WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-22-2014, 06:27 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with most names on here others have said, My top 6 is
1, Paul Heyman I believe he will go in at some point
2, Sabu he would be my top pick to go in as his moves felt so innovative back in the day
3, The Dudley Boys I think they will go in at some point held more tag title than anyone
4, Rob Van Dam was arguably the biggest name homegrown out of ECW
5, Tommy Dreamer When I think of ECW I mainly think of him
6, Tazz I think he will be the least likely out of my picks to go in.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:30 PM

Boring is looking to come up from OCW...Boring is looking to come up from OCW...

Rob Van Dam and The Dudley Boyz and I only say that based on who else has been inducted to the Hall. Van Dam was probably the most popular member of the Alliance as well as defeated Cena for the title and the Dudley Boyz made tag team wrestling and putting old women through tables interesting.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:20 PM

Darkshadow1234 is looking to come up from OCW...

My picks: rvd, taz, dudleys, terry funk, sabu, dreamer and shane douglas.
And the eliminators and too cold Scorpio. Sandman
Bam Bam too.

Oh I forget Mickey Whipwreck.

Those are my picks

They all made contributions in ECW

I love and miss ecw.

Best wrestling organization in my eyes.
Good wrestling, hardcore matches, cruiserweight and hot women.
Better than wwe.

I hate when people badmouth ECW.
Seems like alot of people bash things just to bash them. Bc it isn't wwe.
ECW will always be one of the greatest wrestling companies.
Hate that it was cut short.

Last edited by Darkshadow1234 : 10-29-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:40 AM
The Evenflow Effect
Knockout Champion

CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...

Well, Rob Van Dam, The Dudley Boyz and Paul Heyman are shoe-ins for the WWE Hall of Fame, but that is mostly for their work in WWF/E than for their time in ECW.

I think time in ECW can count, but it needs to be coupled with what they did in WWF/E. For example, I really don't think guys like Taz, Rhino, Tajiri did enough outside of ECW to warrant a Hall of Fame nomination. Other guys like Shane Douglas, Justin Credible and Sandman don't stand a chance despite being popular in ECW.

So this brings us to Raven.

I'm obviously biased here, but he is a very interesting case. Arguably one of the best wrestling minds in the business, one of the smartest workers, held down because of attitude and drug problems and his medium size. He had two stints in WWF, as well as a WCW run in addition to his most famous work in ECW. Is he WWE Hall of Fame worthy?

I'd argue yes, because he is the leader in WWF Hardcore Championship reigns with 27 (even though it's an obviously inflated stat). But I think this run combined with what he did in ECW is enough to at least put him in the conversation. If it ever happened, he'd be a lower level entry no doubt.

I think it will have more to do with 1) his current relationship with Vince/Hunter/Powers That Be as he has burned some bridges and 2) is he clean and reliable enough to be given this opportunity?
Old 11-09-2014, 06:53 PM
WWE Women's Champion

HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...HBKistheHOF worked a dark match on ECW recently...

What about New Jack???

...hahaha okay but seriously I can see just about any main event level ECW guy getting into the WWE Hall of Fame eventually, especially guys like Rob Van Dam, Paul Heyman & The Dudleyz which would have a chance at getting in just based solely on their merits & achievements while in WWF/E.

Eventually WWE will start to run out of big names to induct & need to start plucking more names from ECW, WCW, etc. Koko B. Ware is already in the HOF for heavens sake & they've already inducted most of the "important" celebrities so they might just start inducting random RAW Guest Hosts (I'm still hoping they eventually induct Leslie Neilson for his skits leading into Summerslam 1994 about finding the "real" Undertaker, absolute classics!).

So yeah I wouldn't even be surprised if they started inducting some ECW guys within the next couple years.

Last edited by HBKistheHOF : 11-09-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:30 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

I know WWE are making a big deal out of the Hall of Fame each year now (as they should, as it's a time for legends to be remembered and celebrated by the fans and peers), but they WILL soon run out of worthy candidates while they continue to induct so many people each year. I know they make the ceremony into an "event", fill arenas each year, but I'd rather see each "class" cut down to perhaps 3 candidates- with each person given more time talk to the fans about their career, tell more stories and perhaps have other wrestlers come out and talk with the inductee about important matches and memories they have- sort of a "this is your life" style event.

Look at the wrestlers who have gone into the Hall of Fame in the last 4 ceremonies:
(I know there are other inductees, but I'm focusing on the BIG names- the main top stars)

Shawn Michaels
The Road Warriors
Jim Duggan
Sunny
Edge
Ron Simmons
Yokozuna
Mil Mascaras
The Four Horsemen
Bruno Sammartino
Mick Foley
Bob Backlund
Trish Stratus
Booker T
Mike Tyson
Lita
Ultimate Warrior
Paul Bearer
Jake Roberts
Scott Hall
Lita
Carlos Colon

All of the above names are worthy additions into the WWE Hall of Fame, but that is 22 worthy inductees in a 4 year period- soon there won't be anybody left who is deserving of induction. I certainly think WWE are inducting too many people each year. By inducting a maximum of 3 people a year, WWE could have made 7 years worth of classes out of the 22 people listed above- and give a more in-depth ceremony for each wrestler.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:10 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

Jericho was an ECW guy and is a lock for the HOF but the three from ECW that were able to crossover and grow their popularity and will get in are Heyman, RVD and The Dudley's. If Vince had issues with Bubba being at TNA then he wouldn't have been in the Rumble and I think they will return before they call it a day.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Naitch View Post
I know WWE are making a big deal out of the Hall of Fame each year now (as they should, as it's a time for legends to be remembered and celebrated by the fans and peers), but they WILL soon run out of worthy candidates while they continue to induct so many people each year. I know they make the ceremony into an "event", fill arenas each year, but I'd rather see each "class" cut down to perhaps 3 candidates- with each person given more time talk to the fans about their career, tell more stories and perhaps have other wrestlers come out and talk with the inductee about important matches and memories they have- sort of a "this is your life" style event.

Look at the wrestlers who have gone into the Hall of Fame in the last 4 ceremonies:
(I know there are other inductees, but I'm focusing on the BIG names- the main top stars)

Shawn Michaels
The Road Warriors
Jim Duggan
Sunny
Edge
Ron Simmons
Yokozuna
Mil Mascaras
The Four Horsemen
Bruno Sammartino
Mick Foley
Bob Backlund
Trish Stratus
Booker T
Mike Tyson
Lita
Ultimate Warrior
Paul Bearer
Jake Roberts
Scott Hall
Lita
Carlos Colon

All of the above names are worthy additions into the WWE Hall of Fame, but that is 22 worthy inductees in a 4 year period- soon there won't be anybody left who is deserving of induction. I certainly think WWE are inducting too many people each year. By inducting a maximum of 3 people a year, WWE could have made 7 years worth of classes out of the 22 people listed above- and give a more in-depth ceremony for each wrestler.
I think the reason is to get as many people in while they're alive as possible. Ultimate Warrior unfortunately became the biggest example of this. Plus there are tons, and I mean TONS, of old school wrestlers that helped make wrestling a viable business long before the name McMahon ever touched it who have yet to make it into the Hall Of Fame.

Certain wrestlers like Austin, Foley, and Michaels were so big during the hottest period in history that they entered at a fairly early age but many of the entries (take, for example, Antonio Inoki) aren't getting any younger and deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments during their lifetimes if at all possible.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:31 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...

If Philadelphia ever gets it's wish and gets a Wrestlemania to host, expect to see AT A MINIMUM Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer inducted that year. Won't be until 2018 at the earliest though IMO (I'm pretty sure Vince will push hard for WM33 to be at the new Vikings stadium in Minneapolis, before it hosts the Super Bowl - and where local boy Eric Bischoff will enter the HOF)

The short answer is this regarding ECW wrestlers in the hall: forget Koko B. Ware. If Abdullah the Butcher, a guy who NEVER wrestled for WWE, can be inducted, literally anyone can.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

RVD and Dudleys without any doubt whatsoever because they made it BIG in the WWE and made a lot of money with and for them. Heyman also obviously.

Sabu is worthy. Although he didn't do much in WWE, his impact on wrestling in general more than deserves him a spot. Just watch out for one of the worst speeches of all time.

People like Shane Douglas and Raven deserve it, but won't go near it.