WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I'm not a fan of his but "Not drawing a dime" is a stupid argument to have. There are plenty of guys who are looked at as good professional wrestlers who "didn't draw a dime". Not everyone has the same role in a professional wrestling organization. Jarrett's role, for the most part, was not to draw you in, it was to draw the other guy in. How good he was at that is an argument worth having.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:44 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

In the WWE he was a mid carder at best. He was the kind of person who's personality just grates on you after a while. He pretty much did what was expected of him but there were a lot of bigger fish that were the draw.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:55 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I guess I'm in the minority with this but I think Jarrett is one of the best of all time, Ive been a fan since way back in his USWA days, Admitedly his best work of his career was not in the WWE but to be fair he didn't have the best booking whilst there, I have never seen him have a bad match anywhere, One of the most underatted matches I have ever seen was Jeff Jarrett vs Shawn Michaels at one of the In Your House PPVs, I do think he should have been given a higher push in the WWE as he has proven he is capable and dependable of being put in any position on the show, My favourite series of any matches was Jeff Jarrett against Kurt Angle in TNA.
I don't believe many people back in the 90s paid for a WWE ticket soley on the basis of seeing Jeff Jarrett if thats your question but as for drawing money theres no question he did as he was always a strong part of those shows, back in that period there was maybe less than a half dozen guys who were over to that level but If he was given the same chances in the WWE that he was given in WCW or TNA things in my opinion would be different.