WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 PM

Violent Violet is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Ios View Post
I think this is where I tend to disagree. I think she has all the right skills to be a monster female but I really don't view her as one yet. She wrestles like one, but it's the details that I don't seem to click with.

Though short lived, I compare her a lot to Awesome Kong/Karma. When Karma was debuting she didn't say much and simply made statements by destroying people in the ring through attacks.

Now we have Nia who whilst is dominant in matches, in my opinion is too friendly with her peers. If she was to truly be booked as a monster I think they'd have her talk substantially less. Last night for example her small promo with Alexa Bliss in the back just seemed off character. Why would she even bother talking to Alexa if she knew she could destroy anyone? Why are they booking her to imply that she may have friends. In my opinion monsters don't really have friends. Brock has Heyman, but who else on the roster do we see him getting along with? Nobody.

It's a small idiosyncratic detail, but her character's personality doesn't say monster to me, despite her in ring treatment saying monster.

I think I would just like her to attack someone and utterly destroy them. Make her a monster. Don't have to give her a title yet, but I think she needs to take that next step into being a monster. For me she is wavering between fitting in with everyone else, and being it. It's here where I feel a disconnect with her.
The conversations between Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax are always initiated by Bliss. They show the devious nature of the champion, who recognizes her biggest threat. The only way she can retain the title over Jax is to try to befriend her or pretend to be her friend. It puts Bliss over as cunning and willing to do anything to stay champion. Jax, in the end, rebuffed Bliss, showing she saw through her plan.
I love the dimensions Bliss shows as champion. She was ruthless against a hesitant Bayley and she will show a different side against Sasha Banks. I think the women are using psychology more than ever rather than just brute strength or in-ring skills.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

I think she should be repackaged as Big Van Jax and wear a big mask that shoots steam when she walks to the ring. In all seriousness, she loses her "monster" appeal when she holds the mic up to her mouth and tries to say things. Let her fight without any mic time at all or have a manager do the talking for her. I like her in ring work and think with a character tweak here and there that she could be a dominating champion some day.

Join WZCW now.

sendpm.gif
Old 06-29-2017, 11:53 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The problem I see with Nia is that for all her size and power... she just comes across as winning because she's Rocky's baby cousin...

There are interesting aspects of her character and past they could be using if they wanted to, like the big car crash she had with Rock's mom... they could be using that as an example of why she is so driven and she's a survivor etc... but as it stands she just comes across as "Dwayne's Cousin who is bigger than the others so is winning" which isn't gonna help her long term.

Either embrace the connection or package her in such a way that it's never going to be a factor, like they did with Sasha and Snoop... she got over on her own and then they used the family connection once, in a logical way... when the truth is most of her breaks came from Snoop being her cousin - fans saw first that she was great in the ring so she got a pass... Nia hasn't had that, she's all over Twitter with pics of her and Rocky's mom all the time and she hasn't got the ring chops to get that same pass. Charlotte got that pass again, cos she was damn good in the ring, but they embraced the Flair connection very quickly.

As it stands Nia's character is suffering as she comes across as too naive in the business knowing her background... she's getting manipulated by people like Alexa when the reality is we all know she absolutely was taught better than that by The Rock and others in the family...

If she suddenly pulls the "I was playing Alexa" card then the fans will peg her as Rock/Roman type and start hating her, but not for the right reasons.

She could be VERY good if they get her right, but the fact they've screwed Bayley up so royally doesn't instill me with confidence...
sendpm.gif
Old 06-30-2017, 10:23 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I've been enjoying her stint at this moment so I don't see anything wrong with her. She has been performing better like this gauntlet match showed or Wrestlemania match. She provides something different from any other RAW Women so she's kind of a unique attraction of the division. You know that something big is gonna happen if she's engaged with any other RAW women.

So she's already a lot believable for me. Nothing is broken so nothing to fix!
sendpm.gif
Old 06-30-2017, 01:23 PM

Violent Violet is looking to come up from OCW...

I love the fact Nia is being booked as a monster with flaws, whether their issues with self confidence or that she wants to be liked or accepted by the other females.
Every wrestler should have at least one flaw. Alexa's is her size. Sasha has a history of injuries. Bayley is too nice, etc.
Fans tend to turn on unbeatable wrestlers because it's not believable. If Alexa couldn't play mind games with Nia, what chance would she have? If Sasha's tenacity couldn't plant a seed of doubt in Nia's mind, what chance would she have?
We love dominant wrestlers. We don't love unbeatable wrestlers.
I think Nia is being booked well. I wish they'd book another female to be closer to her level physically and I'm talking about Emma. But, that's a subject for another thread.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:02 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Nia Jax is doing just fine.

No it's not believable for just any woman to beat her, but she's a monster. She isn't supposed to lose easily.

There's nothing to fix. She rolls through people before losing the big showdown. This is one time where booking is right.
sendpm.gif