WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 PM

Freebirdfan is looking to come up from OCW...

If you were around the Dallas area during the late 70's early 80's there were only two men who rivaled the popularity of the Von Erichs. Those men were Andre The Giant and Ric Flair. Andre was loved, Flair was hated!

Last edited by Freebirdfan : 09-20-2011 at 10:27 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Wrestling Historian
WWF Hardcore Champion

MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...MisterRob worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Andre's fine for the Hall of Fame. But Shawn Michaels inducted into the 1st string of Inductees? Get the fuck out of here. I find it hilarious how so many people talk about the WWE brainwashing people to believe this way and that way, and how they accuse other posters of falling prey to the revisionist history of Vince McMahon and the WWE, and then they believe Shawn Michaels is the greatest wrestler alive and they vote him into the 1st hall of fame induction.

Balls!

Clearly those very people have been brainwashed by the WWE over the years. What the hell has Shawn Michaels done to be viewed in such high regard in the history of wrestling? Sure he has a string of great in ring matches, but certainly his matches and his feuds don't compare to a huge list of other wrestlers. Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and the list goes on and on. Shawn Michaels wasn't even the best wrestler or the face of the company during his own Era! In his own company!

Shawn Michaels was a poor man's draw, he didn't carry the company or the business anywhere, he really didn't have such GREAT feuds during his time (beyond Bret Hart and then a few during his second run). So what the hell has Shawn Michaels done to really deserve to be inducted over other legends? The WWE machine at its finest!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 PM

e3mrk is looking to come up from OCW...

Andre would win when They let Him and lose when He was told to.
He should be #1 if not just for the acting.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 PM

tak161 is looking to come up from OCW...tak161 is looking to come up from OCW...tak161 is looking to come up from OCW...

Andre was very much deserving of being one of the first inductees. When you think of the history of wrestling, not just WWE, how can you not think of Andre. He was, as has been stated before, one of, if not the biggest draws of the seventies and eighties. People came from everywhere to see a show if Andre was billed as being on the card. Promoters jumped at the chance to get Andre because of what he meant for business. During that time, he wasn't the slow, barely moving man that he was at the end of his career. He was an extremely agile guy for the size he was, which meant even more.

Sure, there are other guys who have come along before and after him that are worthy, but Andre was just as important to wrestling as Hogan, Flair, and anyone else that can be named. Not winning a championship does not mean he wasn't worthy, because titles don't always mean you are worthy. Several guys have been a major world champion, but we're not meaningful to wrestling. Impact is not measured just by how many titles you win, but by the overall impact you made. And in that regard, Andre wade one of the most impractical guys in wrestling period.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Whatsinaname696 is looking to come up from OCW...

Speaking of wrestlers lacking titles, where's Jake? Andre is DEF worthy, as everyone has pointed out about, his agility for his size (or anyone's size really), his streak, his popularity, and being on the losing end of (what I would consider) the most important match in wrestling history.

As far as titles go I think that should be given MINIMAL consideration at best, consider Flair "winning" 14 titles, he didn't win anything, he did his job and did it well, that's why he's had 14 titles.

Andre did his job well too, one big diff is... if you give Andre the title... how do you get it back? Also, Flair having 14 titles means he lost 14 titles too, should that have a bearing? Demolition didn't have a lot of titles.... because they held theirs for over a year straight, also Flair even as a good guy is a snake (more props to Jake) in the grass, do we count titles he won, shall we say, dubiously? no because that's part of the show so... yeah

I can think of a LOT of people I would put WAY before El Santo and even Bobby Heenan who I love, but hey, they do have important contributions so I won't say they're unworthy, jus wouldn't be my picks, so yeah Andre is DEF worthy and I would actually say they NAILED his spot... that being said... I would venture Taker would already be on here were he retired so the list isn't really done yet and the order might not really matter. K, that's all I got.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:38 AM

Bdub is looking to come up from OCW...

As strange as it sounds Andre might not crack the top five simply because how big the business has gotten. It is so difficult to compare eras against each other. Would Gorgeous George rank in the top 5? Is someone like Lou Thez or Harley Race in the top 5? It all depends on your frame of reference. If the timeframe is all time, then yes Andre is number five. If the timeframe is within the past 30 years then no Andre is still top 10, because guys like HHH, HBK, The Rock, Hogan, Flair, Hart, Austin, Taker, Cena and Jericho have pushed the older guard to the lower ranks simply because the reach of the business has gotten so much wider.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:39 PM

WWFan79 is looking to come up from OCW...

Little kids should not be discussing this question or anything to do with Andre. They have no idea.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:13 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Theres no question in my mind Andre is deserving of that position, I can't even waste anymore time debating it with some kids thats probably only seen a couple of quick clips or photos of Andre and claim to be experts who probably believe someone like seth rollins or dean ambrose should be in that top 5 of all time level.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:34 AM
Drug Dealer

Meth Head is looking to come up from OCW...

OP, you put up a decently-articulated argument but you'd do well to read up on Andre's history before questioning his place and position on the Hall of Fame. Saying his biggest achievement is "getting body-slammed" by Hogan is plain ignorant - and in the context of a wrestling forum, embarrassing.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:23 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

The people that say Andre is not top five HOF don't know the history of the sport or are very young and only know the wrestling world as seen through the WWE. Andre was the greatest wrestling draw of all time and didn't need any belts to prove his stardom. He had fought all the world champions and starred in every territory and was a huge draw around the world. Too many of today's fans judge him on his loss to Hogan but they only got to see the end of his career when his body was failing.