WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > The All-Time Slammy Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: All Time WWF/E Superstar
Hulk Hogan 18 38.30%
Ric Flair 1 2.13%
Randy Savage 0 0%
Bret Hart 4 8.51%
Shawn Michaels 7 14.89%
Undertaker 2 4.26%
John Cena 5 10.64%
Bruno Sammartino 2 4.26%
Steve Austin 6 12.77%
Triple H 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmichaelscarn
Do you think Austin could have a show on VH1 about him and his family and have it last for 3 or 4 seasons, or have his own celebrity wrestling show? Possibly he could but I honestly dont think so.
Hogan had a show on VH1 because a) he has a hot-ass daughter, and b) his family is a train wreck. Hardly desirable. Austin couldn't have a show because his life has some semblance of privacy and control, whereas Hogan's family is in shambles. I'll gladly be the quiet retiree about whom people still talk, and discuss rumored matched, than to duck in and out of courtrooms, divorce proceedings, and supermarket tabloids to be labeled a "star."
sendpm.gif
Old 12-12-2008, 01:30 PM
On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan
WCW TV Champion

BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...BooCocky is a United States Champion...

or you can take A man like Stone Cold who cheated on his first wife and a man, who beat the shit out of Debra because of roid rage. Hogan's family might be corrupted but SCSA isn't much better.

So the quiet retiree thing is non sense, when he beat up his wife it was all over the news, The man is an abuser of woman.

Now onto the actual topic, the easy answer is Hulk Hogan. He is an icon, the greatest professional wrestler to ever live, he jump started a boom period that would later change the industry, he headlined Mania after Mania. Shit, wasn't it the first 8 or 9?

Austin couldn't compare to this, he drew for several years while Hogan had more. I like austin, but comparing him to Hogan is non sense. Austin might be second but, that's a distant second. No one influenced the business like Hogan, and thats why Hogan is an all time great.

Last edited by BooCocky : 12-12-2008 at 01:32 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to agentmichaelscarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. IrishCanadian25 View Post
Hogan had a show on VH1 because a) he has a hot-ass daughter, and b) his family is a train wreck. Hardly desirable. Austin couldn't have a show because his life has some semblance of privacy and control, whereas Hogan's family is in shambles. I'll gladly be the quiet retiree about whom people still talk, and discuss rumored matched, than to duck in and out of courtrooms, divorce proceedings, and supermarket tabloids to be labeled a "star."
I agree about his family being in shambles and his daughter being hot but I dont agree with that being the reason he got the show. That maybe why people kept watching but the reason he got the show to begin with is because he is Hulk Hogan. If Austin, Angle, Flair or any wrestler outside of maybe the Rock went to a network and pitched an idea about having a show about their family I dont think a network would buy it. Obviously I dont have any way of proving that but thats how I feel. I also wouldnt want all what Hogan does and has gone through either and would much rather have Austin's life, but I think the fact that he is in the tabloids and people follow it shows how big of star he is. No wrestler would get this type of coverage for going through a divorce or their kid going to jail, Hogan gets it because he is one of the few wrestlers ever that is a star outside of the wrestling community. I know this has nothing to do with his actual wrestling and it is mostly negative press but I just think it shows how famous and how big of a star he is. I think that should be one of if not the biggest factors when determining who the all time superstar is.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-13-2008, 08:34 PM

Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...

it was very close between hogan and austin but austin gets the vote this guy made wrestling good to watch and if it wasnt for him wwe would be no more with hogan he was the same as austin but hogan wasnt really as needed as austin was needed like i said

no austin in 1998 = no wwe

no hogan in 1980's = not as much money
sendpm.gif
Old 12-16-2008, 06:24 PM
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You's Avatar
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You 48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is offline
I > You
WWE Women's Champion

48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...

I voted Hulk Hogan. I was afraid that Sly would hurt me badly if I didn't.

Nah. The Hulkster put wrestling on the map. I can't say much more than that he is the biggest thing to ever happen to wrestling. Without him, there may not have been a Stone Cold or a John Cena. There may not be a WWE today. Hulk in a walk.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Future Endeavored
Knockout Champion

OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...

Gotta go for Hogan on this one. He really did take wrestling mainstream, and had pretty much every single fan in attendance cheering for him. His matches are still standing the test of time at the moment, and it really is a credit to the work he did. From his heart-breaking heel turn to slamming André at WrestleMania 3, Hogan will ALWAYS be remembered as THE MAN of wrestling.