WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-03-2011, 11:29 PM
LSN80's Avatar
LSN80 LSN80 is offline
Registered User
United States Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,680
LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Neighborhood JGlass View Post
It's an obvious choice in the eyes of most wrestling fans, but do you agree with him being the number one guy?
As much as I have, and always will, detest Hulk Hogan as a wrestler and a human being, he's the obvious first, and deserving choice. Hogan is the first global icon of wrestling. Wrestling, despite its waning popularity, would not be what it is today if it weren't for Hulk Hogan. Noone understoodn how to do so much with so little. His ability to work a crowd was unparralled, and the man could still get the same reactions against the Rock and Shawn Michaels as he did against Randy Savage and the Iron Sheik. Noone's popularity, despite his recent dalliances into the wasteland of TNA, has ever transcended generations the way Hogan did. Couple this with him being the longest holder of the WCW championship for over 400 days, and anyone who believes it should be anyone but Hogan is just plain wrong. Put your personal feelings for the man aside, and recognize him for who he really is. The most deserving Wrestlezone HOF of all-time.

Quote:
How do you feel about Hulk Hogan?
I can't stand the man, and I never could. His "eat your vitamins and say your prayers" schtick both annoyed me and pissed me off, because Hogan was the biggest hypocrite in the business, as he tried to portray himself as such away from the ring as well. While he was a master of in-ring psychology, he wasn't a good wrestler, make no mistake. I hated Hogan Knows Best, as it was just another way to feed his already inflated ego. But this has nothing to do, in my opinion, of whether or not he belongs in the HOF as your top choice.

Quote:
Has his recent fall from grace left you with mixed feelings regarding his induction?
No, and while I might sound like a hypocrite here, its not the same as Ric Flair. While I say one must consider a wrestler's entire body of work, Ric Flair has continued to wrestle on a semi-frequent basis. Hulk Hogan, while a cancer to TNA, has not ruined his in-ring legacy by getting into the ring much. Correct me if Im wrong, but he's wrestled once since joining TNA. While Ric Flair wrestles the likes of Jay Lethal, Hulk Hogan stepped in the ring against another icon in Ric Flair. While it wasn't a masterpiece, he preserved his iconic status by only stepping into the ring on a special occasion, and against another Icon.

The bottom line is this. Ill never like, or respect, Hulk Hogan the human being. But he was the first global icon of wrestling, and he deserves to be recognized as such. His dalliances in TNA are irrelevan here, and Hogan deserves to be recognized as such. As the first inductee into the Wrestlezone HOF.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 AM
jaceynightheat jaceynightheat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 150
jaceynightheat is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Of course The Hulkster should be in this & any wrestling Hall of Fame. I don't know him personally & that's fine this isn't a "Nice people Hall of Fame", it's a pro-wrestling hall of fame.

I see a lot of people saying he's a hypocrite for his Hulkamania days. You know he like other wrestlers are just actors right? He's playing a character. The Undertaker isn't really a dead guy. Kevin Nash doesn't drive a mac truck.

Why is everyone mad he's still working today? You know that wrestlers are in fact real people & have to pay bills too. Not sure how Hogan is a "cancer" to TNA either.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Mustang Sally's Avatar
Mustang Sally Mustang Sally is offline
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast
Posts: 5,677
Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceynightheat View Post
You know that wrestlers are in fact real people & have to pay bills too.
Yes, which leads one to the conclusion that his divorce and situation with his son's car accident are the only reasons we're seeing him today. His financial status has been seriously compromised and he needed to go back to work. Before that, he was content to keep himself busy with his stupid reality show. He managed to stay in the spotlight, but at least the wrestling world was free of him.

There's no question about Hogan's status as the #1 Hall of Famer.....and I don't like revisionist thinkers who try to say that Hulk's impact in the 80's wasn't as all-encompassing as we previously believed. The fact is, he led pro wrestling to unparalleled heights in that era, and nothing should take away from those memories.

