WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-08-2016, 10:25 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

You aren't wrong in that assessment, though. It's been a growing trope and talking point for years that’s taken on a lot of new life after Sister Joan Chittister, a Catholic nun, went viral in July of 2015 after saying:

“I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is.”

And it’s an important distinction to make. It’s especially important to voters, particularly women, who care about women’s rights with regard to abortion, because over the last decade or more, the GOP has effectively gone on full assault against the idea of legal abortion and a woman’s right to choose, justifying all along the way the idea of the sanctity of life. All the while, talking out of the other side of their mouth about the kind of social parasites they despise, like those on welfare and food stamps.

So which is it? Do you actually care about life, or do you only care about birth? Because the way you’ve positioned your arguments as a political party, you may think you care about both, but you don’t, and the public perception is that you don’t. You only care about being pro-birth — refusing the rights of women to make that choice for themselves. Once the child is born, however, you dust your hands off and get right back to your pulpit, primed and ready to condemn that child and his/her parent(s) 18 years later when they are living on food stamps or public assistance despite the fact they should never have had the child to begin with for economic reasons. Yet somehow you are also the party of fiscal responsibility? Make up your fucking minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Doubt it, bud.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...

It's a damn shame John Kasich isn't getting more support. It's my belief that he would absolutely make for a good President. Also, I have a much stronger dislike for Ted Cruz than Trump. Neither Hillary or Bernie do much for me either. Completely on the fence over here.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:34 PM
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

I like Bernie, but I've said this might be the worst crop of Presidential candidates, as a collective group in a long time. Probably going back two or three Presidential terms. Maybe to back to Kerry/Bush?

In terms of Republican candidates, it's far and away the worst in modern history. Kasich aside. Nearly every "serious" candidate to this point has been a clown in the circus. Carson, Fiorina, Trump, Cruz, etc. It feels like we're watching really bad reality TV. Not an actual Presidential bid.

Quote:
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Many really good points in this thread regarding the obvious shortcomings in the Republican party. These are the type of things I and others have been saying for a long time. The Republican party isn't about a different point of view, it's about a semi-radical point of view.

I'm also going to agree with others about Kasich. I know 100% that many of the things he supports I would not, yet in a general election setting I would say he is probably in the lead for my vote at this time. Sometimes it's not about what you personally believe, it's about your ability to recognize reality and work with others which is more important and Kasich is virtually the only candidate in this cycle to acknowledge that.

In the Republican primary, my order of preference is Kasich, Trump, Rubio, Cruz. On the Democratic side, I don't really have a strong preference either way. Everyone knows Hillary is a prototypical politician whose views tend to align with whatever she thinks will win. Sanders says things I like, but aren't realistic. So many of the things on which Sanders campaigns are no more likely to come to pass as they have in 7 years under Obama.

In the end, it'll likely end up Clinton and Trump. And that'll be a shame.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:39 PM
WWE Champion

It's certainly aligning that way, which is a real shame if you value liberal thinking because the anti-PC element in that situation is Donald fucking Trump. What a swerve that'd be.

I still wouldn't completely rule out Bernie Sanders just yet, though. I think for the GOP, it's almost assuredly Trump (followed by a fracture in-house and a split down the middle of the party). For the Dems, it's still too up-in-the-air to call it. I'd say it's like 51/49 Clinton at the moment. That's not enough of a degree for me to put pen to paper.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Doubt it, bud.

smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
In terms of Republican candidates, it's far and away the worst in modern history. Kasich aside. Nearly every "serious" candidate to this point has been a clown in the circus. Carson, Fiorina, Trump, Cruz, etc. It feels like we're watching really bad reality TV. Not an actual Presidential bid.
On top of that, the antics of the candidates trickle down to their staffers, endorsers, and support in general. I can't watch CNN without seeing some smarmy twat throwing irrational jabs at the opposition. And goddamn...Facebook and Twitter...I mean I can barely stand social media these days, makes me thankful for the "Damnnn Daniels" of the world causing people to forget about their loudmouth opinions for a few minutes. This election season can't end soon enough.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizzy View Post
On top of that, the antics of the candidates trickle down to their staffers, endorsers, and support in general. I can't watch CNN without seeing some smarmy twat throwing irrational jabs at the opposition.
Yup. At least Trump's mouthpieces, besides Jeffrey Lord, tend to be somewhat attractive.

Quote:
And goddamn...Facebook and Twitter...I mean I can barely stand social media these days, makes me thankful for the "Damnnn Daniels" of the world causing people to forget about their loudmouth opinions for a few minutes. This election season can't end soon enough.
I have a Facebook and Twitter account...I use neither anymore.

By the way, I'm sure I've asked...but where in SE MO are you from? I'm not old, but I do forget things. Were you an Indian?
Old 03-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Doubt it, bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
By the way, I'm sure I've asked...but where in SE MO are you from? I'm not old, but I do forget things. Were you an Indian?
Went to Jackson K-12, graduated in '13 and have been in SEMO since. Starting the nursing school in June.

Were you a Tiger, Ram, or Bulldog by chance?

Last edited by smizzy : 03-08-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizzy View Post
It's a damn shame John Kasich isn't getting more support. It's my belief that he would absolutely make for a good President. Also, I have a much stronger dislike for Ted Cruz than Trump. Neither Hillary or Bernie do much for me either. Completely on the fence over here.
Arnold Schwarzenegger recently came out in support of John Kasich using Snapchat (behold the wonders of the Information Age).

This had me thinking that if the Republican Party is forced into a brokered convention, it'll really come down to who has the most charismatic supporters. Cruz is vilified by his own party, Trump turned the latest debate into a drunken Twitter flame war that even had Reince Priebus telling him to knock it off and Rubio is definitely not winning this beauty contest.

I think that if they had to go with a brokered convention, John Kasich would emerge as the best possible candidate to put up against Bernie or Hillary. He's embarrassed himself the least and he would probably be a very fair minded Chief Executive. My only issue with John Kasich is that he defunded Planned Parenthood in Ohio, apart from that he's the most refreshing candidate.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:23 PM
WWE Champion

Ultimately, to make this GOP-centric, the party itself has to conform to reality. By hook or by crook... or just by reason. The U.S. population may still lean center right as a majority, but the rise of the None's is not dissimilar to the GOP's insistence on being the Jesus party and purporting to speak for God.

Religion has no place in politics, even if it has a temporary foothold at the moment, and when the religious convictions of nearly every candidate are as fucking wacky as they are with the GOP, is it any wonder they're losing ground with young voters left-and-right, hand-over-fist? Stop being the part of anti-science. Stop championing religious ignorance. Stop shaming women for having the right to decide what to do with their own bodies. Stop pretending you know what's best for their vaginas when the majority of your party don't even have vaginas. Stop with all this pandering to the dumbest, most backward-thinking, anti-intellectual Americans in the country.

If the GOP has any serious ambitions at grabbing a seat not at the kids table in the future, then they need to live in it. Stop pretending this is 1981-1989. That starts with letting go of Reagan's sad, old, shriveled sack. It starts with not trying to be the American Taliban. It starts with sticking to your guns on being fiscally conservative, but not at the expense of being socially and scientifically Afghanistan.

Quote: