WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-19-2016, 06:26 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissanceman4life View Post
Damn man. Yet another nice, neutral, insightful, intelligent, near-perfect post from you.

So, I don't hate Lesnar. As a matter of fact, I've been a long-time fan. It's also true that I prefer Kurt Angle, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Sting and classic 30-minute matches, if all Lesnar/Heyman can offer now is 10 German Suplexes to most of his opponents, and "My name is Paul Heyman and my client Buhhrrrock Lesnar" schtick ad nauseam ...but let's not beat that fact of my being a bit of a traditionalist.

My claim that he is ruining "wrestling", or "The WWE" both of which are pretty much synonymous when it comes to Wrestling in North America/The US...must appear to be grandiose, sweeping, irrational, absurd, or just downright bizarre and unquestioned/unfounded. Nevertheless, I have chosen to just not pursue that path of dispute, as I know for certain only and only Aquaman, and perhaps some others(absent from this thread right now) are capable/penetrating enough of seeing validity and truth in that claim, in all its ramifications, more bad than good.

Also, my claim of him "ruining" wrestling has nothing to do with how many T-shirts he sells, tickets he sells, and whatever else from an economic/investment and returns POV.

Obviously, if britney spears and justin bieber are professional musicians, and lets say hypothetically, were to sell millions and millions of records, whereas really very few were to buy/care about Mozart or Beethoven, wouldn't it follow that "music is being ruined" ? Or does the mere fact of more people liking the former and buying their cd makes them better, because they bring in money?

And like you said, Brock has been booked to be supremely dominant, and almost invincible for so long now..that he doesn't even need/have to make Seth Rollins look like an inconsequential pest/bitch. But of course, it's not just Brock's fault because perhaps he is simply following what the writers/bookers/powers that be told him to do.

Anyhow, I enjoyed your post and the resultant discussion.
When you have a topic title that indicates the most over and belivable character on the roster is ruining wrestling it comes off as asinine. When the time is right he will be booked to cleanly put someone over and it will be the biggest thing since the streak was broken.

He is the most decorated person in professional wrestling from high school, College, UFC and to WWE. He literally is a beast. Can he open up his arsenal more? Sure. But he's off TV enough for WWE to build up someone to rival him. But as it stands Brock's dominance is no different than Reigns punching or spearing LON every week or Raw.

Reigns looking invincible himself and even getting the best of Brock with no retaliation from Brock. There's nothing that is booked stronger than Brock outside of Reigns. So is he ruining wrestling too? Goldberg was massively over on WCW and all he did was a spear and jackhammer. The dominance makes people anticipate who WWE can build up to dethrone him.

But the smart move would be to save someone like Brock to rival the Wyatt's; a Heyman/Lesnar storyline would make more sense to me. Heyman/Wyatt can carry this storyline while dealing with Brock's appearances. Certainly I would hope he appeared more than Taker did.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2016, 01:21 AM
Accidental spam artist

Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Yes. Can't wait for the exact same Wyatt/Heyman promo week after week. I can't see why people would be excited for this.
sendpm.gif