WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

But guys, Brock Lesnar is such a gooood heel. We hate him because he's doing everything he possibly can to keep us not interested in him. It's genius, right? So meta. Ratings should be through the roof with him as WWE champion.

Seriously though, it's dragged on long enough and wasn't even that great the first time they did it. At least when CM Punk ran off with the title it was "Fuck you, System" and he would appear other places with it. That and he didn't even leave for that long. If this story holds any merit, I would be happy to see somebody take the belt from him soon. Roman Reigns at Summer Slam sounds fantastic. Maybe then they can breath some life into the most prestigious title in wrestling again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
sendpm.gif
Old 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
DELETE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Conway Spidey View Post
But guys, Brock Lesnar is such a gooood heel. We hate him because he's doing everything he possibly can to keep us not interested in him. It's genius, right? So meta. Ratings should be through the roof with him as WWE champion.

Seriously though, it's dragged on long enough and wasn't even that great the first time they did it. At least when CM Punk ran off with the title it was "Fuck you, System" and he would appear other places with it. That and he didn't even leave for that long. If this story holds any merit, I would be happy to see somebody take the belt from him soon. Roman Reigns at Summer Slam sounds fantastic. Maybe then they can breath some life into the most prestigious title in wrestling again.
I personally think Lesnar should never be anywhere near a world title again. What's the point of having one if you're not even going to bother showing up every week?

I think there's a 70/30 shot that this rumor ends up being reality, but I guess we'll have to see come GBAF.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
sendpm.gif
Old 07-06-2017, 03:55 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Summerslam will be a Fatal 4 Way with Brock defending against Joe, Reigns and Strowman. They all have a good argument for a title shot......so why not lump them all in. Lesnar doesn't have to eat a pin to drop the belt, have him chase for the title instead. Reigns can pin Strowman while Joe has Lesnar in the clutch but he doesn't tap.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Personally I think Brock isn't really the problem... it's the Universal title itself!

Let's face it, the title was immediately in trouble when Finn got hurt... Owens did a good job with it but as soon as Goldberg and Brock were in the mix for it, the death knell was already sounded.

A champion brings ratings, sure, but a title has to be worth having and Brock's absence has eroded all that Kevin built up and Finn was intended to. The belt is basically the WCW International title... secondary to the WWE title which is on the other brand and it's never seen enough to even challenge.

Do they give up on the Universal title? Probably not as the only alternative is to go back to the Big Gold belt....so they have to change how it's perceived and that means Brock AND Reigns need to be out the picture with it for a while... Brock is never there and Reigns still, for all his improvements rubs too many fans the wrong way.

The perfect guys for the title are there.... but not on the radar for it.

Jeff and Matt Hardy!

Sure, WWE is reluctant to push them that way...particularly Matt, but right now the best way to counter the damage from Brock's absence is to have the title defended regularly and in a way the fans want to see.

The Broken Hardyz entering the title fray would be interesting. Jeff merits a shot already and could be the one to win the belt... "breaking" Matt and leading to a WWE version of their feud. The combination of The Broken gimmick and whatever craziness the two come up with for that title would drive the ratings on RAW for a solid 6 months. They perhaps don't go to Mania for the title... that can even still be Brock and Reigns if done right. But RAW needs the injection of interest now...

Get the deal done, pay TNA to go away and get the title onto Jeff... he defends it until Matt turns... Matt wins it only for Brock or Reigns to level him... Matt and Jeff in some kind of Deletion match at Mania and Brock and Reigns tussle for the much improved title belt.

