WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling > Old School PPV/TV Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I remember watching this one live with my ex-wife on PPV. I watched WCW exclusively back then, and had done so since the middle of 96, right before the NWO arrived, so I didn't really realize how inferior the product had become to the WWE.

It was a weird dynamic for me at the time, because my ex absolutely hated wrestling, but she would still watch the shows with me and basically just make fun of everything that was happening. Since I was a fan, it felt kind of like she was making fun of me by extension (yeah, THAT marriage was going to succeed, right?) so it put me in the position of trying to defend what was happening. I was determined to enjoy the shows no matter what, just because the alternative was to admit that she was right.

That all being said, I remember enjoying the Storm/Awesome match, and getting legitimately pissed off every time he found a way to weasel out of the loss. I didn't really care much for Awesome, but I really wanted Storm to lose. Damn he was good at playing a heel.

I also remember really enjoying the match between Booker T and Jarrett. At the time, Booker was one of my favorites, along with Sting, so I actually got really into this match.

When Goldberg walked out on the match and told Russo to fuck off, I missed the part about having to improvise because I was busy fighting with the ex. She was making fun of the whole thing, and I was busy explaining to her how all of it really worked, and insisting that Goldberg was obviously legitimately pissed off over how things were going and that he might have just quit. Goddamn I was an idiot back then.

After it was all over, I insisted that we had just watched the best show of the year. Then, me and my friend Chris, who had come over to watch with us, went outside to smoke a cigarette, and I admitted that the Storm/Awesome match and the main event were really the only things the show had going for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageTaker View Post
I've liked Pyrusane for some time now. I wish he'd post more because I like his posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastadon TentaZord View Post
Pyrusane, I love you. you and I took down this motherfucker when he tried to say that the spinner belt was so cool, and that Goldberg was a jobber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Burna View Post
I mark out for a pyrusane post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdigle View Post
pyrusane must either make a shit ton of money or have a really big johnson.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Knockout Champion

WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...

I guess I might renege a little bit,I kinda liked New Blood Rising,a couple Matches were solid like Booker/Jarrett,the 6-Man Tag,and Storm/Awesome. Bret's appearance was awesome of course with the PPV being in Canada,WCW should have done more Canada PPVs while Bret was there other than this one and Mayhem 1999. Looking forward though to your Fall Brawl Review which I think was WCW's Best PPV in 2000.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:48 PM

Cub McCallister is looking to come up from OCW...Cub McCallister is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with everything that everyone says here about how awful this ppv was, it should of been done so much better tbh. They had such a good pool of talent but just did not know how to use them effectively, the storytelling was not all that good but like everyone says that's wcw for you unfortunately. I would like to rebook this ppv much better:

1) 3 Count (Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, and Shane Helms) Vs The Jung Dragons (Kaz Hayashi, Jamie-San, and Yun Yang).
Six Man Tag Team Elimination Match. This stays the same except make it an elimination match instead of the double prize ladder match. They had a ladder match later on at Starrcade, I got rid of Abbott because he was just awful, this could go in any direction.

2) Buff Bagwell Vs Chris Kanyon.
Singles Match. I would eliminate the stupid stipulation of Buff's mother on a pole and just have a standard wrestling match with Kanyon getting the win.

3) Ernest Miller Vs The Great Muta.
Singles Match. Stays the same, it's a filler match.

4) Billy Kidman Vs Shane Douglas.
Strap Match. Stays the same, have them use the strap a lot more with Douglas getting the win.

5) The Filthy Animals (Rey Mysterio & Juventud Guerrera) Vs Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak Vs Misfits in Action (General Rection & Corporal Cajun) Vs Vampiro & The Demon.
Wcw Tag Titles Number One Contenders Four Cormer Elimination Tag Team Match. I would take out Kronik & the Perfect Event and use them later on and add Vampiro, Demon & the Filthy Animals making it a number one contenders elimination match where the winners get a shot the next night. The Filthy Animals get the win eliminating O'Haire & Jindrak.

6) Lance Storm (C) Vs Mike Awesome.
WCW United States Heavyweight Title No DQ Match. I would keep this the same except make it a no DQ match with Storm getting the win in a straight up match with no stupidity solidifying Storms US Title run.

7) Kevin Nash Vs Sting Vs Goldberg Vs Scott Steiner.
Wcw World Title Number One Contenders Fatal Four Way Match. I would add Sting to this making it a fatal four way with either Goldberg or Steiner getting the win and moving onto a title match with Booker T at a later time.

8) Kronik (Brian Adams and Bryan Clark) (C) Vs The Perfect Event (Shawn Stasiak and Chuck Palumbo).
Wcw Tag Team Title Match. I would have these two teams square off instead with Kronik retaining there titles and moving onto the Filthy Animals and having a good longish reign.

9) Booker T (C) Jeff Jarrett.
Wcw World Heavyweight Title Last Man Standing Match. This is their blow off match, with Booker T getting the win and retaining the title and moving onto the next contender.

That's my card for this event, there's still 9 matches, they could possibly trim it down again.