WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-03-2016, 06:29 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Phenom View Post
This is the best thing that I've ever read on the forums. If I could rep this post daily I would. Everyone needs to rep it.

So this isn't spam, the OP has a point. What's the point of even voting when there are policies in place that could theoretically reduce the majority vote to nothing such as a brokered convention or the Electoral College. They're supposed to vote for whichever way the majority of the people they're representing votes for, however, there are proceedings in place that allows them to vote whichever way they want. Never understood that.
The charter of the Republican party requires a majority of the vote.
What you're referring to is a plurality. A plurality is how Bill Clinton won two terms. He never got 50% of the vote. To win nomination within a party, you must win a majority of the delegates, which is more than 50%. The first ballot requires all delegates to vote how their state did. If this does not lead to a majority, but simply a pluarality, then the delegates are released to vote as they please until a deal is "brokered" to get one candidate a majority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:08 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...

So the Trump phenomenon marches forward, and Republicans (if not Americans in general) are growing increasingly apprehensive. Frankly I can't say that I blame them, as arguably the best shot at preventing him from occupying the White House is Hillary freakin' Clinton. So even though it is six months or more too late, the anti-Trump movement is in full force. Which of course will guarantee another Clinton becoming President, and will decimate the Republican Party either way.

The presumption these days is that Donald Trump will likely end up with the greatest number of pledged delegates, but will fall slightly short of the magic number of 1237. In fact, accomplishing this result has become the goal of the very Republicans that the voting population is rebelling against. How do they intend to accomplish their goal? Perhaps a unity party whereby Cruz and Kasich coalesce to form a consolidated force against Trump (and I'm pretty sure I just saw a pig fly past my living room window). A third party candidate to oppose Trump? Even parachuting someone such as Ryan or Romney or whoever else, who haven't even been involved in the process, into the picture.

Trump supporters are outraged. If he gets the greatest number of votes, comfortably, but falls short of 1237, the will of the people should be respected and he should become Clinton's unsuccessful opponent in November.

But the anti-Trump contingent say otherwise. There's no bending or breaking of the rules here. If he falls short of 1237, it goes to a vote at the contested convention. He doesn't win on the first ballot, then the delegates are freed up to do as they please, and Trump can be pinned 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring which will be the contested convention. It's simply the rules, the way it has always been done. It's got nothing specifically to do with Trump.

Which made me wonder. Hypothetically, had things played out a little differently, and had he not turned out to be an inconsistent flip flopping dud, let's play out a hypothetical scenario. Marco Rubio gets 1100 delegates. Trump gets 800. Cruz, Kasich and company split the rest. Would we even be having a discussion of someone other than the choice of the voting electorate even be in the discussion? Would Rubio get the endorsement of the party, and the process be over for all intents and purposes? And how would people be reacting if Trump were trying to fandangle the process by emerging victorious from a contested convention, even though he was second choice.

You cannot change the rules simply because you don't like the results. If Trump has won by far the greatest number of delegates, the greatest number of states, the greatest number of votes, he should be the guy. Maybe he is bat shit crazy. Maybe he will lose the election. Maybe he is an embarrassment. Maybe he is either poison or a bullet (which apparently no longer matters). But if he wins fair and square, why is this even a discussion?

And don't even get me started on the whole Supreme Court nomination schtick. Maybe if I get a little more time and energy, that's a a topic for Part Four.

You crazy Americans