WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-06-2016, 04:14 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default I hate being a Republican

As I sit watching the American political process devolve into being forced to choose between a reality TV star and a disgraced for cabinet member, I canít help but think that the event of 9/11 fundamentally changed for America and made it worse. 9/11 made Americans more fearful. The fear led to anger, the anger vitriol, vitriol to division. Simply put, this cannot be how we pick a leader.

Politicians used to run based on how well they could work across the aisle to get things done. Now, it is the EXACT opposite. Our obstructionist model has led to empty seats on federal benches and good public servants being replaced by Tea Party candidates calling themselves Republicans because they worked with the opposition party. There used to be a story about a first term congressman asking where the Republicans caucused because he wanted to meet the enemy. A more experienced congressman told him that the Republicans were the opposition, the Senate was the enemy. Our lawmakers have a responsibility to us to work together to make legislation that is best for all of us. The problem with our lawmakers is that they are focused on two thingsÖone, reelection; two, drumming up enough controversy to bring in huge donation for reelection. The tea party wave that swept through congress swept through by promising to not vote to raise the debt ceiling. They said they would not spend more money than we had. Not one bothered to mention that raising the debt ceiling only approves our paying for money weíve spent. It allows us to pay our existing bills. Not paying them can collapse the world economy. The entire world commodities market is based on the US dollar. If our credit fades, the dollar loses value and prices skyrocket. Poorer nations can no longer buy wheat and corn, canít feed animals, thereby, can no longer feed people. This is how fascism sweeps through nations and groups like ISIS gain power.
Although I identify as a libertarian, I am a registered Republican. The real difference is that I donít have time in my day to hate gays or who they marry. I donít have time in my day to panic over some dude smoking a little weed. I donít have time in my day accuse all Mexicans of being rapists. Other than that, Iím pretty conservative. Before 9/11, in the midst of impeachment hearings, Whitewater, and whatever else the Clintons were up to, the administration and Republican congress were able to pass the Contract with America, give welfare to the states, and run a surplus. The middle class expanded more than any time since post WWII. In the midst of actual scandal, that congress built a powerful economy and did not get opposition from a Democratic President. Fast forwarding to today, the goal of congress is to not confirm a Supreme Court Justice, to repeal Obamacare, and general to stagnate of move backward.

Youíll have to excuse me for a bit of rambling above, but here is my point: The border between conservative and crazy is gone. Politics is no longer about gentleman debating the issues of today and finding solutions that provide hope for the hopeless and relief for the stressed. It is about the fight, not the finish, and that benefits no one. 9/11 made us angry, and that anger divided us. So, excuse me for thinking that every time Marco Rubio talks about spray tans and that Donald Trump talks about his genitals in a public forum, excuse me for thinking that the terrorists won. The election season is a disgrace, these candidates are a disgrace, and the American right is going to be mitigated to outsider status for decades. The Tea Party was the first blow and the triumvirate of Cruz, Rubio, and Trump is going to be the coup de grace. Return civility and issues to the forefront and stop debating semantics and bullshit. I am embarrassed by those claiming to represent my values and interests. Stop saying you speak for me, or for anyone with sense. These candidates are self serving fear mongers, not leaders, not respectable politicians, and not worthy of a single vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

This is several chickens coming home to roost, most left unacknowledged in your opening post, FTS. Without making this about my ideology, which is nobody's bidness, I've spent what feels like the last decade watching the American right champion anti-intellectualism and admonish any critical-thinking opposition as being in the bag for this agenda or that. I've seen them take the sitting president and turn him into "the other" in a thinly-veiled, shockingly-disrespectful, and painfully-divisive manner.

This isn't about the terrorists "winning." This is the American right winning. This is the natural conclusion of their pandering and Islamophobia and echo-chamber. Playing to the cheap seats all these years finally got everyone the monster truck rally they've been yearning for.

You should be thrilled.

