WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-13-2016, 05:18 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom
Default Is Underage Sex As Bad As It Seems?

Before I go into the points that I want to make, let me tell all of you a story.

My sister who is 14 has a best friend who comes over all of the time. His name is DJ. He's also 14 and he's gay. So last night, I over hear the two of them talking and DJ exclaiming how he's ready for a serious relationship; including sex and the whole 9 yards. After hearing this I think to myself; "It's time for me to join in on the conversation and set this boy straight (no pun intended)". So I do. I tell them both all of the societal norms that you always hear. You're too young, you're still kids, you have all the time in the world, live your lives, sex is dangerous, I know you think you want this stuff but, and so on. My sister seems to listen and soak it up, which I love because I'm not ready for her to get to that point. DJ, on the other hand, retorts and begins to tell me his story and how he feels.

As I said, DJ is 14. According to him, he's been having sex with boys since the age of 8 and with men since last year (age 13). He wants a steady relationship and has been going out recently with a 21 year old guy who he met online. Now in my eyes and more importantly the eyes of the law, DJ's partner is a pedophile and DJ is a victim of child abuse and statutory rape. That's not how DJ sees it however. "I want a boyfriend", DJ says. "It's my choice. No one's abusing me. Why should we be treated like criminals?" Again, I tell him all of the societal norms. You don't know what you want or what you're doing, this guy is only after sex with boys, he doesn't love you, blah blah blah. I find myself talking to DJ as if he's a child. In the eyes of the law, he is a child and that should be enough. Is he really just a little kid though? He assures me that he is not just a child. Plus, his sophisticated gay image makes him look older than 14. I mean, he comes across as bright, articulate, sure of himself, and above all else, mature beyond his years. It's hard to imagine anyone getting away with taking advantage of him.

So we continue to talk (honestly this is the best conversation that I've had in years and it's with a 14 year old) and we get to the law breaking part of his relationship. DJ is concerned with the law, which in Nevada states that men over 19 who have consensual sex with guys under 18 are classified as dangerous sex criminals on par with child rapists. After serving their sentence, they would be required to register their address with the police for minimum of five years and could have their identity revealed to the public. Needless to say, this is a huge problem for DJ. Not only because his current partner is 21, but because he prefers older guys as opposed to guys his own age. He said: "I don't like guys my own age. They're too immature. I like men in their 20s to early 30s. They are more experienced and serious. With them, you can get into a closer relationship than you can with a teenager." Now I had him. "If other guys your age are too immature for serious relationships, what's the difference with you", I asked. "If they're too young for that sort of thing, aren't you?" "No", he said almost angrily. "Not all guys my age are immature like that but most are. Some kids mature faster than others." He continued with: "I don't consider guys who's balls have dropped as mature. I'm talking mentally mature. Some guys around my age have jobs and help support their families while still being on the honor roll at school. Yet the law still says they're too young." "The law is stupid", he exclaimed. "If I know what I'm doing and I'm not harming anyone else, I should be allowed to be with whoever I want."

Although I still have plenty of doubts, he has a point. If nobody forced him to do something he didn't want to do. If he wasn't tied down, drugged, or beaten. If he truly wants to be with an older guy and he truly understands the gravity of what he's doing and the consequences; is it wrong? Same goes for women and straight people in similar situations. I used to think that underage relationships were wrong no matter what. Was I wrong? I'm not saying that people go out and find an attractive 15 year old and get them to say yes or anything like that, however, if an underage teenager is truly in love with an older person, they understand everything that is going on, and they are a willing participant in the relationship; is it still wrong?

What do you guys think? Underage relationships are wrong no matter what? Depends on the situation? They're still kid? I'd like to know your opinions on such a taboo subject. I told DJ that I'd be posting this topic on here, so please be respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:02 PM
Marry me Billie Kay!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...

Forget about the moral implications of the situation;

Quote:
Nevada states that men over 19 who have consensual sex with guys under 18 are classified as dangerous sex criminals on par with child rapists. After serving their sentence, they would be required to register their address with the police for minimum of five years and could have their identity revealed to the public.
There is your answer right there. It's dangerous. Just a couple of months ago police arrested a guy in Ohio (I think) who charmed a 14 year old girl and then held her captive and physically abused her.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Is A Sexual Wank Pheasant
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

I can't believe this is a question.

YES

YES IT IS!

I'm not even going to get into the legal ramifications and I'll try to keep the majority of my beliefs out of it.

Underage implies that they are still children. They haven't developed their bodies fully, they aren't emotionally ready for sex and they don't really have a concept of what sex actually entails outside the physical body movements.

There's the teenage pregnancy factor. I like to say babies shouldn't be having babies. I know some adults that shouldn't have had children much less children having children. Then there's the STD factor. It's always an issue and I can't even imagine what these diseases would do to a developing child's body.

No matter which way you look at it it's a horrible idea.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Phenom View Post
He said: "I don't like guys my own age. They're too immature."

"No", he said almost angrily. "Not all guys my age are immature like that but most are. Some kids mature faster than others."
Assuming I take DJ's opinion as fact it makes sense that we make a law that protects children since they are mostly immature.

Quote:
"The law is stupid", he exclaimed.
No DJ, the law makes total sense and you explained why perfectly in the quotes above. Without the law, all those immature children could be victimized without repercussion making it far more likely those children will be victimized.

Does DJ want that? Can DJ wait a few years to help protect others? DJ sounds selfish like an immature child. Maybe DJ should check his ego and realize that he may be doing more damage to himself than he knows.

