WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The GSD - General Spam Discussion > The GSD Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-25-2015, 09:44 PM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default NBA Playoffs Spam Discussion

I'm only creating this so I can have a place to quickly say that I've watched basketball pretty much my entire life, and Steph Curry may be the 2nd best basketball player I've seen in my lifetime. This guy is Isiah Thomas/Allen Iverson/Reggie Miller all morphed into one. Remarkable.

sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2015, 10:11 PM
It's goin' down forreal!
WWE Diva's Champion

JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The first round of the playoffs have been a bit underwhelming compared to last year's. But injuries hav hit certain teams like the Blazers, Grizzlies, and even if the Spurs.

But yes, Steph Curry is a hell of a player. Great comparison btw. Never thought I'd see an Allen Iverson/Reggie Miller type player. That's a scary thought. He can score at will while dishing the ball to his teammates.

Let's hope Kawhi Leonard can take his game to the next level during these playoffs. He was phenomenal last year but injuries hurt him during the regular season. This may be the year of Kawhi yet again.

"Life doesn't give us purpose, we give life purpose."
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2015, 01:05 AM
the Frog
Knockout Champion

Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Kermit

OKC! OKC! OK- *sobs*

Click for Spoiler:
Seriously, though. We would have at least took Golden State to 5.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2015, 01:25 AM
Humming The Bassline
WCW TV Champion

Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
OKC! OKC! OK- *sobs*

Click for Spoiler:
Seriously, though. We would have at least took Golden State to 5.
I highly doubt it. Warriors would have carved up what little defense OKC had. Klay would have limited Westbrook pretty substantially as well.

Anthony Davis though. Good god someone get that man a proper coach and some better pieces around him. New Orleans is gonna be scary as fuck in the next few years. He was destroying anyone guarding him this round. Draymond was too small and Bogut was simply too slow. The post moves he's got with the strength and athleticism. Oh and he can knock down the midrange now too.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:37 AM
the Frog
Knockout Champion

Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Burna View Post
I highly doubt it. Warriors would have carved up what little defense OKC had. Klay would have limited Westbrook pretty substantially as well.

Anthony Davis though. Good god someone get that man a proper coach and some better pieces around him. New Orleans is gonna be scary as fuck in the next few years. He was destroying anyone guarding him this round. Draymond was too small and Bogut was simply too slow. The post moves he's got with the strength and athleticism. Oh and he can knock down the midrange now too.
Who said the game was ever going to be about defense? The last time the teams played was back in January and that was just when Westbrook was heating up with his triple-double streak. Westbrook got a triple-double and they killed Golden State by putting up 127. That was also one of the few times Durant was back, so he had to split numbers with him. Westbrook's late surge and the addition of Kanter would have gave Golden State some trouble. I never said they would win the series, but picking up one game in a seven series is more than believable. I know that you are biased with your Warriors, though. Just as I am with my Thunder.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2015, 01:50 AM
Humming The Bassline
WCW TV Champion

Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Who said the game was ever going to be about defense? The last time the teams played was back in January and that was just when Westbrook was heating up with his triple-double streak. Westbrook got a triple-double and they killed Golden State by putting up 127. That was also one of the few times Durant was back, so he had to split numbers with him. Westbrook's late surge and the addition of Kanter would have gave Golden State some trouble. I never said they would win the series, but picking up one game in a seven series is more than believable. I know that you are biased with your Warriors, though. Just as I am with my Thunder.
It's the playoffs. It's always about defense. Just ask Steve Nash and the Suns. Kanter would have been handled by Bogut and Draymond pretty well. Even if you let Westbrook get his and Kanter is your next option who has to go against two stout defenders, who's your third option? Ibalka who had regressed badly this year? You stifle everyone else and Westbrook gets his they still lose. Happened to them when he dropped 54 and they still lost..... to the Pacers. Who are not a good offensive team.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:11 AM
the Frog
Knockout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Burna View Post
It's the playoffs. It's always about defense. Just ask Steve Nash and the Suns. Kanter would have been handled by Bogut and Draymond pretty well. Even if you let Westbrook get his and Kanter is your next option who has to go against two stout defenders, who's your third option? Ibalka who had regressed badly this year? You stifle everyone else and Westbrook gets his they still lose. Happened to them when he dropped 54 and they still lost..... to the Pacers. Who are not a good offensive team.
Overall, yeah, defense matters in the long run, but we are talking one game. Winning one game. Morrow, Waiters (a stretch), and Adams have all shown they are capable of putting out 20+ points on any given night. Ibaka was also slated to come back in the first round. Had he regressed? Hell yeah, but how much of that was due to his nagging injury that he had to have surgery for? I'm not saying the Thunder gets even close to pushing a series win, but one game is doable. I'm sorry, but with the type of season Westbrook had at the end, all it takes is one off-night for Golden State out of four to let the Thunder pick up one game off of his momentum.

Also, I'm not going to spend time explaining why picking a single game against the Pacers versus some of the other amazing performances they had toward the end of season is not sensible for defining the team. It's silly to do that just like it is silly to do in wrestling when defining a prestige of a wrestler. Surely you also know that there is a difference between a game like that (with an attitude of being fat and happy) and the intensity that comes along with a playoff series. Especially against a conference rival that took your spot at the top of the pack.

In the end, this "debate" is meaningless for obvious reasons. The Thunder is not in the playoffs, and I am biased in my affiliation. A Westbrook led Thunder is simply a team I would put money behind to pick up a playoff win. Besides, my comment was merely meant in jest in light of them missing the playoffs. You're not going to change my mind, and I never wanted to change yours.

Last edited by Kermit : 04-26-2015 at 02:15 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2015, 02:14 AM
It's goin' down forreal!
WWE Diva's Champion

JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This is a tough one. I'll say that if Ibaka came back in time for game 1 - even if he was at 50%, they could've won one game MAYBE. The OKC offense is pretty much Westbrook driving to the rim and kicking it out to shooters (Morrow, Novak, Augustin). Then you have Waiters who can shoot them out of a game. Westbrook can shoot them out of a game as well. Like I said, this is a MAYBE that they'd win one game.

The playoffs, for some reason, is a whole different monster. You gotta have your team clicking on all cylinders and your defense has to be great. So either the Pelicans or the DEPLETED crew of the Thunder probably wouldn't have won a game against the Warriors. They're the best team in the West for a reason.

Don't get me started on the Pelicans and their potential though.

"Life doesn't give us purpose, we give life purpose."
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2015, 06:20 AM
I AM INVINSIBLE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...One Punch Doug Crashin worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to One Punch Doug Crashin

Calling it now. Warriors vs Wizards....
Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 AM
Knockout Champion

Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The thunder might be able to get one game off of the Warriors but they will probably be blown out in 3 of the other games. Kanter and Morrow are minus defenders. Westbrook gambles too much on D too. Westbrook and Waiters will compete with each other in who can take the worst shot on offence. I think the Pels provided better competition than this OKC without Durant and a recovering Ibaka could.

And Steph Curry is simply Steve Nash that takes more shots. Don't need to go back to Miller or Isiah to find a comparison.
sendpm.gif