WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-05-2017, 06:00 PM

LoveReignsO'erMe is looking to come up from OCW...

I understand Nash has the nWo storyline, but as previously noted, Hogan really made that what it was.

In regards to Savage, you have the Steamboat IC match, the story arch with Elizabeth, the Mega Powers, the Macho "King", and his fantastic promos, not to mention he had some great moments in WCW as well. He was a great face and he was a great heel.

I consider Nash more of a blip on the radar. Yes, it was a big blip, but a blip nonetheless.

Savage is a wrestling icon, and probably is one of my top 10 best wrestlers.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:26 PM

Goththing is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveReignsO'erMe View Post
I understand Nash has the nWo storyline, but as previously noted, Hogan really made that what it was.

In regards to Savage, you have the Steamboat IC match, the story arch with Elizabeth, the Mega Powers, the Macho "King", and his fantastic promos, not to mention he had some great moments in WCW as well. He was a great face and he was a great heel.

I consider Nash more of a blip on the radar. Yes, it was a big blip, but a blip nonetheless.

Savage is a wrestling icon, and probably is one of my top 10 best wrestlers.
And don't forget when Jake the Snake had a snake biting Randy who was stuck in the ropes!! Unforgettable!! Nash had a good carreer, but will always be far behing the carreer of the Macho Man, Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhhh!!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:54 PM
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goththing View Post
And don't forget when Jake the Snake had a snake biting Randy who was stuck in the ropes!! Unforgettable!! Nash had a good carreer, but will always be far behing the carreer of the Macho Man, Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhhh!!
In terms of memorable moments, promos, matches, feuds, and impact....it's really not even close.

LOL at these guys trying to argue for Nash because of the NWO....a group that Savage was in too! Replace Nash in the NWO with....take your pick.....Sid, Vader, HBK, Taker, Hart, etc. and it still works just the same.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilapierre View Post
Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound? Just because there are people out there who'll disagree with you doesn't make them 'smarks'. People will disagree with you because you're not being objective. Plain and simple. Anybody who followed the NWO realizes it was Scott Hall who made the Outsiders tick. When Hall was out of action, Nash was always stale. Nash was always along for the ride. He couldn't carry a company, not even close. He was just a big tall Roman Reigns of his time. He had absolutely nothing on Randy Savage - the greatest wrestling entertainer of all time besides maybe Shawn Michaels. And Savage's year in the New World Order was far more memorable than anything Kevin Nash did in his career..What was Nash's most memorable career moment? Beating Bob Backlund in a squash match? Booking himself to beat Goldberg's streak in a controversial ending? The fingerpoke of doom moment which led to the downfall of WCW? Seriously. What defines Nash? Nothing. Just his affiliation with people who were charismatic. Savage's charisma and character and wrestling ability were off the charts.

And one last thing. Have you ever watched Kevin Nash wrestle live? He was a god awful terrible wrestler and just as poor an in ring entertainer. I watched him fight Triple H 15 years ago and it was hands down the worst wrestling match I'd ever seen. And I was a big Nash fan at the time. It was a huge yawn fest..The only thing that would have been worse is watching Scott Steiner try to wrestle. That guy is probably the worst wrestler in wrestling history. Couldn't perform his way out of a paper bag..
@ilapierre : You don't like guys like Scott Steiner? You haven't watched his early wrestling work in the late 1980s/early 1990s when he was considered at one point in time to be a great wrestler.

What is it that you don't like about Scott Steiner besides his declining wrestling ability? Sorry ilapierre, wrestling great matches can only get you so far, but character is what sells tickets. Scott Steiner was more over when he was Big Poppa Pump as a heel. Back then, smarks hated technical wrestling matches in the late 1990s, so they wanted to be entertained like everyone else who was a casual fan. This was also back when casuals and smarks weren't at each other's throats very much like today, but not back then. Besides, Internet was a rarity to have. Now, not so much.

