WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...
Default WrestleZone Forums Hall of Fame - Next 2 Inductions

Polls now open! Click one of the following links to vote.

Poll 1: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=225139

Poll 2: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=225141

The WrestleZone Forums is now beginning the process of inducting its next two members into the Hall of Fame. Previous inductees are: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Andre the Giant, Lou Thesz, Shawn Michaels and Bruno Sammartino.

For the next round of inductions, there will be two separate polls. For each poll, the members of WrestleZone can choose one man to be inducted. The two men with the most votes shall be placed in the Hall of Fame. Your two lists are (clicking on their name will take you to their Wikipedia page):

Poll 1

Randy Savage
Sting
Undertaker

Poll 2

Verne Gagne
El Santo
Buddy Rogers

You may use this thread for discussion. The discussion period will last two days, with the polls open for three days starting Friday, and (hopefully) ending right before Summerslam.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 PM

Arashi is looking to come up from OCW...Arashi is looking to come up from OCW...

Poll 1

Savage, as much as Sting and Taker have done I just like Savage. He's amazing in ring, his promo's were spot on, and he was one of the best ever.

Poll 2

This is insanely hard, I have to admit I'm disappointed that Inoki and Rikidozen or Misawa isn't in here, but truth be told if I have to pick between these three it's El Santo. He changed the business forever. He was much more than just a wrestler in Mexico, he became a national hero, and he was in comics and movies, he is considered by some as the greatest hero in the history of Mexico's existence. It's amazing, he's appeared in over 40 movies and was everything to Mexico at one point. Without him a whole new style of wrestling. He made wrestling in Mexico and was bigger in the run than Rogers and Gagne

Vote Or Else
Old 08-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

Poll 1
Randy Savage

Was there ever a doubt in anyone's mind? He might be my favorite wrestler of all time. I know that Sting and Undertaker are legends and stuff but they're always going to have a place in Hall of Fames in every promotion on Earth. Not to mention that if they don't make it this round, they'll make it into the next one.

Anyway, Savage had one of the most unique personalities to ever grace professional wrestling. As the pages fall off the calendar, newer wrestlers are discovered and promoted. Most of them are compared to wrestlers of the past in some way, shape or form. I don't think anyone has ever been able to properly compare Randy Savage to anyone and I doubt it will ever happen. No one cut a promo like him, had an in-ring arsenal like him, had the look, the charisma, all while drawing monster numbers, regardless of the feuds he was involved in. This guy is the epitome of underrated and NEEDS to be in the Hall of Fame.

Poll 2
Verne Gagne

Verne did more for the business of professional wrestling than just wrestle and be champion of a promotion. He created the promotion, trained, and began the careers of dozens of legends and superstars. His contributions are unmatched.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 AM
:( lost ma Mayhem Title
WWE Diva's Champion

Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...Find'er Woo'er Ryder scored a win over Santino Marella...

Poll 1

Randy Savage

He was always entertaining and actually deserves to be in. I'm not saying that Taker and Sting don't, as they are Legends, I'm just a huge mark for Randy Savage.

Poll 2

I really have no idea any of those are....

Thanks to Dave for the Sig!

Like Creative Writing? Join WZCW today!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:14 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...

Poll 1: Sting
I want to say Savage but my heart goes with Sting honestly just because he's managed to become huge without doing it on the biggest stage of em all, the WWE. I know WCW was bigger than WWE at one point but WWE will always be #1 in general. This makes Sting stand out from the rest.

I don't know enough about Gagne, Santo and Roberts to vote, sorry.

Last edited by Big Poppa : 08-16-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 AM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Poll 1- The Undertaker

For me, the Undertaker is a more iconic and legendary. He is a trademark for not only the WWE, but wrestling as a whole. I really don't have to bring up his many career highlights. Savage and Sting are both great picks, but The Phenom deserves to be in the WZ Hall Of Fame.

Poll 2- Verne Gagne

As D-Man said, his contributions to the wrestling business are great. Verne is a trainer, a champion, a promoter, and should be a WZ Hall Of Famer.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Ė Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This is actually pretty easy for me to vote on.

