WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-03-2014, 03:42 PM

WWFan79 is looking to come up from OCW...

Hogan should be number 1. He is the personification of Wrestling today. Launched it into the multi-million/billion dollar business it is today and where everybody tries to emulate.

All this whining from wrestlers today wanting to main event Wrestlemania and have that 'Wrestlemania' moment want to be like Hulk.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:34 AM
lowandmightyer
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...

I have no problem with Hulk being number 1, he's the obvious choice in my opinion. I don't think my reasons for that need explaining, I mean he's Hulk Hogan and his record speaks for itself.

As far as his fall from grace marring my view on him goes, yes my view of him over the last couple of years of him in TNA was unfavorable and I'm guilty of the odd anti-Hogan post.
However I've made lots of pro Hogan posts too and every day I mature a bit more and as I mature I realize that I too would've been just as selfish as him if I was in his position.
If he can milk as much money out of his character for himself at the expense of others then why not go for it. Its the old school wrestling way of doing things after all.

It's not like he's had the worst fall from grace either. Compare him to Chris Benoitt (as Chris Jericho once hilariously put it) and Hulk Hogan is an angel.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFan79 View Post
He is the personification of Wrestling today.
Actually, he's the personification of wrestling yesterday.

No problem there, though, as what is being discussed is the Hall of Fame, so what happened yesterday very much applies. It's interesting, though, about the #1 thing: I think Bruno Sammartino might have earned that position by what he accomplished in and out of the ring during his era. If he had the same Internet & media tools at his disposal.....and if pro wrestling back then had the resources to go international instead each company just operating regionally, we'd have a better basis on which to compare Hogan and Bruno.

But, we don't.....and since many folks dismiss anything that happened before their ability to remember it, they'd choose Hogan as #1 because they remember him.....and he's still around.

So, no problem: Hogan can be #1.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:35 PM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFan79 View Post
Hogan should be number 1. He is the personification of Wrestling today. Launched it into the multi-million/billion dollar business it is today and where everybody tries to emulate.
I don't know what forum you're reading, son, but Hulk Hogan is #1. I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Let's check with our former Hall of Fame Moderator, JGlass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
(4/24/2011)So Hulk Hogan is our first Hall of Famer! It's an obvious choice in the eyes of most wrestling fans, but do you agree with him being the number one guy?
So as you can see, @ WWE Fan79, Hogan was our first ever inductee...and you're complaining that...Hogan should have been our first ever inductee.

Quote:
e
All this whining from wrestlers today wanting to main event Wrestlemania and have that 'Wrestlemania' moment want to be like Hulk.
Are you referring to one CM Punk, who has had Wrestlemania moments, just simply not that huge one like Hogan has had many of. HHH has, Cena has, Big Show recently got his with the IC Title. Everyone's definition of what a Wrestlemania moment, as a wrestler, is obviously different, and Punk apparently wanted the Hogan treatment at Wrestlemania 9: Posing in the ring while the rest of the faces celebrate around him, going off the air celebrating.

But where you're getting this "Hogan should be #1 stuff from" is hilarious, because he already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
Actually, he's the personification of wrestling yesterday.

No problem there, though, as what is being discussed is the Hall of Fame, so what happened yesterday very much applies. It's interesting, though, about the #1 thing: I think Bruno Sammartino might have earned that position by what he accomplished in and out of the ring during his era. If he had the same Internet & media tools at his disposal.....and if pro wrestling back then had the resources to go international instead each company just operating regionally, we'd have a better basis on which to compare Hogan and Bruno.

But, we don't.....and since many folks dismiss anything that happened before their ability to remember it, they'd choose Hogan as #1 because they remember him.....and he's still around.
I actually agree with Sally, perish the day. While he's only at #7 on our list, there's a case to be made for him being much higher, namely, in his two large championship reigns that lasted over 11 years.

Combine that with calling Pittsburgh his home , and calling Bruno #1 isn't a reach whatsoever.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Whatsinaname696 is looking to come up from OCW...

Agree with what mustang sally is saying to a point, however on the media thing, Hogans first, there was NO internet buzz about it, cuz it was the 80s, and I think the traditional media buzz was created BY Hogan, Andre and Vince for that defining moment, and in my opinion Hogan could have been number one on this list without the nWo run (although with it, I mean ... it MAY be repeated, but if it is.... doubt I'll be alive to see it. )