WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...

Power Rangers- 6/10

I had some doubts about Power Rangers trying too hard to be an overly serious superhero film with a darker tone, but there's a good amount of humor and a lot of goofy antics throughout the movie. The product placement is annoying (the final act literally revolves around the local Krispy Kreme), and the movie falls off the rails a little bit towards the end, but this revamped version of Power Rangers delivers some good harmless fun, laughs, and Elizabeth Banks plays an entertaining villain with an appropriately hammy performance. I'm really glad they didn't go for a brooding style of storytelling with the characters to match, and Power Rangers actually pokes fun at itself a few times.

Power Rangers' current worldwide total sits at $129,010,590, and that's off of a reported production budget of $100,000,000. It's a disappointment, when you consider the heavy marketing campaign and all the big expectations for the return of Power Rangers.

Haim Sabin hinted at plans for a six movie story arc, and according to various reports, Lionsgate had high hopes for Power Rangers to fill the void left behind by The Hunger Games as their next big cash cow franchise. It's one of the reasons why Lionsgate decided to resurrect Saw for a new film later this year, and apparently, things aren't working out with Divergent. Alleigant was panned by the critics, and the movie had an underwhelming run at the box office. The series was supposed to come to a conclusion this year with the final film, but plans for the big finale are too murky now. Plans are in place to end Divergent as a TV film (or series), but the big problem with that is, Shailene Woodley reportedly won't return as Tris, and she backed out of the project altogether, when the plans for a possible move to TV were announced.

Power Rangers surprised me, but I honestly don't see an upside for any sequels. The superhero market is pretty crowded now. Power Rangers really needed to make a bigger splash with this film, and the nostalgia buzz to bring in older fans will only last for so long.

The Zookeeper's Wife- 7/10

Yes, it feels too contrived every now and then, but The Zookeeper's Wife is a tense, emotional, and well-crafted war drama. Jessica Chastain gives a good effort in the leading role, and The Zookeeper's Wife features a solid cast from top to bottom.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Swinging with Cesaro...

Randy Orton's Head Blood is looking to come up from OCW...Randy Orton's Head Blood is looking to come up from OCW...Randy Orton's Head Blood is looking to come up from OCW...

I got around to watching Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping the other night. I'd wanted to watch it ever since it came out last year because I love Andy Samberg in The Lonely Island & Brooklyn-99.

I was surprised. It was definitely a lot better than I expected it to be. In terms of one of these kinda films with all it's original music/performances, I think it's slightly better than Get Him To The Greek. The songs themselves are not only ridiculous, but also fucking hilarious sometimes. "Finest Girl (The Bin Laden Song) & "Ibitha" are two that stand out to me.

I'd definitely recommend watching it once, it might be all you can handle, but I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

6.5/10
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote