WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-17-2016, 07:07 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
When I look at Randy Orton, I see potential. As has been mentioned, and is mentioned every time Orton is discussed, the guy has done everything there is to do in a WWE ring, and he's done it at a very young age. However, I still get the feeling that Orton, under the right circumstances can actually have a major career resurgence. I'm thinking of guys like Hogan and Sting, who both had reached a point in their careers where change seemed to be needed, and I believe that Orton falls in the same kind of mold right now. The transformations of Hulk Hogan and Sting to "Hollywood Hogan" and "The Crow" completely rejuvenated the careers of both guys, who, like Orton, had also been around forever and done it all.

Why not return with a completely different look, mindset, music, etc? People know who Orton is and if the idea is decent and intriguing, fans will likely buy into it. Who knows, it could even launch Orton into heights that he's never been before and start off his "2nd career". Ultimately, I think Orton's young, diverse, and skilled enough to overhaul his character one more time. Doubt it happens though.

As much as he needs it, I also doubt it happens. Seems the company just doesn't have the same type of creativity it used to...or the whole wrestling industry for that matter. In today's world, instead of awesome ideas such as the NWO/Hollywood Hogan or the Crow Sting, we get The League of Nations, or the MexAmericans, or the Social Outcasts. Individually, we get Sheamus who gets a completely new idiotic look and acts like his same ol self. So I'm not getting my hopes up for some cool fresh idea when in comes to Randy Orton. It'll be the same old boring stuff.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:27 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I love Randy Orton a lot. I see him on the same level as of John Cena. He is an awesome in-ring worker. He can play both as a heel and a face that too naturally. I think WWE should give him a chance to elevate mid-card titles and thus mid-carders like they did with John Cena and US Title. But i am very worried about his physical well-being.

sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 09:54 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lady View Post
The problem is that Orton himself sometimes looks like he doesn't want to be there.
I used to think that, but upon further examination I figure the problem is more that his ring repertoire is so smooth and any display of emotion so in check that I was getting the mistaken impression he was mailing it in.

I don't believe that anymore. Bret Hart attributed 'excellence of execution' to himself, yet I believe it's a quality surpassed by Randy Orton. The guy was born to be a professional wrestler, he never lets himself get out of shape .....and I've found that explosive shows of anger don't really work with him; he's more effective when handling his reactions to people/situations in understated fashion.

For instance, when he briefly teamed with Kane and Daniel Bryan.....when Daniel was in his 'paranoid' phase, Randy was fencing with him by rolling his eyes and effecting body language that suggested he'd put up with Bryan's insecurities for a while, but no longer. I thought Randy was terrific in this and realized he can 'act' better than I originally figured.

Hopefully, absence will make our hearts grow fonder by the time he finally comes back......and I wouldn't be surprised if management is keeping him out longer than his injuries require so that his return will seem fresh and exciting.....to us, and to him.

The guy is a master technician in the ring and has plenty of main-event time left in his career.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

I wouldn't complain even if Randy Orton wins yet another World Title. He's a naturally gifted wrestler and an athlete. I reckon, the huge pops and ovations that he had achieved was in the recent past. The Rated-RKO, Legacy wasn't never keep his momentum going. Even his feud with the Undertaker at Wrestlemania had so much accolades is because of the name Undertaker in it. So was his feuds with Triple H and the Authority in the past.

But in the recent years, things have changed. Even while aligning with the Authority it was Randy Orton who was garnishing considerable amount of heat. His feuds with Seth Rollins was overwhelming. Shame on him that he was injured. But I'll put my wager on some thunderous applause when he returns.

He still has a lot to achieve. He definitely deserves it.

Credits: Dave
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 05:20 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

I have to disagree. Orton got pushed because management liked him. Is he good in the ring? Sure but so was Shelton Benjamin and he never got the push like Orton. But character-wise, he only worked when he was dealing with top level talent. Put him in a feud with someone midcard and it doesn't seem to work. He really can't elevate talent either. So since it has been like this for a decade now, how do you use him differently today and make it seem natural? Look at his feud with Rollins - it really didn't elevate him and make him seem like a main eventer, he still came out behind Orton. So if wwe can't use him to elevate Rollins, how are they going to use him to elevate others? Orton and Cena have both been on top and protected for so long, they really don't serve any purpose other than to be a main event unless wwe is going to go in a radical new direction. Hogan was the same way - he left because really he wasn't going to elevate anyone anymore and when he came back from WCW, they still had the same problem. Only person Hogan really got over was Lesnar but that was the new direction - Lesnar was going though all the talent. Is there anyone on the roster today who you see wwe doing this with? Reigns - been on the roster too long already. Owens - already on the roster and they screwed it up by having him lose to Cena. Anyone from NXT? not really. So unless they really want to undermine Orton and have people coming up just run through him, his purpose is limited.
sendpm.gif