WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-13-2015, 09:35 PM
One Winged G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Final Fantasy Legend 2 - Boss Theme

Click for Spoiler:

I couldn't do Final Fantasy Legend's boss theme without following it up with the boss music from its sequel! I love this song, it's my favorite track in the Final Fantasy Legend series. Much like its prequel, this game was really tough. Especially the bosses. I looked forward to every single boss battle though, they were epic and the theme fit its battles perfectly. You can feel your heroes' struggle to overcome as it plays. When listening to it now two decades later I recall the challenging battles against bosses like Apollo, Venus, Magnate, Ashura, and last but not least ODIN who was notorious for making people give up on this game forever. The few who were able to make it past Odin into the final world where Apollo was waiting, they all know what overcoming a challenge in a game is truly like. This song has aged a little better than the one from its prequel yet I admit it is outdated compared to today's boss battles. 24 years ago though, this was as good as it got for a handheld game boss battle. It was never topped during the Game Boy era.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:47 PM
One Winged G-Mod

Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

So I'm currently replaying Earthbound Beginnings, and due to a lot of the music from that game having been used in the much more well known sequel I have been feeling nostalgic to some of the music from the SNES title lately. One of which is the song I'll share in this post.

Earthbound - Battle Against A Machine

Click for Spoiler:

This is one of the best battle themes in the series and it plays during the battles against the series most famous enemies in this game, the Starmen. Disregarding Starman Junior who has the Otherworldly Foe theme in his fight. It's a great fit for fights against all of the aliens and robots that you face each time it plays. Catchy, intimidating, and very fun to listen to. Tons of memories of battles against various Starmen and robots come back when it plays. Ghost of Starman and Final Starman in particular, nothing in that game was more frightening to me than one of these two enemy types casting PSI Starstorm Omega on you.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Behold my diction
WWF Hardcore Champion

enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Whoa boy, we sure like console games here at Wrestlezone!

I've only seen a few DOS games in this thread. Do you remember DOS?

There's an old DOS game called "Apocalypse Abyss" that possessed one of the most amazing soundtracks I've ever heard for a video game. Every background track within this relatively unknown game is the standard of amazing.

Then there was another obscure DOS adventure called "Mystic Towers" featuring Baron Baldric. Baron Baldric is an old man who farts a lot and occasionally uses magic to vanquish evil. For some odd reason the developers produced a theme for the intro that makes it sound like a gratuitous anime shoot-em-up game. Have a listen:

Old 12-26-2015, 03:09 PM
One Winged G-Mod

So with having gone back through FF6 for my walkthrough topic, thought I'd share a bit of trivia that most of you might not know about. It deals with the song that plays in Jidoor in the World Of Ruin, shown below in the form most are familiar with.

Final Fantasy 6 - The Magic House

Click for Spoiler:

Great song, right? It fits well for a town full of rich people from the NPC's talking about the Opera House, to the Auction building, to the rich guy Owzer's mansion with all its paintings, and the quest that takes place in the basement of Owzer's house. I wish it played in Jidoor in the World of Balance as well. Ok. So here's the trivia. This song.... was NOT originally planned for Final Fantasy 6! Click the spoiler tag below for the REAL origin of this song! You won't believe it until you listen to the real track for yourself.

Click for Spoiler:
Final Fantasy 2 - Unreleased Dungeon Track 3

Crazy, huh? It never made the cut but it would have originally been in the game many (including myself) rank as the worst title in the series. It does not state where the track would have played.... My guess would be in the castle labyrinth monster lairs such as Kashuon, Phin, or The Arena since you already have the typical "cave" theme and the "Imperial Base" type of monster lairs' themes. If it would have been in a town I'd suggest Mysidia but since it was developed as a Dungeon Track I have to go with the castle labyrinths as a theme that would have played there. That makes the most sense.

I only just recently found this out and it takes A LOT to surprise me when it comes to the older Final Fantasy titles at this point, but this genuinely shocked me when I found out.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:15 PM
Ignore the next line
WWE Women's Champion

Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Super Contra (or simply Super C) was a game on the Nintendo Entertainment System, whose music I really loved and enjoyed listening to. It matched perfectly with the fast-paced and non-stop action of the game and gave a strong adrenaline rush.
The game was developed in the late 80's, the early part of the later half of the Nintendo era. The music was composed by Hidenori Maezawa, the same person behind the original Contra's music as well. I don't know whether he came up with the tunes himself or imported the Arcade ones, but he did a remarkable job fitting 8 stage tunes, a game ending tune, as well as some other tunes in the very limited memory of the NES.
I particularly liked the track "Creature from outer space," which was the tune for the Babalu destructoid mechanism and the earthquake part of Stage 3. "Hotter than hell" from the top-down Stage 6 was also awesome, and "Thunder Landing" from Stage 1 was intense and immediately put you in the mood for some action.
Here is a link from which you can download the said tracks, as well as other old school video game music:
Old 12-31-2015, 06:03 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WCW Champion

Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...

Super Star Wars (SNES): The Empire Strikes Back

Well, nothing is truly original in the SNES Super Star Wars games, because for the most part, everything is just rehashes from scores and tracks used in the movies. Still, the music used in the SNES Super Star Wars games is a perfect fit for the cut scenes and each stage. This track is one of my favorites. It plays on the options menu/title screen, when you start up the game, and sometimes I just sit back and watch the auto demo, if I want to listen to more.

Click for Spoiler:

Here's another one of my favorites, but you'll only hear it in certain parts during the Cloud City stages.

Out of all the SNES Star Wars games (luckily my SNES still works, so I can play them if I feel like it every now and then), The Empire Strikes Back is my pick for the best game, with Return Of The Jedi as a close second. I started playing all three games, when I was still kid, and the games are a good nostalgia kick for fans of the films.

For me, the final lightsaber duel between Vader and Luke gives The Empire Strikes Back the edge over the other SNES games. It's challenging (took me a while to get the hang of it as a kid), and they did a good job of mirroring the events in the movie step by step.

The lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader in Return Of The Jedi is fun, but it's way too easy (you can set the difficulty level to Jedi, but you won't notice a big difference). Although, to be fair, I guess you could say a lot of that has to do with Luke being a stronger character, and he has a wider variety of special attacks and power ups to choose from. With all that said, fighting The Emperor and escaping the exploding Death Star is still a pain the ass.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Behold my diction
WWF Hardcore Champion

enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...enviousdominous worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Sometimes an obscure game comes out for a system that can only afford the potential soundtrack a series of "bleeps" and "bloops" as musical notes. A guy named Jonathan Dunn had a knack for turning annoying sounds into amazing pieces of music, and he was tasked with making the theme for a game based on the Robocop franchise for the original Gameboy.

The soundtrack captured the drama of being a cop on the dirty streets of Detroit, in a tone that better represents what was considered robotic back in the early 90's. The wailing in the background seems to represent a street musician's saxophone, and occasionally a guitarist playing a solo.