WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-09-2017, 07:48 PM
#stopthestonerstigma
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate
Default When does having a hobby become having a collection?

I made a spam thread in the writing gallery where this quote was posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminNormanSmiley View Post
I get that and I'm not even trying to get on you like in the past. It's just you are dealing with items that in general people that collect them are quite avid and also are very pretentious, and you are showing off is what you could easily get in a quick single shopping trip on a whim.

I wouldn't buy a few prints and call myself an art collector right off the bat, and that is how some could view this. Good luck on continuing the hobby though, I'm sure it could go well with the antique books.
I actually agree with a lot of what he said. Most people are quite avid about their collections and while all but one of my collections are new I would say I'm just as avid as anyone. They may be small but they're still a collection...to me anyway.

I never thought about it before but since thinking about it I would say there isn't much of a difference at all. In fact collecting stuff is a hobby.

Others may disagree so do you think there's a difference? If so what is the difference? Your thoughts on the topic at large?
Old 01-09-2017, 10:52 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Take a look at the definitions of the words. A hobby is something you do for fun during your spare time. A collection is a group of items somehow related to each other gathered by someone who enjoys having those items with the intention for growth of said group. A hobby becomes a collection once you have such a group. Now there will always be better collections out there and it often turns into bragging rights from one collector to others, when in reality all the time and energy spent arguing could instead be spent admiring the hobby together as friends.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:04 PM
#stopthestonerstigma
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

That's my thought as well which is why I say they are my collections instead of my hobbies. I only have 4 pieces of Batman Memorabilia & 6 graphic Novels but I plan on getting more wherever I can and they will be displayed once I have the means to do so.

Every collection starts somewhere.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:41 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...Navi is a Television Champion...

I'll answer this the best way I can. A hobby becomes a collection when you deem it to be. The best example I can give is the McMichael Art Gallery close to where we live.

Robert McMichael and his wife started out in the 50's collecting artwork by the Canadian artists known as the Group of Seven. These are artists who traveled across Canada painting the Canadian landscape. It started out as a hobby, but became a collection, when they opened the art gallery. Since then the gallery which sits on 10 acres, has become a Canadian national treasure. It is now owned by the Province of Ontario. The paintings by the Group of Seven, all of whom are dead now and actually buried within the gallery grounds, are priceless.

I love going there in the summer it's a peaceful place, and a perfect example of who one couples hobby turned into a collection that the whole country can be proud of.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:58 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

Anytime that the hobby involves collecting something?