WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09-18-2017, 04:09 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,885
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
You are pretty naive to think is why fans do not like him. Historically Wrestling fans do not like it when a superstar is being shoved down their throats.

You can compare guys that were handpicked by Vince McMahon and look what led to the fans turning on Reigns.

It's not rocket science but it's not as shallow as how you put it either.
That's a cop out explanation in my opinion. when you say fans doesn't like when a wrestler is shove down their throat yet when Finn balor got shove down people throat last year by winning the universal belt in his third match on the main roster, fans cheered the hell out of this.

Fans don't like when it's not their guy that's been shove down their throat. If they shove a guy they love down the fans throats, they will love it.

I think fans especially the IWC is really anti establishment and will have a double standard with who they like and who they don't. If a guy they like get a rocket attach to his back and ''Shove down their throat'', they will cheer the decision, if it'S somebody that the company like and see they can make money with him, then they hate him for no reason.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-18-2017, 05:37 PM
Navi's Avatar
Navi Navi is offline
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,092
Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
That's a cop out explanation in my opinion. when you say fans doesn't like when a wrestler is shove down their throat yet when Finn balor got shove down people throat last year by winning the universal belt in his third match on the main roster, fans cheered the hell out of this.

Fans don't like when it's not their guy that's been shove down their throat. If they shove a guy they love down the fans throats, they will love it.

I think fans especially the IWC is really anti establishment and will have a double standard with who they like and who they don't. If a guy they like get a rocket attach to his back and ''Shove down their throat'', they will cheer the decision, if it'S somebody that the company like and see they can make money with him, then they hate him for no reason.
You really can't tar all fans with the same brush as you keep on doing. If you ask 50 fans why they don't like him, you might end up with 50 different reasons. I'm sure everyone has their own.

For myself I find Reigns boring. Yes he has a look, he is good in the ring but what does bother me is after 5 years on the roster with some of the best promo guys, he hasn't learned a thing. Even if he had half the charisma the Rock has we wouldn't be having this conversation because this thread wouldn't exist. Reigns would be a huge superstar probably surpassing Cena in popularity.

I liked Reigns when he was part of the Shield because I was a huge Shield mark, it was only after they broke up and he went on his own I realized why he was the silent member. He was perfect in that role and fans loved him.

Reigns has a major shortcoming and you can't blame fans for that, that is his fault.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-19-2017, 04:32 AM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,885
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
You really can't tar all fans with the same brush as you keep on doing. If you ask 50 fans why they don't like him, you might end up with 50 different reasons. I'm sure everyone has their own.

For myself I find Reigns boring. Yes he has a look, he is good in the ring but what does bother me is after 5 years on the roster with some of the best promo guys, he hasn't learned a thing. Even if he had half the charisma the Rock has we wouldn't be having this conversation because this thread wouldn't exist. Reigns would be a huge superstar probably surpassing Cena in popularity.

I liked Reigns when he was part of the Shield because I was a huge Shield mark, it was only after they broke up and he went on his own I realized why he was the silent member. He was perfect in that role and fans loved him.

Reigns has a major shortcoming and you can't blame fans for that, that is his fault.
I was just making a point about the comment that was made before. I get your point but you are in the minority in thinking like this sadly. I would love if the more fans would think like you because I would make wrestling better if everybody was thinking like individual instead of being sheep but the fact is, a lot of fans or sheep and do react to some wrestlers based on what's popular with the IWC instead of who they really like.

Personally, I love roman reigns. The guy as a wrestling style that I found interesting and his personna is entertaining to me. At the same tie I don't see what fans sees in finn balor because I found him boring and I'm happy that he's stuck in the mid card but that's me.

In the end, I was just reeplying on a dumb post of somebody that was generalizing why ans don't like reigns by using and example of how hypocript the hardcore wrestling fans are with the term wrestlers being shove down their throat.

The reality of wrestling is that you have different group of fans and you might not like it and I might not like it but they do exist and that no going to change anytie soon and if you go ask your 50 different fans, why they hate roman reigns, I'm guarentee, that at less half of them will say the classic IWC respond that he got shove down are throat or the other classic respond of he can't wrestles which is both bogus reason.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-19-2017, 05:40 AM
Navi's Avatar
Navi Navi is offline
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,092
Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I was just making a point about the comment that was made before. I get your point but you are in the minority in thinking like this sadly. I would love if the more fans would think like you because I would make wrestling better if everybody was thinking like individual instead of being sheep but the fact is, a lot of fans or sheep and do react to some wrestlers based on what's popular with the IWC instead of who they really like.

