WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-28-2017, 07:27 PM
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Instances of face Hulk Hogan being a jerk?

This is entirely kayfabe. Focusing mainly on his 80s and early 90s WWF run.

1. Survivor series 1987...Hulk got counted out. Andre the Giant ended up being the sole survivor after eliminating Bam Bam Bigelow. Hogan comes running out and attacks Andre with the belt and then does his usual pose routine.

2. SNME Event cage match against King Kong Bundy. Hogan beats him, but that's not enough. He runs after Bobby Heenan, drags him into the ring and beats the hell out of him.

3. 1992 Royal Rumble. Sid Justice eliminates Hulk Fair and square. Hulk acts like a sore loser and tries to pull Sid out, allowing Flair to eliminate Sid and win the title. And they make Sid go heel off that? LOL.

4. Getting way too involved with Elizabeth, his friend's girlfriend. Cmon, you don't act like that with your friend's girl! Savage was rightfully pissed.

5. Running out and pretending to be concerned about Bret Hart after he got salt thrown in his eyes and lost the title at WM 9. Cmon, him and Bret had never once been on screen buddies in their careers. Hulk ran out there feigning concern, but he really just wanted in on that title action. Self-serving glory bound. LOL.

List more!
Old 01-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

That time in WCW, fairly early on during his run, when Macho Man won WW3 despite Hogan not being properly eliminated. Obviously he should have been upset but he whined for way too long and shit all over Macho winning the belt. Cena wouldn't have done that.

Or when he kicked out right after 3 when Warrior pinned him. Not really kayfabe though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:16 AM

jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...

Using a helmet to headbutt Bad News Brown and other heels during house shows.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:28 AM

CrunKSinatrA is looking to come up from OCW...CrunKSinatrA is looking to come up from OCW...

Normally, babyfaces fight w/ honor and heels cheat.

But face Hulk Hogan would do a lot of eye gouges, back rakes, and chokes.

I can't even imagine John Cena doing a back rake.

Although it also wouldn't surprise me if there's a video out there of John Cena back raking someone.

Does getting a bigger trophy than Andre for a shorter winning streak count?

I guess since Hulk didn't choose to award himself a trophy and over shadow Andre, it might not count against his character.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:27 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Emptying the urn and using the contents to blind Taker to win the title...

Sulking on the cart out after Warrior beat him/trying to argue the two count when it was clearly 3.

Taking the "bye" in the Mania 4 tournament. He and Andre should have Kayfabe gone into a cage outside the tourney with Hogan saying "this is more than the title" - whole tourney was lopsided because of it.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:39 AM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Hulk was the original badass, he wasnt as clean cut and boy scoutish as people seem to remember; always back raking, eye gouging, giving rabbit punches in a headlock; I recall Jesse Ventura used to call him out on that all he time too.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:46 AM
Intercontinental Champion

The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
Sulking on the cart out after Warrior beat him/trying to argue the two count when it was clearly 3.

Taking the "bye" in the Mania 4 tournament. He and Andre should have Kayfabe gone into a cage outside the tourney with Hogan saying "this is more than the title" - whole tourney was lopsided because of it.
Both of these are a stretch. WM6 was one of the only times Hogan lost graciously. He presenting the belt to Warrior and raised the hand of the new champ. He wasn't sulking on the cart on the way out. He looked disappointed and defeated. That image made the moment even better.

As for WM4, I really don't understand what you're talking about. If you wanted to see Hulk vs. Andre in a cage instead of the tournament that's fine, but Hogan was not a jerk at all from a kayfabe point of view. He was screwed out of the title and wanted and deserved a chance to get it back. As a matter of fact, he had a legitimate gripe that the other twelve guys didn't deserve a shot and he should have gotten a singles rematch. There was nothing wrong with him taking the by due to the circumstances.

So while I disagree with the two just mentioned, there are other examples. The 1992 Royal Rumble was mentioned in the OP, and that is probably the best example there is, but he did pretty much the same thing at the 1989 Rumble. He was eliminated by the Twin Towers fair and square but of course Hulk had to stick around ringside and wait for the opportunity to pull Boss Man out. Hulk is generally a sore loser, especially when it comes to battle royals. He also threw a fit when Andre eliminated him from one on SNME shortly before WM3.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:01 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
I can't believe you still feel this way. Can you please explain how the tourney was lopsided? If Hogan defeated Wrestler A in Round 1 and Andre defeated Wrestler B in Round 1, Hogan faces Andre in Round 2--which happened. They simply didn't have to face Wrestler A and B. I don't understand how people don't get this. The DiBiase and OMG byes were not needed because of some lopsided bracket. They were time savers.

If in the NCAA March Madness bracket, the #1 seeds were given byes instead of having to easily beat the 16 seeds, would that make it lopsided? No. The tourney goes on as normal from that point on.

I agree with Hogan at Survivor Series 87, WMIV, WMVI, Royal Rumble 92. The use of the urn was another good call. I'll try to think of some others but this WMIV tourney thing just baffles me. PLEASE explain.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:42 PM
ROH Pure Champion

FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The 92 Rumble is a great example of Vince misreading the audience. He automatically assumed fans would turn on Sid for dumping Hogan out of The Rumble and Hogan would be cheered as the heroic good guy done wrong by his friend as he confronted him.

Problem 1 was the fact The Rumble was designed and promoted as "Every Man For Himself", the appeal of the match is the idea fans get to see friends & allies FIGHT each other to win the match. This is why fans tune in, and the way the Hogan-Sid was scripted and played it by that standard Sid did no wrong, faced with having both Hogan & Flair with their backs turned and prone, he dumped Hogan first, the larger, physically stronger of the two who had been in the ring a fraction as long as the weary, exhausted Flair. Not only did Sid's action not violate the spirit if the match, it made perfect sense!

Problem 2: The confrontation after Hogan is dumped, Hogan never cleared the ringside area (direct violation of match rules) and he is the one who initiates the argument. Hogan's argument itself made no sense as Sid did nothing wrong (which he proclaims to the whole audience). By any normal standard of behavior Hogan is acting as the jerk, his legendary hero status notwithstanding, and slowly the crowd turned on him as he continued to badger Sid post match.

Meanwhile, no one in WWE bothered to criticize Flair for dumping Sid for the win as he was distracted by Hogan, in reality given the scenario playing out, it made
perfect sense. WWE hailed Flair's cunning for taking advantage of the situation at the same time they EXPECTED fans to punish Sid for essentially the same move simply because he executed it against Hogan. That DID NOT make perfect sense.

Many of the other "incidents" mentioned are moments Hogan "got tough" against rulebreakers who consistently did as much if not more to him, I dont count those as "jerk moves" by any stretch and historically other wrestling heroes have done the same to their villainous antagonists.

Last edited by FlairFan2003 : 01-29-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:57 PM

Wrestlemania75 is looking to come up from OCW...

I forget which ppv this was at, I think at the No Holds Barred 89 with the Macho King in a cage match, but I distinctly remember Hogan grabbing Scary (Sensational) Sherri and ramming into the cage hard. Maybe clotheslining her first as well. Anyone?