WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > The WrestleZone Tournament Archives > WrestleZone Tournament XI > Austin Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Match?
Jushin Thunder Liger 15 50.00%
Jeff Hardy 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Toast, Golf Balls and a Rubber Duck
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Austin Region, Minn. Subregion, First Round: (13) Jushin Liger vs. (20) Jeff Hardy

This is a first round match in the Austin Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

#13. Jushin Thunder Liger

Vs.

#20. Jeff Hardy

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Accidental spam artist

Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...

This is another match I would pay to see. Not as much as I would pay to see Jericho/Blanchard but close.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:38 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
WWF Hardcore Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Both in their prime would make for a high flying classic for sure. I'll go ahead and give the edge to Jeff Hardy with a swanton bomb from the top rope, outside on the announcers table for the count out victory.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:11 AM
Luke Harper....I Am Your Father!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

This one may be too close for me to call. Jeff Hardy's been a star everywhere he's gone but, truth be told, so has Liger. When it's all said & done, Jeff Hardy will probably be best remembered for teaming with his brother Matt while Liger may well be the one and true King of the Cruiserweights with Ultimo Dragon as his only real rival to that particular title.

Liger will almost certainly have someone playing the "he's a god in Japan" card as part of their argument, which isn't to say that it's not true, but Japan isn't the end all be all of pro wrestling. Still, I'm leaning more towards Liger at the moment but I could be swayed to go either way.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 03-17-2017, 08:45 AM
WWE European Champion

ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...

Jushin Liger is a sureshot legend. Jeff Hardy? Nopes.

I like them both in the ring. Both have got the skills in the ring. Jeff Hardy has been the better Hardy for me until Broken Matt Hardy happened and he took a backseat.

I would love to see this match and I think that Jushin Liger wins in a competitive match-up.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:35 PM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a Television Champion...

This could be car crash good or technically sound. The potential is there for either. When all is said and done these two men will have very different legacies, but ones worth remembering no doubt. Jushin Thunder Liger though just has that edge for me. He's been doing this longer, at a better level and delivering the goods even now when he's in his 50's. He's wrestled everywhere from Korakuen Hall to the Barclay's Centre to Blackpool Pier and every time he's given 100% and put on something memorable. He's a pioneer and important to the history of modern wrestling. Plus y'know he's good. Like really, really good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:14 PM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

What a match this would be! Definitely one of the top matches in round 1, and probably the whole tournament.

As awesome as Liger is, for what The Hardyz meant to me growing up when I first became a huge wrestling fan, and the fact he was in many of my favourite matches, I have to vote Jeff Hardy- a man who is a multi time world champion.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Both of these men made careers diving off high shit, but I think Liger did it a little better. He certainly has the longevity factor. Liger was created to be a moneymaking act that was aimed at children to help ween them onto the New Japan product. Jeff Hardy? Basically the same. Many kids like the Hardy Boyz, and Jeff later became very marketable with children. The difference is that WWE pushed Jeff as a major heavyweight star. They made him world champion, gave him several high profile wins over top stars like Trips and Punk, and seemingly the keys to the company. Before leaving the WWE his world title reigns were lousy. His feud with Edge sucked, and the Punk one I didn't personally enjoy. Probably because it only lasted like a month. I cannot comment on his TNA world title runs, aside from the joke of a match he had with Sting, but if I had to actually do the research I doubt Hardy would have brought in the money there that Liger would have to New Japan.

I do not see Liger surviving the next round, but I'll vote for him here.

EDIT: I voted for Jeff on accident. Oh well.

Last edited by Bernkastel : 03-17-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:55 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I think I read that Jeff idolised Liger as a kid which is cool. Their similar styles would work well together and no doubt it would be an awesome match but I'm leaning towards Jeff.

Jeff managed to win the top belts in two major promotions (make TNA isn't a major promotion joke here)

Jeff also has that uncanny ability of overcoming the odds and winning

Yeah Liger is awesome and is well renowned but he never won the top title outside of NJPW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:18 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

I can't necessarily say I like one more than the other. Both were exceptionally talented in the ring with Hardy being the bigger star in the states obviously. I think I will go with Liger simply because he never got himself so fucked up he couldn't wrestle in an advertised PPV match.