Personally, I love roman reigns. The guy as a wrestling style that I found interesting and his personna is entertaining to me. At the same tie I don't see what fans sees in finn balor because I found him boring and I'm happy that he's stuck in the mid card but that's me.

In the end, I was just reeplying on a dumb post of somebody that was generalizing why ans don't like reigns by using and example of how hypocript the hardcore wrestling fans are with the term wrestlers being shove down their throat.

The reality of wrestling is that you have different group of fans and you might not like it and I might not like it but they do exist and that no going to change anytie soon and if you go ask your 50 different fans, why they hate roman reigns, I'm guarentee, that at less half of them will say the classic IWC respond that he got shove down are throat or the other classic respond of he can't wrestles which is both bogus reason.
Actually I don't even know 50 fans to ask, I only know about maybe 6-7 on a good day. Wrestling fans are a niche group and there aren't many of us around where I live.

Out of the people that do like wrestling though, a couple like him, one is a diehard fan, but the majority kind of feel like I do. We see him every week and he hasn't changed in 5 years. While others grow he hasn't, same gear, same music. Really the only change has been his entrance down the ramp, and even that took awhile.

I also think Finn Balor is a bit boring as well but again that is me. Those that think Reigns is being shoved down fans throats aren't really that wrong either. He has main evented the last 3 mania's and looks to main event this one. The last 3 Royal Rumble's have centered around him. So I can see where some fans are just a little tired of him.

What is really sad is the fact that a fan has to explain why they don't like someone or be labeled a hater. This phase started with Daniel Bryan and has continued. I don't care who other's like or dislike, their feelings don't concern me at all, it's up to you to decide what's best for you. All I expect is the same respect in return. It really isn't too much to ask for.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-19-2017, 07:46 AM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,885
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Actually I don't even know 50 fans to ask, I only know about maybe 6-7 on a good day. Wrestling fans are a niche group and there aren't many of us around where I live.

Out of the people that do like wrestling though, a couple like him, one is a diehard fan, but the majority kind of feel like I do. We see him every week and he hasn't changed in 5 years. While others grow he hasn't, same gear, same music. Really the only change has been his entrance down the ramp, and even that took awhile.

I also think Finn Balor is a bit boring as well but again that is me. Those that think Reigns is being shoved down fans throats aren't really that wrong either. He has main evented the last 3 mania's and looks to main event this one. The last 3 Royal Rumble's have centered around him. So I can see where some fans are just a little tired of him.

What is really sad is the fact that a fan has to explain why they don't like someone or be labeled a hater. This phase started with Daniel Bryan and has continued. I don't care who other's like or dislike, their feelings don't concern me at all, it's up to you to decide what's best for you. All I expect is the same respect in return. It really isn't too much to ask for.
i actually agree with you on this and i would love to have more fans like you around, i think we as a wrestling community writing about something we love shouldn't go and respect the opinion of one another and form are own opinion on who we like and who we didn't. The generic answered that some of us use when they don't know why they don't like somebody i think shouldn't exist. Fans hijacking a show just because it fun to do shouldn't exist either in my opinion.

I would love to go back in time and see fans just have fun and enjoy the show while cheering or booeing for who they like not because it's cool to do it but because they truly love or hate the performer. But in the social media era of wrestling we live in, i don't see that happening anymore which is sad because wrestling use to be about the performers and now it's more about the fans and that's a problem that i don't think can be fix anytime soon.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:29 AM
shooter_mcgavin shooter_mcgavin is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,513
shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
That's a cop out explanation in my opinion. when you say fans doesn't like when a wrestler is shove down their throat yet when Finn balor got shove down people throat last year by winning the universal belt in his third match on the main roster, fans cheered the hell out of this.
Fan reaction ins't that hot either for Balor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Fans don't like when it's not their guy that's been shove down their throat. If they shove a guy they love down the fans throats, they will love it.

I think fans especially the IWC is really anti establishment and will have a double standard with who they like and who they don't. If a guy they like get a rocket attach to his back and ''Shove down their throat'', they will cheer the decision, if it'S somebody that the company like and see they can make money with him, then they hate him for no reason.
That's a bit of an oxymoron. Shoving down your throat normally means pushing a guy people are rejecting (hence the shoving down your throat analogy since if you aren't rejecting it it doesn't need to be shoved down). That means if the guy being pushed is what the fans then it wouldn't be shoving down your throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I would love to go back in time and see fans just have fun and enjoy the show while cheering or booeing for who they like not because it's cool to do it but because they truly love or hate the performer. But in the social media era of wrestling we live in, i don't see that happening anymore which is sad because wrestling use to be about the performers and now it's more about the fans and that's a problem that i don't think can be fix anytime soon.
I am almost convinced the boo's Reigns get is that of indifference. I think the fun to boo Cena because it was cool has some truth to it while Reigns fans just don't like him. The obvious difference probably is in their Royal Rumble entrances 2008 for Cena and 2017 for Reigns. Both were a surprise #30 entrant. At 2008 the MSG fans popped huge for Cena, and 2017 fans just shouted a chorus of boo's. If fans were booing Reigns because it was cool (like what happened to Cena) then Reigns would have gotten a pop when he entered the rumble.

Last edited by shooter_mcgavin : 09-19-2017 at 11:33 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:24 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,885
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
I am almost convinced the boo's Reigns get is that of indifference. I think the fun to boo Cena because it was cool has some truth to it while Reigns fans just don't like him. The obvious difference probably is in their Royal Rumble entrances 2008 for Cena and 2017 for Reigns. Both were a surprise #30 entrant. At 2008 the MSG fans popped huge for Cena, and 2017 fans just shouted a chorus of boo's. If fans were booing Reigns because it was cool (like what happened to Cena) then Reigns would have gotten a pop when he entered the rumble.
If they we're really that indifferent to roman reigns, they wouldn't react at all. That's how you show indifference toward a wrestler.Also their a difference between the cena pop for being the a surprise entrant in the rumble match and the reaction that reigns got for being a surprise entrant in the rumble match.

Cena's got a huge pop mostly because he was injured at the time and wasn't suppose to come back that soon. in other word, the guy wasn't on tv every week. Reigns on the other hand, was still an active wrestler and this was just another guy in the rumble. Fans didn't have time to miss him. If he would have been injured like Cena was when he made his return, fans would have pop huge like they did for cena. It's called the comeback pop and pretty much everybody gets it.

In the end, i still stongly believe that some fans still boo the guy because it's fun to be anti establishment. Because let's face it. When you take the IWC or what i like to call them the fans that don'T go to WWE live events out of the equation, Reigns is Number in popularity behind Cena. So you really can't please everybody but the fact is if fans we're truly indifferent to Reigns, they wouldn't react to him at all but they do so either they truly hate him (which i really doubt) or the do it because it cool to do it. One thing is clear, WWE won't stop pushing him because half the fans don'T like him and half do.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-24-2017, 09:15 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,885
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Listening to the crowd after tonight' s match, I think that roman reigns just gain a lot of respect from the crowd tonight and just prove that he's good enough to fill cena's role when cena finally retire.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Dagger Dias's Avatar
Dagger Dias Dagger Dias is offline
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lorule
Age: 32
Posts: 8,862
Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Listening to the crowd after tonight' s match, I think that roman reigns just gain a lot of respect from the crowd tonight and just prove that he's good enough to fill cena's role when cena finally retire.
The positive reactions were for Cena. Not sure what show you were watching. I hate Roman Reigns now more than ever and I'm not the only one who feels this way. They need to stop this nonsense already and give someone else a try, someone who fans actually like. And no, before you go on with your House Show fans argument, I'm talking about the fans who go to Raw and PPV's. The places that make the WWE more money. They'll make more money by pushing people who are actually popular. Reigns will never be ready to fill Cena's role. He doesn't deserve it and I'm getting really fed up with the forced push. I felt so bad for Cena having to say all that bogus stuff about Roman on Raw Talk. I doubt that any of that was genuine.
__________________


"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Navi's Avatar
Navi Navi is offline
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,092
Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Listening to the crowd after tonight' s match, I think that roman reigns just gain a lot of respect from the crowd tonight and just prove that he's good enough to fill cena's role when cena finally retire.
You know I don't think anyone wants Cena to retire more than John Cena does himself at this point in time. Or at least semi-retire. He's been carrying this company on his back for the better part of the last 12 years, and yea now he goes off an does other things well because why not he's put his time in at the top.

I do believe him when he said that he has to come back even as a part timer because Reigns, who was hand picked to replace him, can't do the job as a full timer.

The notion that Roman Reigns thinks the fans buy tickets just to see him is laughable. How then does he explain that SD Live shows sell out when he's not on the roster. Fans these days don't buy tickets because a certain person is on the show, they buy tickets because of the whole roster. A roster that Reigns is a part of.

I do remember one house show in Toronto when Reigns was supposed to appear and he wasn't there. They offered refunds if people left the arena then, but I didn't see anyone leave, they all stayed around and enjoyed the rest of the guys.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices