WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Dave_duncan's Avatar
Dave_duncan Dave_duncan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 35
Dave_duncan is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_duncan
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_vipers_enigma

I'll start by saying that I'm not a big Jeff Hardy fan but I can't deny what he has accomplished. The man is a 3x World Champion, 7x Tag Team Champion and a 4x IC Champion. He is part of one of the most accomplished and famous tag teams. With that said do you think that we will see him in the HOF having in mind his drug problems? Or maybe he will enter the HOF together with Matt as a tag team?

Well yes he should be inducted because of his accomplishments. he managed to kick his drug addiction and was possibly one of the first high (high) flyers to become a world champion.


Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android



Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Nikeo Nikeo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ireland
Age: 26
Posts: 124
Nikeo is looking to come up from OCW...Nikeo is looking to come up from OCW...Nikeo is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidpolean View Post
First off, I have no problem with Jeff I actually liked him in WWE and was happy they gave him the belt. Secondly, if the question was compared to other wrestlers in the WWE Hall of Fame, Do you think Jeff Hardy should be in the Hall of Fame than my answer would be yes because he has had a better career than people that are already in. Now to my point, If I didnt know who else was in the WWE Hall of Fame and strictly based this decision off of Jeff Hardy, than my answer is NO. The guy doesnt have a memorable singles match, doesnt have a memorable promo, never had a wrestlemania moment, and never been part of a memorable storyline. There is to many people that wrestle now that should go in ahead of him. Im just now accepting the fact that Punk should be in the Hall of Fame and Hardy isn't even in the same league as Punk
No memorable storylines? The feuds with: Umaga, Edge, Triple H, Orton and Punk are just a handful of the ones that spring to mind. Those are just some of the ones from his last run and, for me and MANY other people (though admittedly not many of the IWC) they were highlights of that period of time.

To be honest, the feud with Triple H was one of the best things going on in the WWE at the time for me. Fair enough parts of if were overshadowed by Jericho/HBK on Raw.

The feud with Orton was THE hottest thing going on in the WWE at the time.

Never had a memorable match? The match with Morrison on SD (while both were faces). Fairly sure that broke SD ratings records at the time on whatever channel it was on in the US.

The Undertaker ladder match. Many people regard that in the Top 10 matches to have taken place on Raw. Newer fans who watch it back can feel whatever way they want about it but at the time, watching it live, it was an extraordinary match. Hardy, more than once, made you suspend disbelief and think that, against all logic, he was leaving with the belt.

To say nothing of his tag career there's still a list of memorable matches:

Umaga at the GAB, the Judgement Day, Ladder (amazing, innovative match) and Rumble matches with Edge, the EXCELLENT No Mercy match with Triple H, the Rumble match with Orton, the TLC and Night of Champions match with Punk. The Triple Threat where he won the belt. The RVD matches. Again, these are just a handful of examples.

They might not be memorable for some people, who may not like Hardy, but for a large chunk of the audience (the non-IWC one and the VAST majority) they were very memorable. It's not an overstatement to say he was THE most over person in the company for a time and that doesn't happen without great matches, great segments and great feuds. You don't become the most over person in the company by not doing something memorable and something right. Assertions to the contrary simple aren't factual. They're opinion.

I didn't enjoy a lot of John Cena's work in 2006. That doesn't mean it wasn't memorable.

And saying Hardy never had a 'Mania moment is, quite frankly, ridiculous. The multiple Ladder Swantons, the spear in mid-air while dangling from the belts (will be voted best OMG high-spot of all time at some stage), the table splash spot from WM 25. The Legdrop through Edge on the Ladder at 23.

One doesn't have to win a 'Mania match to have a 'Mania moment. There's a reason ALL of the previously mentioned "moments" featured on the intro to all programming at one time or another. The fact that you'll remember every single one of those moments means that they WERE memorable Wrestlemenia moments.

Let's not forget that the TLC from X-Seven was PWI MOTY. Go back and look at some of the matches from that year (not just WM but the year in general) and see the calibre of match it was considered better than. Taker/HHH I, Benoit/Angle, HHH/Austin. How's that not having a memorable 'Mania moment?

In my view, the case against Hardy being a HOF candidate in his own right is simply a case of revisionist history. The assertions being made are opinion, not fact.

Before you say it yourself, yes, my view of it is also opinion. However, when that view is held by the vast majority of fans (go back and look at his reactions at the time, same for merch sales) it expresses a social trend. He was EXTREMELY over. You don't become the hottest property in the WWE by having unmemorable matches and feuds. If you did, then Evan Bourne and Zack Ryder would be WWE Champions.

Last edited by Nikeo : 05-28-2013 at 02:22 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Whatsinaname696's Avatar
Whatsinaname696 Whatsinaname696 is offline
Registered User
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 208
Whatsinaname696 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I wouldn't put him in my hall of fame, that being said, his career isn't over yet, so that could change.
__________________
"'Cause I hit more men than Jenna Jameson in better days - Can't clear your heads, you in a Jenna Haze'
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 PM
I_Am_Electro_Boy's Avatar
I_Am_Electro_Boy I_Am_Electro_Boy is offline
Simmer down and pucker up...
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Englaaand!
Posts: 641
I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Jeff deserves to go into the HOF and I think he will. He's a multiple time world champion, IC champion and tag team champion as well as holding many other titles in his career. He was part of one of the greatest tag teams of all time. He's had some of the most memorable matches of all time. He's arguably the greatest high flyer of all time. There's so many positives that they outweigh any negatives that he has, like his personal troubles or the fact that when WWE were really giving him opportunities he left and went to TNA.

The fact that he's put his body through so much should work in his favour as he's put his body on the line for the company, but I guess they could say that every wrestler does that, although it's different with Jeff.
__________________

Electro Boy
Vocare Ad Regnum
Not arrogant, just better! MUFC
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM
LoudClearVoice LoudClearVoice is offline
Registered User
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,657
LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Electro_Boy View Post
Jeff deserves to go into the HOF and I think he will. He's a multiple time world champion, IC champion and tag team champion as well as holding many other titles in his career. He was part of one of the greatest tag teams of all time. He's had some of the most memorable matches of all time. He's arguably the greatest high flyer of all time. There's so many positives that they outweigh any negatives that he has, like his personal troubles or the fact that when WWE were really giving him opportunities he left and went to TNA.

The fact that he's put his body through so much should work in his favour as he's put his body on the line for the company, but I guess they could say that every wrestler does that, although it's different with Jeff.
Do you think he should go in by himself or with Matt, as a Tag Team? As I've stated in this thread, the Hardy Boyz should go in as a tag team but not as individuals.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I_Am_Electro_Boy's Avatar
I_Am_Electro_Boy I_Am_Electro_Boy is offline
Simmer down and pucker up...
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Englaaand!
Posts: 641
I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...I_Am_Electro_Boy is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS1582 View Post
Do you think he should go in by himself or with Matt, as a Tag Team? As I've stated in this thread, the Hardy Boyz should go in as a tag team but not as individuals.
I think Jeff has done enough to go in on his own but I doubt they'd put him in on his own and then again with Matt as he's not a big enough star to be inducted twice. So I'm going to say with Matt but they should mention both of their singles career instead of just mentioning the team. But there's always the possibility of inducting Team Extreme, so Jeff, Matt and Lita, I think that would be pretty cool, but once again mention all three of them being successful on their own.

Team Extreme being inducted or the Hardy Boyz is probably the only way Matt is going to get into the HOF so that's the way Jeff should be inducted.
__________________

Electro Boy
Vocare Ad Regnum
Not arrogant, just better! MUFC

Last edited by I_Am_Electro_Boy : 07-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-13-2013, 03:09 AM
Bdub's Avatar
Bdub Bdub is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Bdub is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

He's in. Tag or single. The resume speaks for it's self.
Personally I feel Hardy is the most overrated wrestler ever. Matt Hardy WAS a better worker. Yes Jeffy takes big bumps and his selling makes him a very sympathetic character but the swan ton is weak! No impact. Not believable. His TNA run has done nothing to impress me. He killed the immortal angle simply by being the wrong guy to hold the belt and a horrible heel.
As age takes it's toll maybe Hardy can learn at different way to work other than being a high spot machine and maybe his second run in WWE will change my mind. Maybe not.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices