WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered User
Mr. Money in the Bank

JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...
Default Hulk Hogan

So Hulk Hogan is our first Hall of Famer! It's an obvious choice in the eyes of most wrestling fans, but do you agree with him being the number one guy? How do you feel about Hulk Hogan? Has his recent fall from grace left you with mixed feelings regarding his induction?

Use this thread to voice your opinions on the Hulkster's Hall of Fame Induction.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey Yo...
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Tha Wolfpac is looking to come up from OCW...Tha Wolfpac is looking to come up from OCW...Tha Wolfpac is looking to come up from OCW...Tha Wolfpac is looking to come up from OCW...Tha Wolfpac is looking to come up from OCW...

You really can't look past Hogan. He has contributed too much to the business to not be considered the top hall of famer. Im going to just start stating things you already know, Hogan defined an era. He is undoubtedly the most recognised and well known superstar in the history of wrestling uh i mean sports entertainment. Hulk Hogan i synonymouse with wrestling, which not many superstars can claim. So Hulk Hogan is really the most logical choice even though he's run in TNA has been lacklustre at best.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Everybody Has A Price!
Million Dollar Champion

SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...

Say what you want about The Hulkster based on what we've seen from him and his family the last few years but there is no denying that he should be in not only the WZ HOF, but any other wrestling HOF there is. He has contributed to wrestling in many ways such as making it mainstream and bringing in a whole new audience to it. Furthermore, he is a multiple time world champion and helped start two of the biggest booms in wrestling ever (whether you liked it or not, had Hogan and WCW not kicked Vince's ass for so long and almost pushed him into bankruptcy we might not have seen the Attitude Era).

So yes, Hogan does deserve to be in the HOF. Does he deserve to be the first inductee? That's very debatable as I think many great cases for who should be the first inductee could be made for a plethora of other wrestlers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunderbunker View Post
Your stuff is pretty good ST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfearbefore View Post
SavageTaker is the man. That is all.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm neat.
WWE Women's Champion

Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...

Personally I don't like the guy after going to TNA. However his accolades in wrestling have to make me change my attiude towards him. I think that if you were to judge from today's standpoint he does not HOF however when viewing this throughout history then he 100% deserves to be in the HOF. He slammed Andre the Giant, he is on the Wrestlemania poster all by himself for three years in a row. He has done so much for the company and people have to respect that. I think that should he be the first inductee? Debatable but should he be in the Hall of Fame definetly. The guy is a living legend and has earned the respect of many.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM
HEAT ATTRACTER!!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

iwinulose is looking to come up from OCW...

1)i disagree, hogan is no longer the #1 guy, far from it.
2)i think he is an old man, past his prime, who wont stop until he is dead. i once had lots of respect for hulk hogan but thats no longer the case.
3)past the point of mixed feelings, its more, why bother? his ego took over his mind and he fell, and when he hit the ground, he hit it hard. at this point he cant be saved. its over.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Everybody Has A Price!
Million Dollar Champion

SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwinulose View Post
2)i think he is an old man, past his prime, who wont stop until he is dead. i once had lots of respect for hulk hogan but thats no longer the case.
3)past the point of mixed feelings, its more, why bother? his ego took over his mind and he fell, and when he hit the ground, he hit it hard. at this point he cant be saved. its over.
So tell me again, what does any of what you said have to do with whether he should or shouldn't be in the HOF?

No matter from which way you look at it, Hogan has accomplished a lot and most certainly deserves to be in any sort of legit wrestling HOF. He helped revolutionize the industry and helped it become mainstream. Had it not been for him, who knows what we'd be watching every Monday night or Thursday night. Hell, if it wasn't for him many of the wrestler who he inspired to follow in his footsteps might not even be involved within this industry in any sort of way. I would love to debate anyone who thinks he shouldn't be inducted because I would gladly prove them wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunderbunker View Post
Your stuff is pretty good ST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfearbefore View Post
SavageTaker is the man. That is all.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm neat.
WWE Women's Champion

Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac-Ios scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
You are clearly one of those people who feel it is necessary to judge the hall of fame by today's perspective. We are not discussing his current standpoint in TNA we are discussing his legacy as a whole. Clearly he is no longer the number one guy, but we aren't looking for the number one guy we are looking for the guy who deserves to be remembered for a career. In his career only about 10 different people were able to beat him. And some couldn't do it clean. Hall of Fame is not about what is now but celebrating the storied careers of people of the past.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered User
Mr. Money in the Bank

JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...

Quote:
1) No shit he's not the number one guy, but this isn't an active wrestler hall of fame, that would be stupid and you'd have to change who's in it every couple of months with the way the wrestling industry works. Hall of Fame≠Power Rankings.

2) You think he's an old man? Congratulations, he is an old man. Past his prime? Yup. Won't stop until he's dead? Possibly, but Thesz wrestled until he was in his 70s. If you lost your respect for him that's fine, you're far from alone, but you have to at least respect his accomplishments and what he's done for wrestling.

3) Why bother... praising the man who did more than anyone else to revolutionize the professional wrestling industry? How about because without him we wouldn't have national wrestling programs? Vince McMahon succeeded in creating an international business empire because he had Hulk Hogan selling out arenas, getting television ratings, and selling PPVs. Without Hulk Hogan there is no Wrestlemania, there is no WWE, there is no TNA, there is no mainstream wrestling culture.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

This is the easiest choice to make, no doubt. While I hate Hogan with an indescribable passion these days, there's do denying that without his presence, wrestling wouldn't be what it is today. He is the biggest star in the history of the business. Period. There is debate to be had as to who follows him in, but there is no questioning him being the first entry into the WZ Hall Of Fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Intercontinental Champion

The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...

Of course Hogan should be the first inductee. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a Hogan hater who’s not looking at things objectively. Hulk Hogan is by far the most famous name in wrestling history. People who have never seen a wrestling show in their lives know who Hulk Hogan is. Without him who knows what wrestling would be like today? Hogan made the WWF with his incredible popularity and when times were changing he made WCW by becoming the most hated villain. I doubt anyone can make a valid case for Hogan not being the first inductee in the HOF.