WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...

I believe that the Hardy Boyz as a tag team are hall-of-famers. I do not believe Jeff Hardy on his own merits is a hall-of-famer. His singles run was troubled in WWE, and though he was popular for a spell I don't believe he is a hall-of-famer.

The team, on the other hand, main evented some of the greatest tag team matches in the history of wrestling and were part of the last great generation of tag teams, along with the Dudleyz, E&C, APA.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

I'd have to say no also.

When I look back at Jeff Hardy's career, too many "what if?" questions pop up. He had a GREAT feud with CM Punk in 2009, and their TLC match from Summerslam '09 was just superb. Same thing can be said about the cage match on the following Smackdown. But Jeff Hardy took a brief break from wrestling. Jeff was on top of the world in WWE '09. Shit, the stretcher match with his dead weight brother on Smackdown was fun to watch. Jeff Hardy could've risen to unprecedented levels of super-stardom, but we'll never know, because he left.

He goes to TNA. Has a shocking heel turn at BFG, but we all remember what happened at Victory Road. Maybe if Jeff had more time develop his character, he could've transformed into a better heel, but we'll never know.

I'm happy to see Jeff on the right track now, and I hope he can stay clean this time. But when it comes to any hall of fame considerations, Jeff Hardy has too many question marks (mainly what ifs) for me. You might not like them as people in real life, but there's no denying Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair's accolades.

Mind you, this is coming from a guy, who has a poster of Jeff Hardy on the door to his room, and I praise Jeff Hardy's My Life My Rules DVD set as one the best wrestling DVD sets ever, especially the match selection.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Team Finnley Baylor
ECW TV Champion

It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
His personal struggles in the grand scheme of things are moot. Scott Hall is still an alcoholic and people say he's had a Hall Of Fame career. Shawn Michaels had similar problems in the 90s but turned it around and shows people can change.
Scott Hall was world's better than Jeff in the ring. Same goes for HBK. It's a neutral stance, as well. I don't like Jeff personally, but there's plenty of cases for Jeff not to go into a Hof.

Quote:
As to whether Hardy deserves a HoF consideration. Popular with fans, multiple title reigns and memorable fueds aren't good enough for you then what is??
His feuds with Edge and Punk aren't memorable. Neither are his title reigns. His title reigns didn't do anything for business and didn't draw significant buyrates and ratings for PPV's he's headlined. He didn't make anyone better in the ring and his most memorable moments are moments where he made a fool of himself. I remember Jeff for his 'main event' against Sting. That's not grounds for the Hof. Neither is selling merchandise. As I've mentioned, there's several parts to the equation of being a Hof'er, and Jeff meets one or two things at the most.

Quote:
Look I understand some people don't like him, (like people who dislike Cena, Triple H etc) but you have to look at it from a neutral standpoint (hard for a lot of people I know) and realise what he's done is worthy of being in the Hall Of Fame
I can't stand HHH or John Cena. But they're Hall of Famers. Period. Cena's carried the WWE for nearly 8 years. HHH developed into an iconic character who busted his ass in the ring and used old school heel tactics to draw money. He also was a part of one the most influential factions in wrestling history. Jeff Hardy was in a good tag team. And it's a debate whether Matt and Jeff as a Tag Team would get HoF consideration.

Jeff's body of work's not enough for consideration and to me, doesn't warrant a vote for the HoF.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lariat View Post
Scott Hall was world's better than Jeff in the ring. Same goes for HBK. It's a neutral stance, as well. I don't like Jeff personally, but there's plenty of cases for Jeff not to go into a Hof.
So his personal problems mean nothing on his career, glad we're in agreement.

Quote:
His feuds with Edge and Punk aren't memorable. Neither are his title reigns. His title reigns didn't do anything for business and didn't draw significant buyrates and ratings for PPV's he's headlined. He didn't make anyone better in the ring and his most memorable moments are moments where he made a fool of himself. I remember Jeff for his 'main event' against Sting. That's not grounds for the Hof. Neither is selling merchandise. As I've mentioned, there's several parts to the equation of being a Hof'er, and Jeff meets one or two things at the most.
His title reigns may not be memorable (to you), but him winning the titles certainly were. While Jeff Hardy is certainly a better chaser of a title than he is a carrier, people certainly remember his winning of his championships.

His fueds with Edge were good because they have chemistry dating back to their tag team days. You knew you'd get good matches out of them. As for saying his fued with Punk wasn't memorable, are you mad. Some would say Punk's fued with Jeff Hardy is his second best fued (after Cena) if not his best. They main evented Summerslam and were the talk of Summer 09. His fued with Triple H about respect was good as was his fued with Randy Orton at the start of 08. Not to mention all the ones he was in as a tag team.

Quote:
I can't stand HHH or John Cena. But they're Hall of Famers. Period. Cena's carried the WWE for nearly 8 years. HHH developed into an iconic character who busted his ass in the ring and used old school heel tactics to draw money. He also was a part of one the most influential factions in wrestling history. Jeff Hardy was in a good tag team. And it's a debate whether Matt and Jeff as a Tag Team would get HoF consideration.
The Hardys were one of the best tag teams of the Attitude Era and one can argue of all time.

So Jeff Hardy's weird character is not unique or interesting and his never say die attitude is not admirable. You may not like it but is in ring style is also fairly unique and people have cited it as an influence.

Quote:
Jeff's body of work's not enough for consideration and to me, doesn't warrant a vote for the HoF.
Again what is it about his body of work that isn't enough. He's done pretty much everything and won pretty much every belt, what more would he have to do to warrant a HoF consideration to you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

Of course Jeff Hardy is a future Hall of Famer.

Hardy has been one of the most successful WWE careers of all time, both as a tag-team and a singles wrestler. He has held pretty much everything possible in his time in WWE.

By my reckoning, he has won:

World Heavyweight Title x2
WWE Title x1
Intercontinental Title x4
European Title x1
Hardcore Title x3
Light Heavyweight Title x1
Tag Team Title 6x
WCW Tag Team Title 1x (during the WCW "Invasion").

There are very few wrestlers who even come close to the level of success Hardy has seen during his career, and the man has been incredibly over with the fans throughout his ENTIRE career, even with his personal issues. Yeah, maybe he never quite made it as the "next Shawn Michaels" as he was touted, but he has been a MAJOR part in some of the greatest Tag-Team matches in the history of the business which helped revolutionise tag-team wrestling.

Jeff has always been incredibly popular with the fans, they see him as a real human with faults, not a superhero like a Hogan or a Cena and they can relate to him. Just look at the reaction he received when he finally won the WWE Title, people were really genuinely happy for the guy, they want to see see him succeed.

With his impact of tag-team wrestling, his popularity and the fact he is still a massive merchandise seller, I really think Vince will put Jeff in the HOF when he retires, whether he eventually ends up back in WWE or calls it a day in TNA. I would expect the Hardyz to go in as a tag-team but if Jeff was also to be added on his own I would be ok with that. Jeff Hardy made WWE alot of money, and knowing Vince's love of the almightty dollar, he will see $$$ in putting the Charismatic Enigma into the HOF, if Jeff remains clean and sober.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Naitch View Post
Of course Jeff Hardy is a future Hall of Famer.

Hardy has been one of the most successful WWE careers of all time, both as a tag-team and a singles wrestler. He has held pretty much everything possible in his time in WWE.

By my reckoning, he has won:

World Heavyweight Title x2
WWE Title x1
Intercontinental Title x4
European Title x1
Hardcore Title x3
Light Heavyweight Title x1
Tag Team Title 6x
WCW Tag Team Title 1x (during the WCW "Invasion").

There are very few wrestlers who even come close to the level of success Hardy has seen during his career
Um, I'm sorry but those accolades aren't that great.

Hardcore title is a joke. So is light heavyweight title, so is European. He never won the Rumble, never won king of the ring, never won MITB. Did he ever MAIN EVENT Wrestlemania?

Won the world title twice and the WWE title once? What's the big deal? That's nothing in the scheme of things.

He and Matt should go in as Tag team wrestlers but Jeff's singles career was run of the mill, IMO.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Team Finnley Baylor
ECW TV Champion

It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
So his personal problems mean nothing on his career, glad we're in agreement.
Because Hall's problems happened on the downturn of his career. Jeff's problems happened while at his PEAK, which diminishes overall credibility and performance.