The problem, though, is that they are memories. By apparently thinking he still has the same influence today, Hogan has seriously tarnished his overall image.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceynightheat View Post
Not sure how Hogan is a "cancer" to TNA either.
By featuring himself and friends he brings to TNA, thereby pushing down deserving young talent in matches and storylines. I don't know how much actual "control" he has over management matters, but by casting himself as an expert in running a wrestling company ("I taught Vince McMahon the business") and using his influence to effect changes, he's had a massive effect on how they do business. Surely, that whole mess in January, 2010 with TNA deciding they were going head-to-head with WWE in an effort to take over as the #1 sports entertainment company had Hogan's fingerprints all over it. I don't know whether he sold them a bill of goods about his effect on the entire industry or whether the TNA Creative people thought of it themselves, but I seriously doubt such a foolish maneuver would have been attempted if Hogan wasn't a part of the company.

And now, he wants to wrestle again....... and still more storylines and people will be shoved down several notches because of him. That's how he's a cancer.


Still, no one can take away what he accomplished back in the day. If anyone is a Hall of Famer, Hogan is.

What he's done since only shows that there's no fool like an old fool.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-14-2011, 03:25 AM
Mekelle Mekelle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Mekelle is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy JGlassy View Post
So Hulk Hogan is our first Hall of Famer! It's an obvious choice in the eyes of most wrestling fans, but do you agree with him being the number one guy? How do you feel about Hulk Hogan? Has his recent fall from grace left you with mixed feelings regarding his induction?

Use this thread to voice your opinions on the Hulkster's Hall of Fame Induction.
hi classy jglassy, sorry i don't know. I didn't really believe the article but i read that that story line that Hulk Hogan gave his ring to Abyss had some truth to it. Of course he didn't give he ring to abyss for real, but apparantly he really did get rid of his WWE Hall of Fame ring for whatever reason. It was just a rumor but does anybody know if he really did throw away his ring? I know he didn't like vince all that well, but i mean he did get his big start in WWF/WWE that would be real slap in the face if he did. can anybody confirm the rumor if he did or didn't?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
TheHitMark-SirJoseOle's Avatar
TheHitMark-SirJoseOle TheHitMark-SirJoseOle is offline
A Fan Of Wrestling Not Backstage BS
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 740
TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrissr10 View Post
I think Hogan should not be inducted in the HOF wether it's the WWE HOF or Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame (PWHF) and no offense to Hogan Fans but the thing is even though he contributed so many things, still we cannot erase the FACT that if it weren't for the script writers he's not big as what he is way back in 80's till early 00's!
You have got to be one of the lamest individuals attempting to troll on these forums if ever I have seen one. This statement makes absolute no sense and you sound like a complete moron for having conceived it let alone posting it.

Quote:
He even bite the hands that fed him and his family way back 90's during the "Steriods" issue and testify against McMahon proving that he's an a**hole and I guess he realize what he did and testify that McMahon never sold it (Steroid) to him or forced him to use it.
Were you even alive when the McMahon steroid trial went down?

New York Times Article - Hulk Hogan On Witness Stand (1994) - Click Here

Read that to get a clearer perspective you twit.

Quote:
He then transferred to WCW, what kind of a man he is? He committed countless pain in the a** moves and mistakes in his life and if ever that there's a chance that I can induct him to HOF it is gonna be the Hall of Fame for Ego-Maniac and Self-Centered No Hair Freakazoid!
So I suppose that because Steve Austin went to court for domestic abuse charges there should be a motion to have his membership in WWE's Hall Of Fame revoked then if we are going by your logic. Because whether or not Hogan's controversies backstage in wrestling are true none of that holds a candle to Austin actually going to court and being prosecuted for spousal battery. Yes, Hogan put his foot so far in his mouth that it probably went through his backside about saying how he could see why "OJ Did It" but just the same he never acted on any of that and I don't remember him actually ever having to go to court over anything relating to his wife other than the divorce.

Quote:
p.s he even consulted a doctor after WWE HOF 2008 because of The Rock regarding the things that the Great One's said during the event.
Yeah I should be careful feeding the trolls I suppose, but then again I got nothing better to do at the moment, what in the fuck are you talking about, you moron?

Bottom line is this, obviously I'm a Hogan mark read a good percentage of my postings on here and you are obviously going to see that, there is no disputing this. Therefore people might roll their eyes at me making an umpteenth defense for Hulk Hogan but so what? I am going to do it, I think I'm more or less as close to being a fair minded fan on the good and bad points of The Hulkster, period. Again I cite the John Graziano statements and the stuff he said about his wife in that Rolling Stone interview to be rather stupid and inappropriate, however I've heard people say worse things than that in my life and the only reason those statements are so offensive to most people is because we are talking about a celebrity saying such things. And of course there are higher expectations put on them than the average person...especially with someone like Hogan who for years has been looked at as a role model, unfortunately we learn through situations like this that guys like Hogan are all too human when you look beneath their exteriors.

Do I think Hogan necessarily should be the first inductee for WrestleZone's Hall Of Fame? Well there are plenty of other candidates that you could discuss too though, while I obviously won't argue Hogan's placement...you really could make great cases for other individuals. Performers like Andre The Giant, Bruno Sammartino, Gorgeous George, Ric Flair, Lou Thesz and Steve Austin are other candidates strike me as people you could just as easily fit into that distinction.

However, Hogan is just as good a pick as any because he's Hulk Hogan. Although I do wonder why WrestleZone just didn't do a Hall Of Fame Class and had a multitude of individuals thrown in at once. Again not my call but just curious.

Anyway, I'm open to debate with anyone who does not think Hogan deserves to be the first inductee to WZ's Hall Of Fame if we are discussing things based on professional wrestling. That's why if someone says Andre The Giant and Steve Austin might be better choices , I'd be hard pressed to disagree considering that they too are icons of professional wrestling.

But if there are any more bullshit posts like the troll I've just quoted that are trying to use every detail of Hogan's personal life to predicate and determine his eligibility then we have to be fair about that and use that standard for everyone else too. However at that rate you'd have a hard time finding any inductees if we are basing criteria here on one's level of morality.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM
RicoLen's Avatar
RicoLen RicoLen is offline
Wise Guy
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: YLP, Ca
Age: 38
Posts: 645
RicoLen is looking to come up from OCW...RicoLen is looking to come up from OCW...RicoLen is looking to come up from OCW...RicoLen is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I can't wait until a few more years have passed and the Cena diehards are old enough to post here intelligently and start blasting Steve Austin as a redneck wife-beater has-been that only got to where he was because Vince pushed him there.

It's no more true of Austin than all the anti-Hogan rants are of him.

Have you ever noticed the anti-Hogan marks start off saying the same thing? Hogan helped build the industry, and was a the biggest name ever back then, and I respect that, but... he sucks.

Hulk Hogan, for that generation (MY generation) IS pro-wrestling. I grew up watching wrestling in the late 80's and early 90's and I was a Randy Savage fan. I didn't care for Hogan, but I admitted he was the top guy and deservedly so, in the 90's when he went Hollywood, I hated his guts, but admitted he was the top guy and deservedly so, then Vince brings him back with the nWo in 2002 and inexplicably, even to me, I marked the f**k out for him. I simply could not believe how good it was to see Hulk Hogan again.

Then came the infamous "Hogan Ovations" which became a phenomenon never seen before or since in the world of pro-wrestling. It became a contest of one crowd trying to see if they could out-cheer the crowd from the week before.

If you saw these live, and you were a knowledgeable fan of pro-wrestling, it's simply mind blowing. I have a hard time believing that Austin will ever get this reaction. I don't think The Rock will get this, it's still WAY too early to see if Cena will ever get this, but look, Hogan blew the roof off crowds over and over again. It wasn't because he was the best wrestler in the WWE at that point in time, it was a matter of wrestling fans showing respect for the greatest legend pro-wrestling has ever seen.

