WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Sports Arena
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
First, we all know you didn't watch the 96 Bulls live, and if you did you were like 8 years old and didn't know what you were seeing.
What we DO know is that you clearly cannot do math. Try again.

Quote:
Funny how you only apply that "Warriors are vulnerable inside but Bulls had no inside game" one way. It applies the other way too. Those Bulls basically only had trouble against elite centers, like Hakeem and the Rockets. The Warriors don't have that.
The Bulls never played a team which spreads the floor like the Warriors do. When the Cavaliers cannot even play Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson at the same time because of the Warriors' perimeter threat, then what can the Bulls do? Dennis Rodman, as good of a post defender as he was, is much less effective on the perimeter and his effectiveness as a rebounder would be minimized. Luc Longley wouldn't be able to play at all and Toni Kukoc couldn't guard me. Ron Harper wasn't capable of spreading the floor and there's no way Steve Kerr could begin comprehending trying to guard Steph Curry, nor could Kerr or Harper break Curry down off the dribble like Irving.

At the end of the day, the only place the Bulls would have had the advantage would be MJ. Klay Thompson is recognized as a very good defender and while no one would stop Jordan from scoring, Thompson et all would be good enough to keep Jordan from single-handedly beating them.

The Warriors wouldn't need an inside game to beat the Bulls, they are a far better perimeter and motion team. The Bulls would need a strong inside game to defeat the Warriors, but they didn't have it.

Quote:
The Bulls had 3 elite perimeter defenders in Jordan, Pippen, and Harper....plus Rodman. If there's any team equipped to defend these Warriors, it was the '96 Bulls.
Nah. First of all, the Bulls didn't have anyone who could defend Durant. And I can say that unequivocally, because there's never been a basketball player who can shut down Durant. As I said above, Harper would be a huge liability on offense and he would not be quick enough to stay in front of Curry, which means Jordan would have to guard Curry. And Rodman couldn't guard Durant or Green, so he'd be stuck on Pachulia or West or McGee, depending on who was in the game, assuming one of those three were in the game.

Quote:
I think the Warriors tendency to get loose and careless with the ball would hurt them against a disciplined and veteran team like those Bulls too.
When compared against number of possessions per game, the Warriors number of turnovers is no where near troubling.

The Warriors would beat the Bulls. The Bulls just simply don't match up well at all with the 2017 Warriors.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
What we DO know is that you clearly cannot do math. Try again.

The Bulls never played a team which spreads the floor like the Warriors do. When the Cavaliers cannot even play Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson at the same time because of the Warriors' perimeter threat, then what can the Bulls do? Dennis Rodman, as good of a post defender as he was, is much less effective on the perimeter and his effectiveness as a rebounder would be minimized. Luc Longley wouldn't be able to play at all and Toni Kukoc couldn't guard me. Ron Harper wasn't capable of spreading the floor and there's no way Steve Kerr could begin comprehending trying to guard Steph Curry, nor could Kerr or Harper break Curry down off the dribble like Irving.

At the end of the day, the only place the Bulls would have had the advantage would be MJ. Klay Thompson is recognized as a very good defender and while no one would stop Jordan from scoring, Thompson et all would be good enough to keep Jordan from single-handedly beating them.

The Warriors wouldn't need an inside game to beat the Bulls, they are a far better perimeter team. The Bulls would need a strong inside game to defeat the Warriors, but they didn't have it.

Nah. First of all, the Bulls didn't have anyone who could defend Durant. And I can say that unequivocally, because there's never been a basketball player who can shut down Durant. As I said above, Harper would be a huge liability on offense and he would not be quick enough to stay in front of Curry, which means Jordan would have to guard Curry. And Rodman couldn't guard Durant or Green, so he'd be stuck on Pachulia or West or McGee, depending on who was in the game, assuming one of those three were in the game.

When compared against number of possessions per game, the Warriors number of turnovers is no where near troubling.

The Warriors would beat the Bulls. The Bulls just simply don't match up well at all with the 2017 Warriors.
Rodman couldn't guard on the perimeter? LOL! While he wasn't the perimeter defender in '96 that he was in Detroit, he most certainly could guard someone like Draymond. That might've been the least informed thing you've said yet, which is really saying something.

Yes, Durant is going to get buckets....see how he lit Lebron up like a Christmas tree in this year's finals. That said, Pippen is an all time elite defender. Would've been interesting.

Harper could guard Klay and take turns on Curry. You seem to greatly underestimate his defensive ability too. If the Dubs have a center on the floor, then you most certainly could play Longley or hide Kukoc.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
AGAIN you are subtly lying by changing it to ring chasing.
That's what this whole thing was about. You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word "lie".

Quote:
Still ain't named ANY PLAYER that people flocked to play with.
Umm, people flock to play with LeBron.

Quote:
Who was Pippen flocking to play with? Rasheed? Who was Shaq flocking to play with....Nick Van Exel?
You seem to be confused. Go back to what you said:

Quote:
Couldn't come up with any examples of 80s 90s players "flocking" to play with others?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and presume you simply forgot what you said. You didn't ask who people flocked to play with, you asked which players flocked to play with others to win. And I gave you plenty of names.

Quote:
You're subtly trying to change the conversation. Veterans jumping on good teams and "ring chasing" and stars "flocking" to play with other stars are not the same thing.
They are in the context in which I've always discussed.

If you didn't understand that, then that's your problem. My point was always that, despite Jordan's greatness, nobody wanted to come play with him to win. Numerous players want to come play with LeBron and win.

Quote:
You tried to apply something from one era to another, and it failed because you're going up against someone who actually watched basketball back then. You can't google your way through this one. Take your L, and stop flopping around like a fish.
This doesn't even make sense. If you don't understand what you're talking about, then don't reply.

Quote:
LMAO at you being so shook that you want to use your "administrator powers" to stop the onslaught. That's the saddest thing I've ever heard. FOH.

No, that's not what I said. In fact, that's the opposite of what I said. Again, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you simply misunderstood because you're stupid.

I'm not saying you cannot argue with me. I'm not saying you cannot insult me. I'm saying you cannot lie. If you continue to lie, then there will be official repercussions. I'm not using my "administrator powers" (by the way, you don't use quotes when you paraphrase someone, without acknowledging you're paraphrasing) to keep you from debating, I'm using them to tell you to stop lying, like I would say to any child.

I'll make this really simple for you.

Argue if you want. Insult if you wish. But don't lie.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Quote:
Rodman couldn't guard on the perimeter? LOL! While he wasn't the perimeter defender in '96 that he was in Detroit, he most certainly could guard someone like Draymond.
Well, that's just pure nonsense and only further proves you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Yes, Durant is going to get buckets....see how he lit Lebron up like a Christmas tree in this year's finals. That said, Pippen is an all time elite defender. Would've been interesting.
No it wouldn't, Durant would kill Pippen. LeBron is a better defender on a player like Durant, and like you said, Durant still killed in this year's finals. Durant would kill Pippen too.

Quote:
Harper could guard Klay and take turns on Curry.
Harper could match up with Klay, but he wouldn't do any better of a job than anyone else does on Thompson. But because you have Harper on Thompson, that means you have to put your only shot at winning, Jordan, on Steph Curry, who is constantly in motion on offense and coming off screen after screen after screen. Having to have Jordan chase Curry around the floor all night would wear him down. Additionally, as I said, having Harper in the game would clog the floor because Harper doesn't have an outside shot.

Quote:
You seem to greatly underestimate his defensive ability too.
I'm not underestimating Harper's defensive ability, I'm accurately assessing who he could guard. Harper couldn't guard Steph Curry 30 feet from the basket and all around the floor, he simply wasn't quick enough. He would have had to guard Thompson, as you agree. Which means Jordan spends the entire series chasing Curry.

Quote:
If the Dubs have a center on the floor, then you most certainly could play Longley or hide Kukoc.
Kukoc couldn't guard West, Pachulia or McGee, he'd get killed on the boards. And, again, Rodman wouldn't be able to defend Green around the perimeter, not in the late 90s. Rodman would have to guard the center position, Pippen on Durant, Jordan on Curry, Harper on Thompson and figure out the last matchups depending on whose in the game.

That's not at all optimal for the Bulls. You have your best scorer chasing Curry around the floor nonstop through multiple screens, you have Pippen trying to guard an unstoppable Durant who has a several inch height advantage, you have Harper who would be a liability on offense against the Warriors and you have no answer for Green.

The Warriors would be a terrible matchup for the Bulls. The Bulls couldn't punish the Warriors inside and we all know a 3 pointer is worth more than a 2 pointer.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
That's what this whole thing was about. You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word "lie".

Umm, people flock to play with LeBron.

You seem to be confused. Go back to what you said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and presume you simply forgot what you said. You didn't ask who people flocked to play with, you asked which players flocked to play with others to win. And I gave you plenty of names.

They are in the context in which I've always discussed.

If you didn't understand that, then that's your problem. My point was always that, despite Jordan's greatness, nobody wanted to come play with him to win. Numerous players want to come play with LeBron and win.

This doesn't even make sense. If you don't understand what you're talking about, then don't reply.

No, that's not what I said. In fact, that's the opposite of what I said. Again, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you simply misunderstood because you're stupid.

I'm not saying you cannot argue with me. I'm not saying you cannot insult me. I'm saying you cannot lie. If you continue to lie, then there will be official repercussions. I'm not using my "administrator powers" (by the way, you don't use quotes when you paraphrase someone, without acknowledging you're paraphrasing) to keep you from debating, I'm using them to tell you to stop lying, like I would say to any child.

I'll make this really simple for you.

Argue if you want. Insult if you wish. But don't lie.
All that to continue dicking around and dodging the question. Name an 80's or 90's superstar that people "flocked" to play with. You still haven't done it. Just keep dancing around.

"Repurcussions"....LOL! Meanwhile you're the one ducking and dodging and being dishonest. Pathetic.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Quote:
All that to continue dicking around and dodging the question. Name an 80's or 90's superstar that people "flocked" to play with. You still haven't done it. Just keep dancing around.
Why do I have to answer a question which has nothing to do with what I said? How stupid are you?

As I told you last time, the point is that players of the 90s left teams to chase rings. Players of today flock to LeBron to win, players years ago didn't flock to Jordan to win, which shows LeBron is regarded as a far better teammate (in addition to the other things I've already mentioned). The players I named ALL left teams searching for a ring, none went to play with Jordan to win. People WANT to play with LeBron to win, they didn't want to play with Jordan to win. I have given you multiple examples. You engaging in fallacious arguments doesn't make you right, it just makes you stupid and/or dishonest.

Quote:
"Repurcussions"....LOL!
You've been warned. Don't lie again.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Lebron isn't getting 3 more rings. Only if he signs with GS, which would ruin his legacy altogether.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:19 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Like Babe Ruth going from the Red Sox to the Yankees, Barry Bonds from the Pirates to the Giants or Greg Maddux from the Cubs to the Braves? Wayne Gretzky with the Oilers, King, Blues and Rangers? Peyton Manning with the Colts and Broncos, Joe Montanta with the 49ers and the Chiefs or even Reggie White from the Eagles to the Packers? How about Kareem going from the Bucks to the Lakers or Wilt playing for the Warriors, 76ers and Lakers?
Well I don't watch Baseball so I can't compare Babe Ruth or Barry Bonds to their contemporaries.

But LeBron James will be compared to the likes of Johnson, Jordan, Bryant, and Duncan all players whose part of the legacy is that their glory years was with one team.

You mentioned Gretzky, Jordan, and Manning all playing in different teams. But Gretzky didn't exactly ask for a trade and even when he was people still remember his greatest years was with the Dynasty era of the Oilers. I don't watch Football that much either but know what Manning meant to the city in my 5 months living in Indianapolis plus, as I recall, it was the Colts that released Manning after the year we was sidelined. Yet despite winning a ring in Denver his legacy is cemented as a member of the Colts. As for Jordan, I think it's safe to say people will remember his prime years winning 6 Championships with the Bulls than the two twilight years with Washington.

I think the difference with Lebron is that he actively sought to go to a new team twice. Very different circumstances from Gretzky, Manning, and Jordan.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, where are you getting this idea the greatest players never changed teams during their greatest years?

And again with the excuses why Jordan doesn't have to abide by the standard LeBron and others do. It's so ridiculous.

When I think of the NBA from 2004-2017 I think of LeBron James. Why does that not count? Why does it count against LeBron because he was great with two different teams? Like, seriously, that's a terrible argument..."LeBron James cannot be as good as Jordan because LeBron was great on two different teams and Jordan was only great on one".

The arguments are just absurd.
I guess the better term besides great is legacy. The fact you will always remember Gretzky as an Oiler, Lemieux as a Penguin, Brady as a Patriot, Manning as a Colt, Jordan as a Bull, and Bryant as a Laker means they will leave a far more memorable legacy than Lebron.

Like I said nothing against LeBron. If I was a Heat or Cavs fan I would probably worship him as well. Especially if I was a Cavs fan who were dying to win a Championship.