Tell me why you think Scott Steiner is someone you had the most misfortune of watching wrestling for.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:34 AM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

I wanna say Randy but Nash helped make the nWo so id have to lean in his direction for that aspect alone. Macho was always in Hulks shadow as far as mainstream attention goes anyways.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:22 AM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

The key word is "history" here. Savage was an all around better performer than Nash was. Consider this, how many gimmicks did Nash endure before he became popular in his first WWF run? Oz, Vinny Vegas or whatever he was called all failed, whereas Macho Man demanded your attention from the beginning of his run in '85. When I think of the impact that Nash had, I think of him being a part of the Kliq, then the birth of NWO, and it really wouldn't have really hit it's fever pitch had it not been for Hogan. Then, I also look at how he was involved in plots like the Fingerpoke of Doom and the failed attempt to revive the NWO in WWE.

From a truly historical standpoint, Savage had a way bigger impact than Nash.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:25 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
In terms of memorable moments, promos, matches, feuds, and impact....it's really not even close.

LOL at these guys trying to argue for Nash because of the NWO....a group that Savage was in too! Replace Nash in the NWO with....take your pick.....Sid, Vader, HBK, Taker, Hart, etc. and it still works just the same.
Man, you take it real personal when people disagree with you...

Fact is, Randy had the better career by far. He was the better pro-wrestler and one of the greatest of all time. But compared to the NWO (the REAL NWO), his impact on wrestling history is minimal. By real NWO, I obviously mean Nash, Hall, and Hogan. Sure Savage was part of the expanded NWO, but nobody thinks of Macho Man when they think of the New World Order, they think of Hall, Nash, and Hogan, the three guys who pretty much started the Attitude Era.

Without Randy Savage, you still have Hulk Hogan and wrestling probably doesn't change much, as I mentioned. Sure Savage had great moments, feuds, blah blah blah, but that's not the question. From an objective standpoint, those promos, moments, etc. did not impact the business in any huge way. Yes WWE looks back at them and they're memorialized in video packages or whatever, but like I already said, without them, wrestling probably doesn't change very much. The NWO (in which Nash played an integral part) revolutionized wrestling. Hence the term impact. Your other point about anybody could replace Nash is just dumb and shows your markism. Yeah I said markism.

I don't like that Eternal Champion guy by any stretch, but he's right when he says people can't get over their bias of Nash to look at the true picture. Like I said, I am not a fan of Kevin Nash at all, but I can at least recognize that he, along with Hall and Hogan, changed the course of pro-wrestling history.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:32 AM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

the question was IMPACT, who had the most impact. Savage unquestionably had the greater career and was undoubtedly the better wrester but Nash being the cornerstone of the nWo was more impactful on the industry as a whole than anything Savage ever did.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:58 AM
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless1 View Post
I wanna say Randy but Nash helped make the nWo so id have to lean in his direction for that aspect alone. Macho was always in Hulks shadow as far as mainstream attention goes anyways.
1. Nash was not the leader of the faction. He was "in Hogan's shadow" in wrestling programming and had no mainstream attention.

2. Savage was in those Slim Jim commercials that ran constantly for like a decade. He had his own amount of mainstream attention too.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:00 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
Man, you take it real personal when people disagree with you...

Fact is, Randy had the better career by far. He was the better pro-wrestler and one of the greatest of all time. But compared to the NWO (the REAL NWO), his impact on wrestling history is minimal. By real NWO, I obviously mean Nash, Hall, and Hogan. Sure Savage was part of the expanded NWO, but nobody thinks of Macho Man when they think of the New World Order, they think of Hall, Nash, and Hogan, the three guys who pretty much started the Attitude Era.

Without Randy Savage, you still have Hulk Hogan and wrestling probably doesn't change much, as I mentioned. Sure Savage had great moments, feuds, blah blah blah, but that's not the question. From an objective standpoint, those promos, moments, etc. did not impact the business in any huge way. Yes WWE looks back at them and they're memorialized in video packages or whatever, but like I already said, without them, wrestling probably doesn't change very much. The NWO (in which Nash played an integral part) revolutionized wrestling. Hence the term impact. Your other point about anybody could replace Nash is just dumb and shows your markism. Yeah I said markism.

I don't like that Eternal Champion guy by any stretch, but he's right when he says people can't get over their bias of Nash to look at the true picture. Like I said, I am not a fan of Kevin Nash at all, but I can at least recognize that he, along with Hall and Hogan, changed the course of pro-wrestling history.
Personal? I literally did not say one thing that was "personal" or that indicated that I was taking anything "personal". What are you talking about? Maybe you should get out your own feelings, if that's how you're seeing things.