Since that time however, the world has moved on. Now is time of the attitude era fans, not the time of my generation. Austin is the man, I get that, and I respect that, even while I disagree. However I'd be blown away (again) to see another ovation like the Hogan Ovations, this time for Steve Austin.

Hogan is the man, and while time keeps going, just like the legend of Andre was more or less lost on my generation, Hogan's legacy will fade some, and soon, so will Austin's, and then it will once again be saying "My time is now".

Hogan is a Hall of Famer, and a right respectable choice for the first, just like Andre would have been, just like Austin would have been, and 10-15 years from now just like The Rock will be, and Cena will be.
__________________
Oh it's true, it's damned true.
Take care, spike your hair.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 AM
karanbest4 karanbest4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
karanbest4 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Hulk hogan despite what he is doing currently is the most worthy wrestler/superstar to be inducted into The HOF and there is absolutely not a single thread of doubt about it in my head as he made wrestling what it is he promoted wrestling to what it is now..
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 AM
DRP's Avatar
DRP DRP is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 20
DRP is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

of course Hulkster deserves to be the first to go in he was the first real face of WWF/E, wrestlemania where he slammed Andre the Giant kick started it all, and with out his phenomina you would not have had Shawn Michaels who then took wrestlingup another notch with his ladder match with Scott Hall. Just cause he's still going is irrelevant im not a fan of him in TNA i used to like TNA as it was before him and Bischoff came in but hey, who cares.
__________________
Its me , its me, i am D-R-P
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM
KingHill KingHill is offline
Future Endeavored
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 38
KingHill is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
Of course Hogan should be the first inductee. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a Hogan hater who’s not looking at things objectively. Hulk Hogan is by far the most famous name in wrestling history. People who have never seen a wrestling show in their lives know who Hulk Hogan is. Without him who knows what wrestling would be like today? Hogan made the WWF with his incredible popularity and when times were changing he made WCW by becoming the most hated villain. I doubt anyone can make a valid case for Hogan not being the first inductee in the HOF.
Totally agree.

I like all the classpost here.

Not just another markforum but real fans with knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
This is the easiest choice to make, no doubt. While I hate Hogan with an indescribable passion these days, there's do denying that without his presence, wrestling wouldn't be what it is today. He is the biggest star in the history of the business. Period. There is debate to be had as to who follows him in, but there is no questioning him being the first entry into the WZ Hall Of Fame.
Agreed.

Love him or hate him. He is the man.

Like Scott Hall said "Hulk is Hulk, that's why we love him".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTaker View Post
He has contributed to wrestling in many ways such as making it mainstream and bringing in a whole new audience to it. Furthermore, he is a multiple time world champion and helped start two of the biggest booms in wrestling ever (whether you liked it or not, had Hogan and WCW not kicked Vince's ass for so long and almost pushed him into bankruptcy we might not have seen the Attitude Era).
Agreed as everyone else.

Hulk Hogan is "Da Man", the grandaddy. The father of wrestling. The man who made wrestling.

That's why you gotta respect him. Sacrificed and gave so much for so many people. Over so many years.

Touched the heart of millions of people around the world. A hero.

There will never be anyone like him ever again.

There is no other words for Hulk Hogan. He sacrificed his whole body to entertain.

No one is close and no one is second, that's how big he is.

Just look at this whole video. This is unbelievable.



It's just unreal. He's career is just unreal when you see the whole video.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 PM
lowandmighty's Avatar
lowandmighty lowandmighty is offline
lowandmightyer
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 352
lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I absolutely agree that Hogan is the number 1 guy. Nobody else comes close to put it quite bluntly.

He made wrestling what it is.

I don't agree with the views he puts forward these days not only on TNA but all his religious crap.
The point is there is no right and wrong in the universe despite all of Hogans "the secret" shit and what Hogan did for wrestling can never be wiped away, its out there forever even if he does rape his daughter one day.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices