WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM

the_vipers_enigma is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Jeff Hardy a Hall Of Famer ???

I'll start by saying that I'm not a big Jeff Hardy fan but I can't deny what he has accomplished. The man is a 3x World Champion, 7x Tag Team Champion and a 4x IC Champion. He is part of one of the most accomplished and famous tag teams. With that said do you think that we will see him in the HOF having in mind his drug problems? Or maybe he will enter the HOF together with Matt as a tag team?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Best for (the Music) Business
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...

Seeing as how the man can barely walk, much less bump without visible pain at this point in life, he should go into the Hall of Fame based on his physical contributions alone. He was one half of one of the most iconic tag teams in history, broke the proverbial glass ceiling and became a world champion multiple times, and has damn near broken his body for the business. Legal and drug related problems aside, Jeff Hardy definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Matt always had a good mind for the business, and one going into the Hall of Fame wouldn't seem right without the other.

If Bret Hart can become a Hall of Famer, then just about anybody can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
With all due respect, I think you are probably a little bit insane.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Well yeah he is and if you disagree you're a moron.

Jeff Hardy has had a Hall Of Fame career for a while. He's been one half of one of the most iconic tag teams of the past twenty years, and he's one of the most popular single stars of the past ten. He's put on several memorable matches and crazy stunts and he's held every single title the WWE has ever had bar two (US and ECW)

So yeah Jeff Hardy has had a Hall Of Fame career. Even if you dislike him for whatever reason, the stats talk for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

He's also in company with Jake "the Snake" Roberts as the only men to ever single-handedly destroy a pay per view. (Heroes of Wrestling, for the younguns here, it's the worst two hours of professional wrestling you'll ever see; even worse than a CZW show.)

People clamor for Pete Rose to be in the Hall of Fame, because he was the greatest hitter that's ever played professional baseball. But he won't ever get in, because he brought disgrace to the game. It's a damned good thing almost no one buys TNA PPV's, because then we'd be faced with the incredulous situation of people buying a PPV sold by a guy who has very visibly demonstrated how little of a fuck he gives about them, their money, and their support.

But, you know, run a feel good "he's changed" storyline, and keep selling those t-shirts. I'm a huge believer in redemption and rehabilitation, but I'm also a believer that neither comes easily, and Jeff Hardy didn't do nearly enough time in the desert.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I don't have a problem with Matt and Jeff going into the HOF as a tag team but Jeff should not go in, as an individual wrestler, IMO.

Looking at it from the singles perspective he's a 3 time WWE/World champ and 7 time IC champ. That's good but not HOF worthy, IMO. He needed to win the WWE or World title a couple more times for me to even consider him for the HOF as a singles wrestler.

As a tag team wrestler, no question, the Hardy Boyz should be in.

For a good comparison, look at a guy like Edge. Edge was first best known as a tag team wrestler. He then evolved to a HOF caliber talent as a singles wrestler. Won the WWE title 4 times, world title 7 times. That already blows Hardy out of the water. Not to mention the US title, IC title 5 times, won royal rumble, won king of the ring. Won MITB. That's an example of a former tag team wrestler that is a HOF for his body of work as both a singles and tag team wrestler. Hardy is only HOF worthy as a tag teamer.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS1582 View Post
I don't have a problem with Matt and Jeff going into the HOF as a tag team but Jeff should not go in, as an individual wrestler, IMO.

Looking at it from the singles perspective he's a 3 time WWE/World champ and 7 time IC champ. That's good but not HOF worthy, IMO. He needed to win the WWE or World title a couple more times for me to even consider him for the HOF as a singles wrestler.

As a tag team wrestler, no question, the Hardy Boyz should be in.

For a good comparison, look at a guy like Edge. Edge was first best known as a tag team wrestler. He then evolved to a HOF caliber talent as a singles wrestler. Won the WWE title 4 times, world title 7 times. That already blows Hardy out of the water. Not to mention the US title, IC title 5 times, won royal rumble, won king of the ring. Won MITB. That's an example of a former tag team wrestler that is a HOF for his body of work as both a singles and tag team wrestler. Hardy is only HOF worthy as a tag teamer.
How many of Edge's world title reigns were memorable, about three max. When he won the WWE title from Cena when he cashed in MITB, Again when he cashed in on Undertaker and probably one more. Edge's world title reigns weren't particularly memorable for the most part and he had a lot, which tells you something there (and I like Edge) Hardy's reigns also may not be as memorable but he had interesting fueds around them (somewhat). If Edge can be a Hall Of Famer Jeff Hardy deserves to as well. They pretty much have identical careers. Great tag team wrestlers, really good single wrestlers with lots of championships and memorable fueds.