As it stands, who fights for the title is moot... it is a shit title..
sendpm.gif
Old 07-06-2017, 07:29 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

I never liked the fact that as the champion Brock is never around. The NWA territory days are over so everyone knows Brock isn't wrestling somewhere else. They can keep Brock as the machine he is but the belt on someone being there all the time. Brock's newest contract was suppose to have him wrestling more but he's there less.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-06-2017, 11:17 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I am not going to get my hopes up. I would be thrilled if WWE have decided against the horrendous original plans. If Lesnar did hold the title hostage for an entire year until Roman Reigns "saves" the fans from him in a moment that the overwhelming majority want nothing to do with, then nothing gets accomplished. We already know they want Roman as a top guy. No need to give him yet another torch passing type of moment, especially when it forces the remaining main event level guys to have nothing relevant to do FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR. Look at guys such as Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman, and even Bray Wyatt who could all benefit from the opportunities that are available if the top prize is up for grabs monthly as it should be. Samoa Joe has been booked very well during the build for sunday's match and I really hope he wins. If he gets squashed as I (and surely many others) fear may happen, it would undo a ton of his momentum. Whether it be Joe, Strowman, or even Reigns, someone has to get the belt back from Lesnar and it needs to happen soon. Raw NEEDS a full-time Universal Champion who defends the title at every Raw PPV as well as the Big 4. Even if that full-time Universal Champion ends up being Roman Reigns. He would at least defend the title and have many big matches along the way instead of vanishing for multiple PPV cycles like Lesnar does. Reigns VS Lesnar is not a match I look forward to, title or not. If they go for Summerslam instead of Wrestlemania it makes me think of the Taker VS Lesnar match at Summerslam from a couple of years ago. They billed it as a match that was (kayfabe) "too big for Wrestlemania". Well on a similar note, Reigns VS Lesnar is the match that's "too stupid for Wrestlemania" in my book. If I had to pick the lesser of two evils, let's get it over with. Then guys like Seth or Finn who actually stand a chance against a full-time champion can get the opportunities they deserve. If Joe does not win sunday then Roman BETTER win at Summerslam if he gets the title match there.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-07-2017, 12:13 AM
DELETE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

There are two options that would be beneficial for all parties it seems.

1. You have Samoa Joe defeat Brock Lesnar and become Universal Champion.
Or 2. Have Roman Reigns defeat Lesnar at SummerSlam instead of waiting until WrestleMania.

Option number one sounds like a great choice, especially considering how well done their feud has been. But the chances of that actually happening are slim at best.

Then we have option number two, which is a lot more plausible; but if that's where we end up going, they have to tread carefully. If they end up squashing Joe, that kills all of his momentum.

So many options, these two are the best. GBAF is going to be interesting to watch...

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
sendpm.gif
Old 07-07-2017, 05:37 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp0012002 View Post
I never liked the fact that as the champion Brock is never around. The NWA territory days are over so everyone knows Brock isn't wrestling somewhere else. They can keep Brock as the machine he is but the belt on someone being there all the time. Brock's newest contract was suppose to have him wrestling more but he's there less.
And when he is there he isn't really doing much of anything at all. I don't get this "we can't have him wrestle on free TV". Why not, everyone else does? I know that some fans and probably Vince think Lesnar is the be all end all, but he isn't really. A lot of shine has come off the rose in the last couple of years and while he may still be a draw, I personally don't think he brings as many new eyes to the product that he used too.

I agree with Dagger, get the title off him as soon as possible. Put it on TV and have it defended at every PPV. Hell it hasn't been defended since Mania a couple of months age. Total waste of time, although this build to the Samoa Joe/Lesnar match has been one of the best builds to a Lesnar match since he came back.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Just have The Demon King form a stable, something like The Demon Club, a mix between the Bullet Club and Ministry of Darkness. Have the Demon King dethrone the Beast. Turn the demon heel. Have this new faction dominate RAW and book a messiah (Seth Rollins), to take him down at Wrestlemania. Rollins is the King Slayer after all.

Have the entire Demon Club take out both Lesnar and Reigns at Summerslam. Then give the belt to Balor (there are ways to make this happen by keeping Lesnar strong). Get the Demon King over by having him defend the belt in an angle called "War of Kings", which would feature Balor vs Neville vs HHH.

The rematch with Reigns and Lesnar can still happen at Mania.

And just like that, Balor has gotten over as a character, Rollins gets over as a face, Reigns gets the rub by beating Lesnar at WM. Everyone wins on RAW and RAW gets some interesting TV after SSlam, based a little bit on Game of Thrones.
sendpm.gif