WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > The WrestleZone Tournament Archives > WrestleZone Tournament XI > Rock Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Match?
Batista 26 74.29%
Roman Reigns 9 25.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2017, 12:20 AM
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Rock Region, Birmingham Subregion, First Round: (11) Batista vs. (22) Roman Reigns

This is a first round match in the Rock Region, Birmingham Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Legacy Arena in Birmingham, Alabama.

#11. Batista

Vs.

#22. Roman Reigns

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:37 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

As much as I hate reigns you can't deny he is charismatic to some...

Batista is best playing Drax, or talking to basketballs.
I never understood how someone with so little talent got over as much as he did.

Given a choice I would vote for an carbon rod or a pet rock over Dave.

But cuz I can't. The duke goes to roman.

Man has a future in the industry and won't just take from it.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Batista is a man that while in this prime, defeated Triple H, Undertaker, HBK and Cena.
He was much more popular than Roman Reigns, connected with the crowd better and was always over as a babyface, even when going against The Undertaker. He carried Smackdown from 2005 to 2006 and was in a title in every PPV in 2007. And guess what. Fans really had no problem with it.

Sorry Roman, but in your best day, you still haven't reached the heights and accomplishments that Batista had from 2005 to 2008.

Some people could even argue that if it wasn't for his injuries and age, Batista would have stayed over Cena and Cena wouldn't have really become the "guy".

Vote the Animal.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:58 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Hm, this is a tough one for me. Both guys are ridiculously similar in a lot of ways. Batista's beaten some of the best of his era, but so has Roman Reigns. While names like HBK, Cena, and the Undertaker may sound more impressive than AJ Styles, Randy Orton, and Daniel Bryan, the fact is that Reigns has never had the opportunity to face the three names listed above (Taker, Cena, HBK), at least not yet. I don't think that proves anything. I can just as easily say that Batista tapped to Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania and than got pinned by Reigns at Extreme Rules. Reigns has also beaten an unstoppable monster in Braun Strowman and damn near beat a more unstoppable Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, so this argument isn't a dealbreaker for me.

Both guys were the muscle in two of the more memorable factions in the last 20 years. Batista was more of a bit-player, playing third fiddle to HHH and Orton until 2005 though while I viewed The Shield as a much more equal unit. Still when he broke out, Batista broke out big. There was nobody hotter than Batista in 05-06 except maybe that one guy John Cena. Roman Reigns never really distinguished himself as special, the only thing that's done that is his booking.

Batista won 6 World titles in a span of 5 years. Reigns has won 3 in the span of 2 years. Batista has clearly had the more memorable championship reigns in my opinion. Yup this one's tough. I really have no idea who would win a match between these two if they were to face off in their primes. They'd probably split more often than naught as Cena/Batista did.

I'm probably going to go with Batista because at this point he's reached greater heights at his peak than Roman has. Reigns' peak has yet to come and in maybe a year or so this would be a different story, but right now I'm probably voting Batista.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:26 PM
Godfather of Integrity
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

They both went into a WrestleMania main event against Triple H for the World Title. They were both faces. One got cheered and the other got booed out of the building resulting in the crowd mics magically being turned down. I'll go with the guy who actually did his job correctly and got the crowd to cheer him.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:02 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Unfortunately for Roman Reigns, he hasn't quite reached Batista's first run in WWE yet. I'm absolutely sure (barring a career ending injury) that Roman will surpass Batista in the future at some point. There is potential left untapped with Roman IMO that WWE hasn't quite explored yet. Batista on the other hand got used well as a face and heel and for the most part, got some big reactions in both roles. His accomplishments and major victories are also a little more impressive as well.

I'm voting Batista, but it's not a landslide vote.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:03 AM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...

Oh now this is a tasty treat. Roman Reigns could be great. In spite of the insufferable booking his character endures, he has proven time and again that he is genuinely a very talented dude and he excels where many others would crumble. On paper he's going to be one of WWE's greats; two Royal Rumble wins, a couple of WrestleMania main events, several World Title reigns, an excellent win/loss record and a role in one of the best factions in wrestling. That also describes Batista.

Much like his Evolution counterpart Randy Orton, Dave is horrendously underrated. He wasn't a great technical athlete, nor was he the most likable, but Batista has left an indelible mark on the history of modern wrestling. His turn against Triple H is phenomenal. His turn on Rey Mysterio might be even better. He was nearly unbeatable in his ultra-dominant babyface prime, pinning everyone he came into conflict with. As a villain he was peerless, being the ultimate douchebag villain who would crush your heroes and make you watch.

Batista's career is all but complete, moving onto bigger things and he is one of the true modern greats. Roman's journey has just begun. Come back and see me in a few years and opinions may have changed, but Batista advances here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:41 AM

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
They both went into a WrestleMania main event against Triple H for the World Title. They were both faces. One got cheered and the other got booed out of the building resulting in the crowd mics magically being turned down. I'll go with the guy who actually did his job correctly and got the crowd to cheer him.
That's not a fair thing to say considering when Batista went up against him HHH had been hogging the limelight for near on 4 years and people wanted change.

When Reigns went up against him he was this wrestling legend who birthed every bodies favourite baby NXT. HHH hardly, if ever, gets a heel pop these days.

There are a hell of a lot of similarities with these guys. They were both the muscle in arguably the 2 biggest factions this century, they dominated The Rumble early on in their careers, they've both had the story of winning the big one at 'Mania. They both got turned heel by the people's love of Daniel Bryan.

Dave came out on top in their first 'real encounter' Rumble 14 but then what happened?

Batista had to team up with his old crew to try take down The Shield and they sent him packing with his tails between his legs. Roman has Batistas number now and he will continue to do so.

Roman wins by reversing Batistas spear in his own Superman Punch/Spear combo.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Batista won his first world title when he was damn well ready to win it, and he carried himself like a true champion.

Roman Reigns won his first world title as a failed experiment that WWE creative is still trying to fix.

Roman has comparable accomplishments, but he's not in Batista's league in terms of having the faith and admiration of the wrestling fans.

Vote Batista.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 AM

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
Batista won his first world title when he was damn well ready to win it, and he carried himself like a true champion.

Roman Reigns won his first world title as a failed experiment that WWE creative is still trying to fix.

Roman has comparable accomplishments, but he's not in Batista's league in terms of having the faith and admiration of the wrestling fans.

Vote Batista.
Roman Reigns first world title win was used to get the briefcase off of Seamus before 'Mania season came around. Seamus return was the failed expirment there.