Quote:
He's also in company with Jake "the Snake" Roberts as the only men to ever single-handedly destroy a pay per view. (Heroes of Wrestling, for the younguns here, it's the worst two hours of professional wrestling you'll ever see; even worse than a CZW show.)
Don't people say Jake Roberts has a Hall Of Fame worthy career and should be inducted (I am a young 'un so I wasn't around for it)

Quote:
But, you know, run a feel good "he's changed" storyline, and keep selling those t-shirts. I'm a huge believer in redemption and rehabilitation, but I'm also a believer that neither comes easily, and Jeff Hardy didn't do nearly enough time in the desert.
I agree with you however you sound like Jeff has to move mountains for you to believe he's turned his life around. I mean people gave Shawn Michaels another chance and he changed.

Quote:
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:02 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
How many of Edge's world title reigns were memorable, about three max. When he won the WWE title from Cena when he cashed in MITB, Again when he cashed in on Undertaker and probably one more. Edge's world title reigns weren't particularly memorable for the most part and he had a lot, which tells you something there (and I like Edge) Hardy's reigns also may not be as memorable but he had interesting fueds around them (somewhat). If Edge can be a Hall Of Famer Jeff Hardy deserves to as well. They pretty much have identical careers. Great tag team wrestlers, really good single wrestlers with lots of championships and memorable fueds.

Aside from how "good" or memorable the feuds were (which people can argue both ways), Edge was over as a singles wrestler a LOT longer than Hardy and even main evented Wrestlemania several times. How many times did Jeff Hardy main event Wrestlemania? Edge also won King of the Ring (for what that's worth), MITB, and the Royal Rumble.

I don't want this thread to turn into Jeff Hardy vs. Edge, I just threw Edge out there as an example of a tag team wrestler that deserves to go in as a singles wrestler.

Looking at their resumes, it's hard to compare their singles work and say it's comparable. It's not.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS1582 View Post
Aside from how "good" or memorable the feuds were (which people can argue both ways), Edge was over as a singles wrestler a LOT longer than Hardy and even main evented Wrestlemania several times. How many times did Jeff Hardy main event Wrestlemania? Edge also won King of the Ring (for what that's worth), MITB, and the Royal Rumble.

I don't want this thread to turn into Jeff Hardy vs. Edge, I just threw Edge out there as an example of a tag team wrestler that deserves to go in as a singles wrestler.

Looking at their resumes, it's hard to compare their singles work and say it's comparable. It's not.
All I'm saying is if Edge deserves to go in on his singles career, so does Jeff Hardy, because they've pratically had the same career. Tag team wrestlers, broke off stayed in the midcard for a while, eventually elevated to main event status. Won championships across their career as well as memorable fueds.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Team Finnley Baylor
ECW TV Champion

It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...It's...Baylariat! is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
All I'm saying is if Edge deserves to go in on his singles career, so does Jeff Hardy, because they've pratically had the same career. Tag team wrestlers, broke off stayed in the midcard for a while, eventually elevated to main event status. Won championships across their career as well as memorable fueds.

So has Sid Vicious. Want to put him in there, too?

Jeff Hardy is NOT a Hall of Famer. He's been more of a detriment to wrestling than someone who's had positive influence or matches. He's known for getting over not by his wrestling skill, but by hurting himself in creative ways. That doesn't spell talent to me. You have to have numerous parts to be a HoF'er and Hardy has one, maybe two parts at the most. Not enough to warrant HoF consideration.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lariat View Post
So has Sid Vicious. Want to put him in there, too?

Jeff Hardy is NOT a Hall of Famer. He's been more of a detriment to wrestling than someone who's had positive influence or matches. He's known for getting over not by his wrestling skill, but by hurting himself in creative ways. That doesn't spell talent to me. You have to have numerous parts to be a HoF'er and Hardy has one, maybe two parts at the most. Not enough to warrant HoF consideration.
His personal struggles in the grand scheme of things are moot. Scott Hall is still an alcoholic and people say he's had a Hall Of Fame career. Shawn Michaels had similar problems in the 90s but turned it around and shows people can change.

As to whether Hardy deserves a HoF consideration. Popular with fans, multiple title reigns and memorable fueds aren't good enough for you then what is??

Look I understand some people don't like him, (like people who dislike Cena, Triple H etc) but you have to look at it from a neutral standpoint (hard for a lot of people I know) and realise what he's done is worthy of being in the Hall Of Fame

Quote: