WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > The WrestleZone Tournament Archives > WrestleZone Tournament XI > Austin Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Match?
Chris Benoit 19 54.29%
Sid Vicious 16 45.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Toast, Golf Balls and a Rubber Duck
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Austin Region, Portland Subregion, First Round: (15) Chris Benoit vs.(18) Sid Vicious

This is a first round match in the Austin Region, Portland Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Moda Center in Portland, Oregon.

#15. Chris Benoit

Vs.

#18. Sid Vicious

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:47 AM
Soulberg
WWE Diva's Champion

Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...

One of the most overrated wrestlers ever vs one of the most underrated. Sid was an awesome heel, and somehow he was even a better talker than captain boring.

Vote for the guy who didn't murder his family.
It's the side effects that save us.

-"Graceless" by The National
Old 03-20-2017, 03:01 AM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
WWF Hardcore Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

When they met on the biggest stage, a ppv main event with the world title on the line, WCW put Benoit over despite knowing he was possibly right out the door. He left put over strong.

He also went on to win the WWE world title at Wrestlemania. That's the kind of spot Sid had previously been built up to lose.

There are plenty more interesting monsters in this tournament than Sid to vote for. And there are plenty of potentially interesting matches for Benoit after this one. Its hard to argue against this being a clear vote for Benoit.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:49 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pillman View Post
Its hard to argue against this being a clear vote for Benoit.
I disagree that it's hard to argue against Chris Benoit. One of the performers in this voting poll on an internet message board murdered his wife and family; the other did not.

Vote for the guy in this poll who isn't a child killer.

Also, in before someone tries the moral equivalence argument.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:57 AM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
WWF Hardcore Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

If we're not going to use the criteria of Benoit's wrestling career to evaluate him in these matches, why include him in the tournament?

He's clearly not going to win or make a deep run. But he should be advancing through this first round matchup, as history already tells us that this is a matchup that Chris Benoit was tabbed to go over in for a world title.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:35 AM
WWE European Champion

ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...

There's no reason to add Benoit every year just to see him get eliminated by the same reason. We all know about what happened. We all know that it was wrong.

I'm going to vote for Benoit here. He had classic matches and he was a machine in the ring. I still get excited when I hear his entrance music. Diving headbutt and crossface are included in my favorite moves of all time as they're damn good. I don't remember him speaking on mic but I continue listening that Benoit wasn't good on mic. But for me, in-ring skills >> mic skills.

So, Benoit.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:41 AM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

I'm going to be voting against Chris Benoit for wrestling reasons. Sid was consistently on top of whatever promotion he was in, Benoit was occasionally placed there in desperate times, and then went back down or out the door again. Chris Benoit, from a wrestling perspective at least, was a safe pair of hands, but a promotion full of Chris Benoits wouldn't get out of high school gyms.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
Old 03-20-2017, 06:37 AM
...7, 8, Better stay up late...
Million Dollar Champion

nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Match history, title legacy, all around badass, points to Chris.

Sid is known for sweating, yelling and breaking his leg.

Until Benoit is removed for his personal choices, along with anyone else with a sketchy/tragic outside life, then we should vote on in ring merit. I wont yell at you for making the choice against Benoit, but if thats the case, I assume any straight edge or devout religious folks should kindly vote against anyone listed who fails the moral checklist.

Vote against Chris if you must, but dont make a hypocrite of yourself by ignoring the same criteria later on.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Sid was a great spectacle, who dorked up his chances of being the next Hulk Hogan or Bruiser Brody.

Chris sold tickets, captured the hearts of the fans and had the kind of big moments that few wrestlers ever have.

I don't think that anyone who votes for Chris forgives him for what he became, I think they recognize that Sid didn't have half the heart or popularity that Chris had.

Vote Chris Benoit.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

I'm going to be voting for Sid, but rest assured that it has not a damn thing to do with Benoit's personal life and what he did.

Bottom line is that Sid, while not the best in the ring or on the mic, was a consistent top draw in wrestling during the early and mid 90s. Also, the type of performers that he beat were the Benoit type of performers. Like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Yes Benoit could wrestle circles around Sid, but honestly, that's about all Benoit had on Sid. He was a bigger spectacle, draw, and name. Going by that, how could you not vote for Sid?

Vote Sid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.