Poll 1, Iím going with the Macho Man Randy Savage. The first ever ďbad guyĒ I ever cheered for. To me, he was what Ric Flair was before I ever heard of Ric Flair. The only difference is Flair didnít have Hogan to share the spotlight. As for Sting and Undertaker, they can get in later, just like in real life.

Poll 2, Iím going with the first Champion of the Greatest Wrestling Federation ever created. Buddy Rogers to me is the first Great Champion. Honestly, I donít know much about all 3 of these men, but Verne Gagne and El Santo can be inducted later.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Poll 1
Sting

When it comes to a pro wrestling Hall of Fame, longevity to me means a LOT. And out of the 3 candidates for poll 1, Sting by far has been the most consistent wrestler of them all for many, many years.

Savage had a great run from 1985 until about 1991. While in WCW he had a good match here and there, but his run overall there was nothing special.

The Undertaker, in my opinion, didn't become a great wrestler until 2003. He was always a great character, but as a wrestler I felt that his matches and feuds were boring and predictable. It wasn't until he got into implementing his Jiu-Jitsu training into his matches when he started to put on these classic matches.

Sting, on the other hand, came into WCW in the late eighties and right away was not only the best character in the company, but the top babyface and a constant show stealer. And he would remain that until the company's demise in 2001. That was almost 15 years of nothing but pure excellence. And his run in TNA has been very good on top of that, not to mention he has remained a top name in TNA pretty much since it's inception, and has easily gave us the best work out of all the "Legends" to come in and out of that company.

Basically, Sting has given us almost 25 years of great matches, feuds, and quality entertainment. He's the greatest babyface of all time, in my opinion. It's a no brainer that he absolutely deserves to be in any pro wrestling Hall of Fame.

Poll 2
Buddy Rogers

Very easy choice here. Verne Gange sucked, I don't care at all for Luchadors, and Buddy Rogers helped transcend professional wrestling forever. by gearing it more towards entertainment and also having major influence on the likes of Ric Flair and Vince McMahon. That's all that needs to be said for my reasoning on choosing Rogers.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly's Avatar
Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly is offline
Blame it on the rain

Location: That big mansion you drive by at night that scares the piss out of you
Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly is looking to come up from OCW...Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly is looking to come up from OCW...Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly is looking to come up from OCW...

Poll 1- Sting
Sting has done so much, his biggest accomplishment doing it all WITHOUT WWE. Taker, while he has done a nice chunk of his one, is mainly known for his WM streak, which IMO doesn't apply in this induction. I'll put it this way, where would Taker be WITHOUT his Streak?
Savage has done quite a bit too, having won 20 championships in his time, but Sting has won many more, 15 of his being world titles, 2nd only to Ric Flair, and all of this, again, WITHOUT being in WWE. My vote goes to Sting.

Poll 2- Verne Gagne
All three of these men have done so much, but IMO Gagne has done the most. All 3 of these men had their peaks outside of WWE (granted Rogers was the inaugural WWWF champion), but Gagne has won more titles and overall accomplished more. A hard choice, but Verne takes my vote in OT.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Registered Lemming Smasher

The Prodigal Anti-Lemming is looking to come up from OCW...The Prodigal Anti-Lemming is looking to come up from OCW...

Poll 1: Sting.

This was definitely a close call. I could have chosen Randy Savage, who I believe accomplished almost as much. Yet Sting held the WCW world championship six times, the NWA world title twice, and the TNA world title four times, and for the duration of the '90s, he was the face of WCW. He allowed WCW to maintain a measure of dignity and credibility at a time when it's momentum was slipping. Sting will be as remembered for never signing with WWE as he will for any singular career accomplishment.

Poll 2: El Santo.

For this poll, I strongly considered Buddy Rogers, but El Santo's role in almost singlehandedly shaping the world of lucha libre was what tipped the scales. He established the mask as a symbol of reverence and tradition in Mexican wrestling, and even 30 years after his death, he remains the most pivotal, influential and famous character in Mexican wrestling history.