WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion SPICY!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jerry Lawler View Post
If Lariat says that Hardy is over because of hurting himself in different ways, then he must have a problem with Foley.
Foley is a Hall of Famer for more than just falling and hurting himself. Foley has a ridiculous ability to be able to tell a story on the microphone and inside the ring. He always had good work rate, especially BEFORE he started jumping off of shit and hurting himself.

Hardy on the other hand is complete and utter shit on the microphone and doesn't know how to tell a story in the ring unless he's being carried by a better performer than him IE: CM Punk, Austin Aries.

The tag team stuff speaks for itself which is why hardly anyone is debating that he deserves to go in as a tag team with his brother. But I would venture to say that they could have put just about any other tag team with some balls in those TLC matches with the Dudleys and E&C and the results wouldn't have been much different.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhSpicyDrop View Post
Foley is a Hall of Famer for more than just falling and hurting himself. Foley has a ridiculous ability to be able to tell a story on the microphone and inside the ring. He always had good work rate, especially BEFORE he started jumping off of shit and hurting himself.
When someone says Mick Foley the first thing that comes to anyone's mind is batshit insane spots. Yes Foley is good on the mic but no one remembers any of his promos above the spots he did.

Quote:
Hardy on the other hand is complete and utter shit on the microphone and doesn't know how to tell a story in the ring unless he's being carried by a better performer than him IE: CM Punk, Austin Aries.
Yes he does, he can have a decent match with most people. Mr Anderson isn't the greatest wrestler ever and they had some pretty good matches.

Quote:
The tag team stuff speaks for itself which is why hardly anyone is debating that he deserves to go in as a tag team with his brother. But I would venture to say that they could have put just about any other tag team with some balls in those TLC matches with the Dudleys and E&C and the results wouldn't have been much different.
No those three tag teams revolutionised how tag teams work. Any tag team after 2002 would likely cite one of those teams as an influence. There's a reason TLC I and II are better than III and it's because it was just those three teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM

miller728 is looking to come up from OCW...

While in my opinion Jeff Hardy is deserving his personal issues could possibly lead to an exclusion but it will most likely come down to how good of terms WWE and Jeff hardy are on. If Jeff gets one more clean run with WWE I think he will get Inducted in at least some form even if it is with Matt.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion SPICY!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
When someone says Mick Foley the first thing that comes to anyone's mind is batshit insane spots. Yes Foley is good on the mic but no one remembers any of his promos above the spots he did.
Really? Is that why people talk about his promos from ECW being inspirational to the generation that followed? Foley had a following back when the most "batshit insane" thing he did was diving off the ring apron and doing the "Nestea Plunge" as he called it.

The casual fan might only remember Foley for doing insane dives, but if you look back at his career he's done a hell of a lot more than that.

If you look back at Jeff's career you can't find any inspirational promos that the next generation would learn and take from... You can't find any matches that he gets credit for as being good unless there was some gimmick involved and a bunch of other talented superstars being apart of it.

Quote:
Yes he does, he can have a decent match with most people. Mr Anderson isn't the greatest wrestler ever and they had some pretty good matches.
We're not talking "pretty good" here... Every match that doesn't contain botching by wrestling fan standards is "pretty good". I'm talking matches that fucking leave memories in people... The only recent Hardy matches I can call being even slightly memorable would be a match with Kurt Angle, and the ladder match he just had with Austin Aries... and it's well documented that those two have been able to carry piles of shit to 4/5 star matches.

Quote:
No those three tag teams revolutionised how tag teams work. Any tag team after 2002 would likely cite one of those teams as an influence. There's a reason TLC I and II are better than III and it's because it was just those three teams.
The Hardyz bastardized a lot of their spots from Sabu so I would hardly call the majority of shit they did "revolutionary" when Sabu was doing the same shit in ECW and Japan years before.

The fact is Hardy will probably get into the WWE Hall of Fame, but there's no way in Hell he will see the light of day in Wrestlezone's Hall of Fame, which is what this sub-forum is dedicated to.

To anyone with a brain they will remember Hardy as a guy who sold moves well, was in the right place at the right time with his brother and had some good tag matches, did a lot of stupid dives, and went on a ton of drug-induced ramblings on Youtube. Nobody will remember his title runs in WWE outside of his feud with CM Punk. The End.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:39 PM

The Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

Jeff Hardy would've been a without a doubt Hall Of Famer if he never left the WWE. The dude owned the tag division, always stood out in every match he was in, his push was legit and awesome from his match with Undertaker and his feud with CM Punk. He had it all and his demons and belief that he was bigger then the WWE screwed him up.

He was better than Randy Orton.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM

MrAnderson123 is looking to come up from OCW...

I've just found this thread and laughed.

Just no. Admittedly, he produced some excellent matches with his brother and 3D and Edge and Christian. But that's it. He held the WWE Title for a while but that's it.
If anything, he'll get inducted with his brother.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Team Finnley Baylor
ECW TV Champion

It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...

Quote:
If Lariat says that Hardy is over because of hurting himself in different ways, then he must have a problem with Foley.
Foley's so overrated by the IWC that it's ridiculous. He's a stuntman who happened to be a pro wrestler by trade. Foley had some good matches, but he was expendable. Without Foley, the Attitude Era would have still been as awesome. The same can't be said for Rock, Austin, and even HHH. Foley was a bit player in a major motion picture.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Future Endeavored

RobstarEWN is looking to come up from OCW...

Personally I think jeff is a future HOF with out a doubt. I mean with all of his accomplishments and moments that made our jaws drop let me recap for you. Jeff is a 1 time WWE champion, 2 time World Heavyweight Champion, 4 time IC Champion, 3 time Hardcore champion, 7 time tag team champion and more. How can you deny him a spot in the Hall Of Fame with those accomplishments.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:46 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobstarEWN View Post
Personally I think jeff is a future HOF with out a doubt. I mean with all of his accomplishments and moments that made our jaws drop let me recap for you. Jeff is a 1 time WWE champion, 2 time World Heavyweight Champion, 4 time IC Champion, 3 time Hardcore champion, 7 time tag team champion and more. How can you deny him a spot in the Hall Of Fame with those accomplishments.
It's more about whether he goes into the HOF with his brother, as a tag team wrestler or as an individual.

I don't think he's done enough as an individual to warrant HOF consideration. 3 world championships, 4 IC titles, 3 hardcore titles is a pretty generic career for a fringe main eventer.

I believe The Hardys should go into the HOF as tag team wrestlers, but not Jeff as an individual. Look at the example that I gave of Edge. He's a legendary tag team wrestler but he also had a legendary career as a singles wrestler. That's an example of a tag team wrestler that deserves to go in as a singles wrestler.

If you look at Hardy's career as a singles wrestler, you could argue several guys that probably won't get in had better singles careers. Take Batista for example. He had a far better singles career than Jeff Hardy but I guarantee Batista doesn't get into the HOF.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
Jeff Hardy would've been a without a doubt Hall Of Famer if he never left the WWE. The dude owned the tag division, always stood out in every match he was in, his push was legit and awesome from his match with Undertaker and his feud with CM Punk. He had it all and his demons and belief that he was bigger then the WWE screwed him up.

He was better than Randy Orton.
Better than Orton? LMFAO! What he's better than Orton because Orton can't do a flip off the top rope or jump off a ladder?

Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy aren't even in the same league.