WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-16-2016, 10:47 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

What's been missing from Reigns is a reason for the crowd to get behind him. You have 2 types of champs in wwe - those management wants to push and those the fans choose. Guys like HBK, Austin, Foley and even the Rock to a degree are ones that the fans chose to get behind for whatever reason. They were not supposed to be champ(except for the Rock), they worked for years before being given the chance to be the top guy. Even with the Rock, fans rejected him and he had to work his way up. Then you get guys that management wants and get pushed -Batista, etc. These are the guys management is going to make champ and you are expected to get behind. Reigns is one of them. Remember when they were all in The Shield - Reigns was never the one they were talking about. Even when they split, it was still Rollins and Ambrose who had the bright future, not Reigns. Then he got hurt and suddenly he was going to be the bit star of the group because wwe said so and they started pushing him like crazy over guys that the fans liked. That was the problem all along - the fans had no reason to like him since wwe was going to make him champ anyways. I think that with them holding off almost a year before making him champ, they were able to somewhat get the fans to support him and that is why it seems better now. I also think with Daniel Bryan not on tv, the fans didn't have someone to support so they were more willing to back him. Put it together and you now have a champ the audience will support.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 11:38 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azane View Post
"What if I win" is going to be the tagline in the promo for the Royal Rumble, that's pretty much the only reason it was muttered.
I know right, but the problem is, those Tag Lines are supposed to make the crowd to jump off their seats to give standing ovation, if not, should make them at least to cheer him over that. But it was lacklustre when he muttered the same. No crowd reaction or whatsoever.

Credits: Dave
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 11:41 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Vee View Post
I know right, but the problem is, those Tag Lines are supposed to make the crowd to jump off their seats to give standing ovation, if not, should make them at least to cheer him over that. But it was lacklustre when he muttered the same. No crowd reaction or whatsoever.
But look at what you're comparing it to. Triple H is addressing the audience with his line, Y2J is playing to the crowd when he is saying is. Roman Reigns didn't present it as a catchphrase, emphasize on it or play it off to the crowd. I never viewed it as him playing to the crowd like when he says "Believe That".
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
But look at what you're comparing it to. Triple H is addressing the audience with his line, Y2J is playing to the crowd when he is saying is. Roman Reigns didn't present it as a catchphrase, emphasize on it or play it off to the crowd. I never viewed it as him playing to the crowd like when he says "Believe That".
Did it sound like he was playing the crowd when he was delivering the Tater Tot promo? Nope absolutely not. But in the WWE creative's verdict it was supposed to be a phrase which the crowd plays with the piper. But it didn't happen. I'm just assuming the same that happened with what if I win promo as well. Vince might've expected the crowd to crazy but it didn't happen. If you watch that segment closely, you would've seen some changes in Vince's attitude after that no reaction. He sort of sluttered his words. I reckon he might've gone off the script as he didn't reply to the direct question. Perhaps it's my hunch.

Credits: Dave
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 12:00 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Perhaps it's your hunch is right. Maybe you're right, I don't know but I perceived it differently. I believe Reigns tater tot line and reference to potatoes were his attempt at humor. Even if it was corny.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

It was a creative tagline to sell the Royal Rumble and almost guaranteed to be scripted.

As for why the crowd didn't have a strong reaction, the blame is Reigns' lackluster mic skills.

Reigns is over, but until he improves his mic skills, he's not going to reach that next level.
sendpm.gif