Quote:
His title reigns may not be memorable (to you), but him winning the titles certainly were. While Jeff Hardy is certainly a better chaser of a title than he is a carrier, people certainly remember his winning of his championships.
I can't speak for every fan, but I'll say that I can't remember the times Jeff won a major title. He was a transitional champion at best and was a great chaser after the belt. But chasing after gold and being known as a spot monkey doesn't warrant HoF consideration.

Quote:
His fueds with Edge were good because they have chemistry dating back to their tag team days. You knew you'd get good matches out of them. As for saying his fued with Punk wasn't memorable, are you mad. Some would say Punk's fued with Jeff Hardy is his second best fued (after Cena) if not his best. They main evented Summerslam and were the talk of Summer 09. His fued with Triple H about respect was good as was his fued with Randy Orton at the start of 08. Not to mention all the ones he was in as a tag team.
Edge and Punk are the only two rivalries I remember from Jeff. He blended in and didn't contribute to buyrates, ratings, merchandise sales and other criteria that helps a wrestling company. His mark on the WWE as a single's wrestlers is minimal at best. Him and Matt were great as the Hardy Boyz tag team, but as a single's wrestler, Jeff doesn't have what it takes to be in a HoF.

Quote:
The Hardys were one of the best tag teams of the Attitude Era and one can argue of all time.
Attitude Era? Maybe. Of ALL TIME?! Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Rock N Roll Express, Hart Foundation, Demolition, Mega Powers, NAO, Rated RKO, Team Hell No, Brainbusters, Hansen and Brody, Lawler and Dundee, and the Fabulous Freebirds would have a problem with that. So would the team of Doom, The British Bulldogs, The US Express, the Heavenly Bodies, and the Quebecers.

Quote:
So Jeff Hardy's weird character is not unique or interesting and his never say die attitude is not admirable. You may not like it but is in ring style is also fairly unique and people have cited it as an influence.
A BAD influence. Big difference. There's positive impact and negative impact. Jeff has been a detriment to the business far more than he's been a contributor.

Quote:
Again what is it about his body of work that isn't enough. He's done pretty much everything and won pretty much every belt, what more would he have to do to warrant a HoF consideration to you??
Draw money, headline a Wrestlemania, steal the show at WM... as a single's competitor. I can go on. But the argument's moot. Just because I like Teddy Hart, doesn't make him a HoF'er. Same goes for Jeff Hardy.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

Yes. The championships he has won makes him deserved of a place. The real shame is due to his problems outside of the ring he had to leave. Just before he got into a real mess he was at the top of the company. It was crazy how well he was doing and it could have made him into an all time great.

A few years ago did WWE not post a poll where the greatest 'Mania moment of all time was in the triple threat ladders match thanks to Jeff Hardy. Not only the incredible matches and spots but being a great all round competitor. He started in a tag-team; worked hard and got into the mid-card before getting the big one. Completely deserves it.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion SPICY!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...

First it should be said that I despise Jeff Hardy and find the majority of his singles career to be unwatchable. People often criticize other workers for having a limited move-set, but will overlook Hardy because he occasionally throws in a ridiculous spot monkey dive... If you're one of those people that believes Jeff Hardy should be in the Hall of Fame because he dives off of shit then I say Nick Mondo should also be in the Hall of Fame.

Winning a world title(s) doesn't make you a Hall of Famer... If that was the case the Hall of Fame would be filled to the brim with garbage. I can't even remember much about Hardy's title reigns in WWE, other than his feud with Punk... That's how uneventful he was. He's had the same boring moves that he's somehow become sloppier at executing over the years... and do I even need to mention how embarrassing his match with Sting was where he was so doped out he couldn't even work? That shit was on pay per view and people aren't going to forget that.

Hardy Boyz being inducted together I wouldn't be so opposed, but just Jeff on his own is laughable at best.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

Of course he's a Hall of Famer. He helped revolutionize tag team wrestling and rivaled Cena in terms of being over for almost a two-year period. In what world doesn't he get in to the WWE Hall of Fame?

If Lariat says that Hardy is over because of hurting himself in different ways, then he must have a problem with Foley.