Last edited by Coco : 03-06-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:52 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

I have to admit FTS, I had you pegged all wrong. That's a discussion for another day though. In, short, I agree with everything you said. This year's election has devolved into a real life reality show or a real life version of that movie with Chris Rock, Head of State. The only difference between them, though, is a reality show and Head of State are somewhat funny. This election year has been tragic and I honestly fear for America when it's all said and done. The only thing Trump has said he's going to do if elected is build a wall on the Mexican border and force Mexicans to build it. Other than that, he makes shit up on the fly and what's worse is that people are actually buying his bullshit. As angry as I am with our political leaders for this election year, I'm more angry with our fellow citizens. Because those dumb asses wouldn't have the power or place to spew such bullshit if the American public didn't give it to them.

I've always heard old timers talk about how America has gone to hell in a hand basket, but I never understood what they meant. Well, I do now and I'm sorry but if we allow someone like Donald Drumpf Trump to take office, we're not going to hell in a hand basket, we're in hell and the hand basket just caught fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.

Last edited by SSJPhenom : 03-06-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm glad someone finally said it.

I also am a registered Republican who's scratching his head at the choices he's been left with this election season.

A record of proven and effective fiscal Conservatism is very rare trait of a supposedly Conservative group of Presidential candidates. Conservatism as a whole has adopted the main traits of being anti-gay marriage, pro-life and a climate change denier. Notice how not one of those traits directly relates to being fiscally responsible. Truth be told; the tea party took the basic ideas of fiscal Conservatism and pushed them way beyond the limits of rational thinking, I would prefer a fiscal Conservative like John McCain over a fiscal conservative like Rand Paul.

A gay person -- or a woman who wants the right to maintain her privacy -- who believes that taxes and government spending should be as low as possible will probably not vote to alienate their own basic rights. When it comes to social issues, I only see Conservatives putting them in front of fiscal issues because they want to bait those who are religious.

I was against the Affordable Care Act initially because I don't like broad sweeping reform policies, I was against SB 1070 for the same reason. I would have much rather seen our President enact legislation that would effect small parts of the Affordable Care Act each time, though I recognize that the President had a Democratic majority in both houses of Congress and it would likely have never happened if he did things my way. When I actually read the Affordable Care Act, I was impressed with it and realized that over time it would benefit our society. You get a stipend from your insurer if you don't get sick, you can't be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition and in the long run you will pay less for your premiums and co-pays. I haven't head anything substantive from a candidate who wants to repeal the ACA, every one of them wants to fall back on "We'll just expand/fix Medicaid, problem solved". Anyone who feels that expanding Medicaid is a valid way to supplement the lack of insured constituents can not honestly call themselves a fiscal Conservative.

I recall back in 2003 when George Bush, at the bequest of his advisers, pushed the Medicare Modernization Act on Congress for the sake of getting elderly voters to remain loyal. Early projections were that this bill would cost 400 billion dollars over ten years, but due to loopholes allowing pharmaceutical companies to dictate the costs of their medicines and equipment, it ended up costing 534 billion dollars. Yet the ACA is considered to be something that could destroy American, even though it limits the potential for fraud on part of insurance companies.

I voted for John McCain in 2000 and 2008, I really feel like he would have been the person to return the Republican party to a state of sanity. I don't regret that Barack Obama has been our President for the last eight years, and in retrospect I think the right man won the 2008 election. I've been accused of being a RINO for admitting this, because in this day in age if you give an inch to your political opponent you may as well be your political opponent.

The only reason that Donald Trump is where he is right now, is because the field was full of people who were too stubborn to bow out. I like Rubio, but he should have not ran for President this cycle. Rubio should have focused himself on having a much stronger resume for the job by championing his status as a US Senator from Florida for four more years. John Kasich should have read the writing on the wall and realized that this was not his time, he's way too moderate on social issues for this season's voter base. Jeb Bush had a shot, missed and kept on trying, he should have quit while he still had a shred of dignity to hold on to. Ted Cruz, as much as I hate him, is the last lingering thread of a hope that the Republican party has. Right now Ted and Marco are splitting the primary/caucus vote between each other, which is allowing Donald Trump to race to the lead as the only viable anti-establishment candidate. It's almost as if the other candidates can't see this far ahead.