Quote:
What do you guys think? Underage relationships are wrong no matter what? Depends on the situation? They're still kid? I'd like to know your opinions on such a taboo subject. I told DJ that I'd be posting this topic on here, so please be respectful.
They are not wrong no matter what but it doesn't matter because they are far from necessary. The law makes total sense and what those men are doing with DJ is and should be illegal.

That all being said, please ask DJ what he has done to help free Jared from Subway?
GSB Historical Quote #8675309 - She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing. - My President 2017

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 01-13-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:51 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Before I go into this, I want to know if this 21 year old that DJ is involved with is known by his parents? It'll underline which direction I want to go in with my response.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:28 AM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
Before I go into this, I want to know if this 21 year old that DJ is involved with is known by his parents? It'll underline which direction I want to go in with my response.
Only DJ's mother is in the picture. I've met her once, she's a really nice lady and seems to be a good parent. She knows DJ is gay and that he has a boyfriend. She thinks that the boyfriend is 18, however, as DJ is afraid of what his mother might say or do. She's shakey on the idea of his boyfriend being 18. Idk if she's met him or not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:42 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...

Depends on what we're talking about. Teens with teens, not wise, but not illegal (at least I don't think). What you're talking about here, is an adult having sex with a child. That's illegal, I have no problem with that and think it's best that way. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it were commonplace. I think a teenager has the ability to say no to a person propositioning him/ her, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:28 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Dating older people does not necessarily translate they're more mature. In theory it just means that person is older than you. I just think with the mother not knowing that he's playing with fire, especially if there's some fear of how she may react to the real age. What happened to the days where people would just enjoy their youth? If this person is mature for his age and understands the law, then he wouldn't put his partner in this position and if his partner was thinking level headed they wouldn't put themselves in this position.

As pointed out, statutory rape is a crime. The law in that sense isn't measured by how mature both sides are. As a parent myself I see no gray areas in that. We're talking about an adult and a child that's either a freshman or sophomore - way too big of an age gap. Regardless of maturity DJ is still a child in the eyes of the law.

Dealing with kids in their teenage years is so perplexing. It's like they're going through this inevitable sense of belonging. I don't know his partner or him for that matter but in his eyes it's probably idyllic, probably dreamy, in reality typically is more often a disaster waiting to happen on so many levels. I understand his supported reasons for wanting an older person but why would a 21 year old want someone that young?

Unfortunately in situations like this, chemistry doesn't have rigid age boundaries. But overall it's not an equal relationship. He's older, I assume he's working, has a car - a level of independence that DJ hasn't reached yet. The older partner is naturally going to feel he has more power - especially in life experiences, age and financial stability.

If he was my son(DJ), I'd hear him out and why he wants to be with an older person. But as long as he's underage and living under my roof I don't have to reason with it - being that the partner is older and deemed more 'mature' I'd reason with him, to get him to see it from my perspective. He wouldn't have a choice honestly - but I would go that route first. If he chooses not to abide then I'd get the law involved.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Assuming I take DJ's opinion as fact it makes sense that we make a law that protects children since they are mostly immature.
And the law includes even those minors who are more mature (at least sexually) than many of the 32-year-old men they get involved with. There are 14-year-old girls out there who are anything but innocent, and in fact initiated the whole affair with the older guy......but when her parents find out and report it to the police, the girl is going to act like an innocent little waif, crying that this big bad man 'forced' her to do whatever they did.....and the guy is sunk no matter how much he protests that she initiated it, which she did.

Unfortunately, society doesn't take a realistic look at what a 'minor' is. They regard a 17-year-old as being just as blameless and unsophisticated as a 6-year-old. That's complete garbage, but it's the law.

If a person of age wants to take a stab at an affair with an underage person because he/she doesn't agree with the law, they'd better know what they're up against if caught.

And remember, if you get involved with a child, it's not as if you're in the clear if the girl doesn't say anything about it for a week or two. They might suddenly be struck with the horrible memory 30 years later.....and the law will be only too happy to prosecute. Ask Bill Cosby.

Regardless of your feelings on the subject, if an 'underage situation' comes up, better to follow the law and keep your hands off. In fact, it's better to not even look at her cross-eyed.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Phenom View Post

As I said, DJ is 14. According to him, he's been having sex with boys since the age of 8 and with men since last year (age 13). He wants a steady relationship and has been going out recently with a 21 year old guy who he met online.

Quote:
So we continue to talk (honestly this is the best conversation that I've had in years and it's with a 14 year old) and we get to the law breaking part of his relationship. DJ is concerned with the law, which in Nevada states that men over 19 who have consensual sex with guys under 18 are classified as dangerous sex criminals on par with child rapists. After serving their sentence, they would be required to register their address with the police for minimum of five years and could have their identity revealed to the public. Needless to say, this is a huge problem for DJ. Not only because his current partner is 21, but because he prefers older guys as opposed to guys his own age. He said: "I don't like guys my own age. They're too immature. I like men in their 20s to early 30s. They are more experienced and serious. With them, you can get into a closer relationship than you can with a teenager." Now I had him. "If other guys your age are too immature for serious relationships, what's the difference with you", I asked. "If they're too young for that sort of thing, aren't you?" "No", he said almost angrily. "Not all guys my age are immature like that but most are.
At 14 you do not know what you want. You can be manipulated into doing things.. How many people know about DJ being gay?

21 year old with a 14 year old is illegal in the eyes of the law. Now I don't always follow the law but theres some stuff you just don't do.

The fact DJ says he only likes older guys is more than likely born out of the fact he is with one at the minute but that could have serious ramifications when he gets older if he can't sustain a relationship with people his own age.

Also if this came out I can more than bet that there will be some issue with people bullying him when he goes school.

At the end of the day man you need to report this dude.