WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-29-2016, 12:51 PM
#stopthestonerstigma
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate
Default Judge Allows White Supremacist To Cover His Nazi Tattoos So Jurors Can Treat Him Fair

I would read this first if I were you, it would probably help

This article popped up in my newsfeed over on Facebook and I got to wondering what everyone here thought about it.

I personally don't know what to think. i believe a jury should should see the person as they really are but on the other hand this quote
Quote:
A panel of potential jurors allegedly said they wouldn’t be able to treat Morgan’s case fairly because of the markings, prompting a district judge to require them to be covered.
stuck with me.

A jury's job is is to weigh the facts in any given case not a person's past (keyword there) acts or affiliations but if he's a racist skinhead people should know. On the other hand he may hold to those ideas anymore but just not have the money to get them removed (which is rather expensive) in which case people shouldn't judge.

See guys? See why I'm in the middle on this?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I wouldn't let myself get put into a moral trap over this guy.

I think that since he's probably going to have the book thrown at him when he's being tried for that murder charge, the court wants to do as much as they can to avoid appearing as though they didn't do everything in their power to ensure a fair trial.

He obviously won't be the last, but hopefully a few easily influenced young people will see his example and think twice about getting hateful tattoos on their faces.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:59 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

All things considered, it's probably the right decision to make because it's going to be difficult enough to get an unbiased jury. This guy would probably not be able to get any sort of semi-decent job with the tattoos on his face no matter what they were; a person could have a tattoo of the names of their deceased children on his/her face and am employer almost certainly wouldn't hire them. A jury is supposed to be made up of regular, run of the mill people and regular, run of the mill people are going to be inflamed when they're being asked to weigh the innocence or guilt of a defendant with Nazi tattoos on his face.

The courts are backed up enough, so any sort of delay in possibly having to replace jury members or convene an entirely new jury only puts things even further behind. What a person did or didn't do, as based on the evidence presented, is what's supposed to determine innocence or guilt, not personal beliefs or tattoos in unfortunate, and idiotic, places.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-30-2016, 11:17 AM
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...

People's past get brought up in court daily to establish a history, for juries and judges. But this guy's present tats get covered, by a judge ordered cosmetologist?

I guess you don't necessarily have to go to Stanford to get the Brock Turner care package.

Last edited by TJ Matics : 07-30-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

What is the trial for? The article has been removed.

If his crime involved any kind of racial abuse, threat or cause for him to kill someone, then no, they shouldn't be covered up.

If he's trial is for something else, then he should be questioned for that only and not his past or other personal things.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:23 PM
#stopthestonerstigma
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgreece View Post
What is the trial for? The article has been removed.
Well shit

The one where the tattoos are being covered up is a robbery trial. Later he will be on trial for capital murder where a different judge will have to make that call. not sure if either was racially motivated though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
People's past get brought up in court daily to establish a history, for juries and judges. But this guy's present tats get covered, by a judge ordered cosmetologist? .
There's also a little thing that says if they don't have any bearing on the trial at hand they can't be used against a person. We don't know why he got these highly offensive tattoos or if the robbery is based on the victim's race. Normally I would be agreeing with you but we don't have enough info in this case.

Last edited by Frank N Steins_Gate : 07-30-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:52 AM
of the Le'beau family
WWE Women's Champion

Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think it depends on whether or not his tattoos could actually be linked to the crime. If non-white victims were a factor in either case then it's probably not right to cover them.

But if I'm honest, fair or not, how you look is how you look. Those tattoos are part of him, by choice. And if black people have to deal with juror bias over their skin color, a white supremacist can deal with juror bias over his own life choice.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:48 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I don't think there is enough information to judge this either. We don't know the details of the crimes, so if the tattoo's would be a factor in determining innocence or guilt.

But I have to say this. If you are going to embark on a career robbing people at gunpoint and getting arrested for murder, you have pretty much pegged yourself as a career criminal.

He's obviously not a bright individual as not only did he make a bad career choice, he coupled that by getting probably the worst tattoo's in a place that you can't hide them.

Putting makeup on him is just putting a mask over the person that he really is and I'm not sure that a jury shouldn't see that.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:53 PM
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
There's also a little thing that says if they don't have any bearing on the trial at hand they can't be used against a person. We don't know why he got these highly offensive tattoos or if the robbery is based on the victim's race. Normally I would be agreeing with you but we don't have enough info in this case.
Yes I’m aware of that, but if someone’s past can be brought up for relevancy someone’s clear and present personal beliefs shouldn’t have a sheet thrown over them by the judge because it is relevant to his character, which is fair game. The victims can be as white as him, the tattoos that are on his face and neck still speaks to a state of mind that he walks around in. What tale he wants to spin about how he got the tattoos, what they mean and don’t mean, and what lengths he’ll go through to cover them up should be between him and his lawyer. I get that the judge has a job to keep the trials as fair as possible, but if I'm the victim or family/friend of the victim(s) it'd seem to me that the judge is more so acting as if he's part of the defense team.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:02 PM
#stopthestonerstigma
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
Yes I’m aware of that, but if someone’s past can be brought up for relevancy someone’s clear and present personal beliefs shouldn’t have a sheet thrown over them by the judge because it is relevant to his character, which is fair game. The victims can be as white as him, the tattoos that are on his face and neck still speaks to a state of mind that he walks around in. What tale he wants to spin about how he got the tattoos, what they mean and don’t mean, and what lengths he’ll go through to cover them up should be between him and his lawyer. I get that the judge has a job to keep the trials as fair as possible, but if I'm the victim or family/friend of the victim(s) it'd seem to me that the judge is more so acting as if he's part of the defense team.
Dude your bias is showing. I get that these tattoos offend you, they offend me too. You claim to be aware that unrelated past acts have no bearing on this trial but seem to be ready lock this guy away and toss the key in the dumpster based on his poor choice of ink

Personal beliefs aside we don't know if the robbery he's on trial for was racially motivated or if the man is a racist anymore (or at all). We don't know why he got them. The fact of life on the inside is you need protection from someone because people are out to get you. For a white male one of the few (and sometimes only) option is The Aryan Brotherhood whether you hold their beliefs or not.