality that managed to enhance the reputation of a guild that was run by someone like Ric Flair. To be able to find a niche while walking in Flair's shadow couldn't have been easy.

Vote Arn.