Donald Trump could potentially enact his political promises if elected, and Heaven help us if he does. Donald Trump could possibly repeal the 14th amendment and deport all undocumented immigrants, and while his website makes a solid case for how this would help reduce unemployment, it doesn't take into account that local economies will collapse if their foundation of labor suddenly disappears. I could go on and on, but rest assured that anybody will look like a horrible President trying to fill Barack Obama's shoes.

I'm confident that Hillary will win, I'll probably swallow my pride and vote for her. The most I could see her accomplishing in her first term is enacting legislation to reform our criminal justice system in ways that make it less of a burden on minorities, and enacting legislation to make it easier for women to have abortions. I don't see her having a very eventful first term, which will likely effect her chances of being re-elected in that hopefully by then the GOP has learned from their mistakes.

Last edited by enviousdominous : 03-06-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:40 PM
I LIVE IN A #$@%&^!! GARBAGE CAN!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I've thought similar things regarding the GOP for years. Over the course of the last 15 years or so, the GOP has become more about fear mongering, for all intents and purposes, sending the message that you don't matter if you're not part of the traditional, conservative mold.

When it comes to economic matters, I admit that I sometimes get a bit lost because one side says that it's lousy because of this while the other side says it's good because of that and round & round it goes. Obama hasn't been perfect, he's pretty much seen as the Antichrist in the eastern section of Kentucky, where I was raised, because of his extremely tough policies on coal, not all of which I agree with because it's not like there's a whole helluva lot of jobs in that area except in coal. Not to go on a rant, it's just that the eastern section of Kentucky is literally one of the most economically deprived sections of one of the most economically deprived states in the country; it does seem as though Obama wants coal shut down as much as possible, yet it's where most of our energy comes from and the there's not exactly any viable alternatives as far as gainful employment goes.

But, back on topic, the search for the Republican nominee is a political campaign for the social media era. We live in an age where you no longer have to be talented, intelligent, morally grounded or ambitious to be famous; it's devolving, and has been doing so for quite a while now, to the point where the more you're willing to look like an idiot, have the biggest mouth and go the extra mile to make yourself look as much like a asshole as possible.

I usually don't vote Republican, especially on social issues as I'm just ideologically opposed to many of the positions associated with the right wing movement, and I won't be voting for a Republican for President in November. The GOP has lost so much dignity and legitimacy over the last 8 months or so, it'd be funny if the potential future of the country wasn't in the balance. Donald Trump has a perpetual case of diarrhea of the mouth, just says whatever he wants, makes all these impossibly grandiose statements that his supporters eat up yet has provided no degree of depth as to how he'll put his plans into action if elected.

Most of the other candidates have sunk to the same level, most of them have agreed with the notion that he's a "con artist", yet many of them have also stated that they'll support him if he's the GOP nominee. How in the blue hell do you go from calling someone a con artist in one breath but say that you'll support them if necessary in the next breath? That sort of blind, party loyalist mentality is most certainly not a good thing, in my opinion, and it tells me that too many in the GOP care more about getting a Republican elected than whether or not said candidate would be good for the country. It's more of that "it's okay as long as he's one of us but piss on anybody else" mentality that completely turns me off of the Republican Party.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 03-06-2016, 07:49 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...

I like John Kasich. I think that if a moderate Republican could ever win the primary, he would never lose a national election. The country is center right by nature on fiscal issues and center left on social issues. As much as people fight over social issues, Election Day polling always shows that people vote with their pocketbooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...enviousdominous is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSouth View Post
I like John Kasich. I think that if a moderate Republican could ever win the primary, he would never lose a national election. The country is center right by nature on fiscal issues and center left on social issues. As much as people fight over social issues, Election Day polling always shows that people vote with their pocketbooks.
I have a theory that because a moderate Republican like Mitt Romney didn't win the election in 2012, the effort to pick a candidate for 2016 was geared toward far right Republicans like Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush.

I also think that so many people jumped at the opportunity to seek the nomination because it was assumed that it would be an easy election since typically a voter who was allowed to enjoy eight years of a candidate from their chosen political party doesn't feel as fired up about voting a representative of their party into office. If Trump gets the nomination, that will fire up the left like never before and easily put Hillary into office.

On top of all that; Trump isn't satisfied with just winning elections, he has to absolutely annihilate the character of his fellow Republicans (I refer to Donald Trump as a Republican loosely by the way) while betraying any sense that his values as a Republican go anywhere beyond repealing the ACA and deporting illegal immigrants. I'm pretty sure that someone who voted for Kasich in the primaries/caucuses would be more likely to vote for Hillary over Trump. I doubt anyone who voted for Bernie Sanders would ever entertain the thought of voting for Trump.

Last edited by enviousdominous : 03-06-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Love is not admissable evidence.
WWE Diva's Champion

The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to The Bearded One Send a message via MSN to The Bearded One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSouth View Post
And that's why Kasich will have my vote in the upcoming Florida primary. I feel like he is the most level-headed Republican candidate, even if I don't completely agree with everything he stands for.

As this race has continued, I've grown almost embarrassed to be registered a Republican, and I'm really thinking about changing after the primary.

But I'm interested to see how the GOP will cope if it loses another election. Or even how it will react to Trump getting the nod as its candidate. Of course, there will be the Tea Partiers who remain loyal, but I foresee a lot of more middle-of-the-road republicans possibly going independent.

Also, maybe this is also just my own wishful thinking, would disenfranchised GOP voters possibly turn to Gary Johnson in this year's national election? I feel like he has many of conservative fiscal values, while being socially liberal enough to appeal to both sides. If voters who are sick of the two-party system like I am, and those who have lost faith in the GOP, Johnson could take enough of a chunk to really turn heads. He has no shot at winning, but this could be setting up a pivotal moment where republicans who are fiscally conservative, socially liberal could be leaving the party in droves, and it could really benefit a party like the Libertarians.

Of course, that could all be crazy talk and mindless speculation. But I can't see many non-far right republicans being happy with how this election cycle is going.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:23 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

This is most definitely the Republican party reaping what they have sown in the last two decades but specifically in the last 8 years.

As soon as Obama became president, the Republican party stopped being the Republican party and became the anti-Obama party, relying on bluff, bluster and down right lies. Ruining the chances for a national health service to help the poorest in your society, shutting down the government to try and make Obama look bad but even Cleitus in his backwater knew it was the GOP and generally being obstructionist just for the sheer hell of it.

The good of the country and the GOP's reputation left by the wayside in order to strangle the "Great Satan" in the White House.

Well, guess what? Now your GOP nominee is going to be the King of Bluff, Bluster and Lies, Donald Trump, a man who 20 years ago opening stated that if he were to run for president, he would run as a Republican because Republican voters are stupid enough to believe his lies.

In getting a choice between Donald Trump and and another lunatic in Ted Cruz, you have got exactly what you deserved for being so short-sighted and partisan.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM
I LIVE IN A #$@%&^!! GARBAGE CAN!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As I was in the doctor's office waiting to undergo my work physical, the TV was set on Fox News and I was reminded once again as to how much I dislike the Republican Party. Don't get me wrong, I've no problem with people just because they're Republican nor does that somehow mean that there aren't great people who're Republicans, I just can't get behind a lot of what the GOP stands for.

Fox News has a massive right wing bias, everyone knows it, but I couldn't change the channel so I was watching the morning show Fox and Friends with the hosts discussing the latest town hall meeting between Clinton & Sanders. Sanders said something to the effect that health care should be a right for everyone, it should be a human right. The pundits were sort of poking fun at the comment saying that it wasn't in the Constitution that everyone was entitled to health care nor that being a human being qualifies you. One of them said, in a sort of condescending way, something to the effect of "well, if that's the sort of country that you want, you'll have your chance in November." That really, really pissed me off to see those drones wearing their expensive suits, jewelry, grinning ear to ear and say something like that. I thought the GOP was supposed to be the party that cared about the sanctity of life, but I guess that only applies to fetuses and only until they're born then it's "okay kid, we got you here so it's up to you from here on in because we don't give a shit now that you're here." I know that's a huge over simplification and probably not entirely fair, but it's the base hypocrisy that I constantly hear about from GOP candidates that bugs me.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria