WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Welcome to WrestleZone Forums! > Site Administration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:23 PM
WZCW's Mr Excitement
WWE European Champion

a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via AIM to a0161613 Send a message via MSN to a0161613 Send a message via Skype™ to a0161613

Awesome thread.

The problem I have is that I can't watch wrestling. I am the a-typical internet wrestling fan. I feel at an extreme disadvantage here sometimes, so I used to keep myself to the efed, then the spam zone, then the bar room and the occasional tourney thread.

I still am a total lurker and will post very occasionally. Mainly because Youtube can't provide the insight that 3-6 hours per week of wrestling TV can.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-15-2009, 03:09 PM
is losing his edge
WWE Women's Champion

Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...

I'm not too versed in the subject of becoming a better poster, but I think I can offer a few suggestions.

New posters should focus on what they know, but at the same time they should try their hand in all areas of the forum. I've focused on the bar since I learned about it and now I don't think I'd be very recognizable in other sections.

Unless you feel completely solid on a topic, don't make huge 'earth-shattering' statements like "Wrestling's Current Situation Is Your Fault". Threads like that will probably get you heat...bad heat.

Don't start repping until you get 50 posts and get a little bit of rep for yourself. People may end up labeling you as a noob before you even get off the ground.

Don't be afraid of experienced posters. If you one up them without actin arrogant they will probably react in a positive manner.

I disagree with IC25. Use vocab that you feel comfortable with. If you try to use big words that you don't have a firm grasp on you may come off as a pseudo-intellectual which has a worse effect than using more simplistic diction.

Avoid txt words.

Instead of using 'vocab' words, you should work on grammar and syntax. More people will read your posts if they look well organized and coherent.

I can't think of much else off hand, but being respectful and staying informed on your topics will help you get by.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:33 PM
WWE European Champion

Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...

You want to get recognized? Either start frequenting The Bar Room or join WZCW. There are very few people here who have been recognized for their efforts without either becoming a Bar Room regular or a member of WZCW. And, a majority of the aforementioned people don't even visit these forums that often (e.g., Dragonslayer, LigerBomb, and Azrael Cain).
Old 05-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Plump, Juicy User
United States Champion

gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...gd is a United States Champion...

Is this a good recongnizable avatar?

I don't consider myself a "recognizable poster", but I think I know what it takes. First of all, grammar and formatting. I pretty much ignore people who don't use capitals or paragraphs, and just have massive blobs of texts.

I agree that the Bar Room helps, since most of the well known posters are in there often and you can get to know them.

I also try to stay with stuff that I know, which is mainly WWE. It also helps that it is easier to argue with some of the less intelligent posters there. After that, I'm hoping to get into more debates with the smarter, well-known posters such as IC.

Based on my plan, I should be main eventing Wrestlemania within 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyourinmaru View Post
it's a prestarted family. My Girlfriend has a 3 year old
sendpm.gif
Old 05-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Team Finnley Baylor
ECW TV Champion

It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMexico View Post
I think Rusty would argue that.

Also about the name change, I must say that I think people will recognize me even if I get a name change, for those who get a name change, make sure people know who you are when you do, because it can get confusing. I always keep the TM in mine.
True, Sly has LUGER...and does defend Cena relentlessly. If I do change it, I keep the Lariat or Lariato in the name, that way, people know it's me. If a great poster will full rep posts something and all of a sudden, his name's Wild Bill Irwin's Bullwhip, then that will throw some people off. But I would mark the eff out if NorCal changed his name to Naked Bret Hart or some variation of it.

Last edited by It's...Baylariat! : 05-15-2009 at 08:55 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-16-2009, 04:47 AM
I am The Last Baron
ECW Champion

Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...

Being a recognizable poster doesn't mean having a major amount of posts, that comes later, when I started there was a group of them that you recognize and develop with. Shockey, Norcal, Xfear and myself all started around the same time and we have all at the very least been mod.

Develop something that makes you stand out, Shockey with the Wrestlezone Tournament, and I had the Wrestler of the Week thread that went for just over a year.

If you care about post count, choose someone that has a similar number of posts as you and beat them to the next total that is somewhat significant, whether that be 100 posts, or 1000. Try and make an Avatar your own, Until the new avatars came in I owned the David Flair one for no other reason than I could be distinctive with it because noone else had it. Unless you have a reason to, keep your sig the same for a long period of time, it looks better and it is another way to identify yourself.

Make good posts, smart and intelligent posts that can be analyzed 10 ways from sunday are usually going to be good as that means a great deal for people that want to go through and make a debate over a topic, while you may be torn to shreds, try come back and tear their argument to shreds using a similar tactic. If you lose a debate think about why you were brought around to their way of thinking and apply that in future to do the other where you are bringing people around to your way of thinking. Looking at a wider range of related topics to define yourself within the frame of reference of the thread bring in anything that makes your point. If you need to bring in reference to World War II go for it, if it makes sense within the thread.
Originally Posted by Me To Mr Wrestling 3:I have called you the Last Great Journeyman Champion. Would you consider that a fair assessment, since it puts you in with the Likes of Brody, Race, Rhodes, Nature Boy and Thesz.
I would but on a very different level. While I spent years traveling the world as both the AWA and NWA World champion I never had the chance to draw the numbers that these guys did. Would I have been able to draw in the 60's and 70's? Maybe now in my 2008 shape and wrestling style but remember those guys worked 380 shots a year.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Love is not admissable evidence.
WWE Diva's Champion

The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to The Bearded One Send a message via MSN to The Bearded One

I know I'm not recongizable at all. And I'm fine with that, because I take people by surprise if I make good posts. The only thing I really have going for me is my name. I guess it might be a gimmick, since people always message me about it. But I don't mind being easily forgettable, because people don't have high expectations for me.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Murfish View Post
I'm not too versed in the subject of becoming a better poster
Understatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Murfish View Post
I disagree with IC25. Use vocab that you feel comfortable with. If you try to use big words that you don't have a firm grasp on you may come off as a pseudo-intellectual which has a worse effect than using more simplistic diction.
Murfish also brings up a great point - make sure you READ what you are responding to. For example, Murfish is now saying that he disagrees with me. But what may confuse you is exactly WHAT he is disagreeing with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25
As for becoming "known" for something, I was known as the poster with the crazy vocabulary. The vocab words I use on WZ (epitome, harkens, harbinger, personifies, etc.) all kinda highlighted my posts.
What you'll notice is that, in this original post, NO WHERE did I actually suggest to new posters that they use huge vocab words to get over. Never once. I said that it was one thing I have done to highlight / create uniqueness in my posts.

So, Murfish has disagreed with a statement I never made, all because he responded without reading or comprehending my statement. As a result, he's been pwned in this thread and red repped for his efforts. I think he's done a great job of providing a demonstration of what not to do. Thank you, Murfish!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2009, 01:33 PM
is losing his edge
WWE Women's Champion

Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...Murfish is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCanadian25 View Post
Understatement.

Murfish also brings up a great point - make sure you READ what you are responding to. For example, Murfish is now saying that he disagrees with me. But what may confuse you is exactly WHAT he is disagreeing with...

What you'll notice is that, in this original post, NO WHERE did I actually suggest to new posters that they use huge vocab words to get over. Never once. I said that it was one thing I have done to highlight / create uniqueness in my posts.

So, Murfish has disagreed with a statement I never made, all because he responded without reading or comprehending my statement. As a result, he's been pwned in this thread and red repped for his efforts. I think he's done a great job of providing a demonstration of what not to do. Thank you, Murfish!
I'll be honest when I say that I just skimmed your post. I noticed what you actually said later. I decided to keep the post as it was because I still made a valid point about trying to appear smart. I wasn't attacking your intelligence, IC. I was just putting a warning out there for everyone else.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Super Chocolate Bear.

Hero is looking to come up from OCW...Hero is looking to come up from OCW...Hero is looking to come up from OCW...Hero is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to Hero

I don't really see being a recognizable poster that important. I just pop in, make a few posts and have a few debates for fun. I'm not coming on here when I can to become recognizable. I'm doing it because I enjoy it. If people recognize me, that's nice, but if they don't it doesn't matter because I'll still be enjoying posting on here.