WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-01-2016, 10:35 PM
TJ Matics's Avatar
TJ Matics TJ Matics is offline
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 338
TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
You claim to be aware that unrelated past acts have no bearing on this trial but seem to be ready lock this guy away and toss the key in the dumpster based on his poor choice of ink
I simply pointed out that it still speaks to his character. Whether that character is in his past or present should be up to his defense to handle and for a jury to decide if the tattoos are what he represents today or not. I've said nothing about what the actual verdict should be, so "taking the key and tossing it" comes from your own assumptions based off the points that I've made that you seem to have missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
Personal beliefs aside we don't know if the robbery he's on trial for was racially motivated or if the man is a racist anymore (or at all). We don't know why he got them.
Hence,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
The victims can be as white as him
I see a lot of people responding about how important the race of the victims are, which is true to a certain extent, but if anyone here honestly thinks that white supremacists of any shake only victimize people of color you're kidding yourself. And if the argument is that the tattoos are possibly not what what he represents anymore (or ever) then the race of the victims is even more of a moot point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
The fact of life on the inside is you need protection from someone because people are out to get you. For a white male one of the few (and sometimes only) option is The Aryan Brotherhood whether you hold their beliefs or not.
Whether this is true or not, it's what the defense should say to a jury because it's not a hard story to pitch. Except the judge took it upon himself to lighten this load which I say is wrong.
__________________

Last edited by TJ Matics : 08-01-2016 at 10:58 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Frank N Steins_Gate's Avatar
Frank N Steins_Gate Frank N Steins_Gate is offline
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, Oregon
Age: 30
Posts: 1,879
Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
I simply pointed out that it still speaks to his character. Whether that character is in his past or present should be up to his defense to handle and for a jury to decide if the tattoos are what he represents today or not.
If you think anyone can see the words Baby Nazi tattooed on someone's neck and still give them a fair trial you're delusional.

The judge did his job because his character isn't on trial and was smart enough to realize no one would see past the words on his neck and if you say otherwise I'll call you a liar.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-01-2016, 11:47 PM
TJ Matics's Avatar
TJ Matics TJ Matics is offline
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 338
TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
If you think anyone can see the words Baby Nazi tattooed on someone's neck and still give them a fair trial you're delusional.
I guess you were only half delusional at this point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
See guys? See why I'm in the middle on this?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
The judge did his job because his character isn't on trial
Yeah, his character has absolutely nothing to do with him or his actions. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
if you say otherwise I'll call you a liar.
You've went out of your way to assure me your name calling would mean nothing.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-02-2016, 12:18 AM
Frank N Steins_Gate's Avatar
Frank N Steins_Gate Frank N Steins_Gate is offline
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, Oregon
Age: 30
Posts: 1,879
Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
I guess you were only half delusional at this point:
I thought about it since posting this thread and came down on a side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
Yeah, his character has absolutely nothing to do with him or his actions. ...
I never said that because that would be stupid. What I said was they have no bearing on the ROBBERY trial where the only action of his that should be taken into consideration is the act of robbery he allegedly committed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
You've went out of your way to assure me your name calling would mean nothing.
It's nice to know you won't be offended if it comes to that.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-02-2016, 12:35 AM
TJ Matics's Avatar
TJ Matics TJ Matics is offline
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 338
TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
What I said was they have no bearing on the ROBBERY trial
So you've went from not having enough info on the case to you now stating that the tattoos have no bearing...

__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-15-2016, 09:52 PM
LSN80's Avatar
LSN80 LSN80 is offline
Registered User
United States Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,680
LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...
Default

As much as we like to think as human beings that we're impartial and unbiased, we're simply not.

This works for me for several reasons. First, the man isn't going on trial for anything related to his being a white supremacist. He's doing so for allegedly robbing a man at gunpoint. That has nothing to do with the color of his skin, his distaste for those of skin color differing from his, or whatever moral code he may(or may not) subscribe to. The only question the jurors on his case should be asking themselves is "Did this dude do what he's accused of?" What he believes and the manner in which he goes about it is irrelevant. And those tattoos make it impossible for potential jurists to look at him that way. How do I know this? Well, from the posted article:

Quote:
A panel of potential jurors allegedly said they wouldn’t be able to treat Morgan’s case fairly because of the markings.
So potential jurors are admitting they couldn't treat him objectively as a result of his tattoos? The judge in this case did the only reasonable thing he could: He made it so that the tattoos can't even be a factor in his case. So the case will be decided on the merits of it. Not because one of the jurors looked at him and said "I don't like(or I DO like how this man looks, and that's how I'm going to come to my decision."

Second, it eliminates grounds for appeal. Any defense attorney worth their salt would have a field day in appellate court if this man would have been tried and convicted by a jury with these tattoos visible. It's for this reason that those who go on trial wear their street clothes and aren't handcuffed in front of a jury. Those are dehumanizing elements of the legal system and easy grounds for appeal. I read recently about a mistrial being declared in a local homicide case in my area(Pittsburgh)because the Sheriff handcuffed the defendant in front of the jury. In street clothes, juries think "He's just like you or me." In cuffs and prison oranges(or blues or reds etc.) they think "scumbag." So this judge has eliminated the risk of an appeal on these grounds.

Not convinced yet?
Quote:
A panel of potential jurors allegedly said they wouldn’t be able to treat Morgan’s case fairly because of his hair color, prompting a district judge to require his hair color be dyed back to black from red.
Quote:
A panel of potential jurors allegedly said they wouldn’t be able to treat Morgan’s case fairly because of his long hair, prompting a district judge to require him to be shaved bald..
Ok, so I made those two up, but my point stands. If something is that significant that it's making it impossible(by admission here) for a person to receive a fair trial, you change the variable that's making it unfair. It's for that reason that venue changes are done at times in high-profile cases. They can't find anyone who hasn't heard of the case/formed an opinion on it, so they move the trial to some backwater town that doesn't have the internet and find 12 jurors who have no knowledge of the facts surrounding the case.

His tattoos may paint him as hateful and a killer(the teardrop tattoos) but they have nothing to do with the case being made against him. Who is or what he stands for doesn't have a darn thing to do with the fact that he's guaranteed a fair trial, andby their own admission, potential jurors can't provide him that if they remain uncovered.

Thumbs up to this judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
I simply pointed out that it still speaks to his character. Whether that character is in his past or present should be up to his defense to handle and for a jury to decide if the tattoos are what he represents today or not.
Nope, sorry, not even a little bit. The only job the jury has is deciding whether or not dude did it or not. Anything that gets in the way of them doing that objectively has to go. Things such as character cannot even be brought into the discussion at a trial because of the prejudice it creates. Since it's been established that the tattoos speak to this man's character, the judge did the only reasonable thing.
__________________

Last edited by LSN80 : 09-15-2016 at 10:00 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 4,392
Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default

This is so simple. Is everyone in a developed country like the United States and the United Kingdom entitled to a fair trial? If your answer to that question is "yes", then this is a no-brainer. The guys knows, as well as the judge and the jury, that his tattoos are going to ensure that the jury loses their impartiality and that is going to result in a less than fair trial. Just because you don't like what someone else likes, as heinous as it is, doesn't mean that their rights should be eradicated. The judge did the right thing.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-16-2016, 03:43 PM
TJ Matics's Avatar
TJ Matics TJ Matics is offline
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 338
TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
So potential jurors are admitting they couldn't treat him objectively as a result of his tattoos?
Yes, some potential jurors said some alleged things. In other news: this doesn't reflect how every other person in America who could be called on for jury duty feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
The only job the jury has is deciding whether or not dude did it or not.
Which is directly related to who he is as a person, some might call it his character. But wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Things such as character cannot even be brought into the discussion at a trial because of the prejudice it creates.
Character and a criminal trials go hand in hand, it’s all but sensationalized at this point. It’s up to a judge to ensure fair trials, but that’s not throwing sheets over defendants. Jury selection can very well be a long and tedious process, but it’s a process that needs to be completed nonetheless. Find the jurors you feel best to do the job, the rest is up to the lawyers. If you’re worried about prejudice and partiality beyond that, keep worrying, you’ll never be able to fully escape it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
The judge did the only reasonable thing.
He made such a reasonable choice that the man’s face and tattoos (pre and post face beat) have garnered so much attention that it’s all over the internet. Don’t worry though, some potential jurors allegedly said they wouldn’t look.
__________________

Last edited by TJ Matics : 09-16-2016 at 04:02 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices