WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives > Cigar Lounge Debator's League
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:03 PM
FromTheSouth FromTheSouth is offline
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ummm, the south (texas)
Posts: 1,753
FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Week 2 - MRC vs. Killjoy

Tastycles will judge. Thread will be open until Sunday. MRC will affirm the topic.

Resolved: Special punishment for hate crimes is an abridgement of the right to a fair trial and the right to avoid cruel and unusual punishment.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Its not a double standard. FTS can do it becuase he is cooler than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2010, 11:15 AM
El Killjoy's Avatar
El Killjoy El Killjoy is online now
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwestern, Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Posts: 3,623
El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...El Killjoy is a United States Champion...
Default

Well, MRC isn't here. I was given the green light to go so I'll go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSouth
Special punishment for hate crimes is an abridgement of the right to a fair trial and the right to avoid cruel and unusual punishment.
OK. First things first. What is a hate crime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia.com
Hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, or political affiliation.
"Hate crime" generally refers to criminal acts which are seen to have been motivated by hatred of one or more of the listed conditions. Incidents may involve physical assault, damage to property, bullying, harassment, verbal abuse or insults, or offensive graffiti or letters (hate mail).
Its a legal name for discrimination or racism on a "law breaking" level. So whats the difference between a regular crime and a hate crime? Well the hate crime revolves around a form of racism. Whether its race, color, age, sex affiliation, etc. For a reason, people believe these crimes need extra punishment. Why?


Killing a woman for money is just as bad as killing a homosexual for being one. You are taking a person's life. It doesn't matter what's the reason, its not right. The person needs to face the consequences. Because it was a "hate crime", the person in question has pissed off an entire social group of people. In the case of the example, the second criminal angered the homosexual group because he killed one for being one. While the first person, who killed a woman for his/her own gain, didn't really do as much wrong? The general public is somehow smaller than the homosexual social group?


I'm not saying that "hate crimes" have lesser importance than regular ones. I'm saying they are one in the same. People shouldn't carry extra punishment to "haters". Because it is exactly what defines a "hate crime".

I've learned in life that "when it comes to discrimination, there is no discrimination". Point being that there will always be racism. An example being "hate crime". Its basically reverse discrimination. You are condemning a person to a to a deeper extent than to others because he/she condemns a certain group of people. You're no better than he/she is if you stoop to his/her level.


I'm not really too well versed in the subject so I'll leave it there for now. As a disclaimer I have nothing against homosexuals. I don't approve but I certainly do not condemn. I have two homosexual co-workers one of my superiors at work is one as well and we get along great. He does piss me off with his antics however.
__________________

#UUYYYYY


Last edited by El Killjoy : 04-09-2010 at 11:19 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 AM
Tastycles's Avatar
Tastycles Tastycles is offline
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Various sofa beds in London
Age: 29
Posts: 3,858
Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles
Default

Mantaur Rodeo Clown

Persuasiveness: You say it worst, when you say nothing at all 0 out of 15

Punctuality: Poor. 0 out of 10

Grammar, spelling, punctuation: Technically, you didn't get anything wrong, but I don't do negative marking. 0 out of 10

On-topic-ness: What topic? 0 out of 10

Quality of responses: Well, lets just get our original posts out first, shall we? 0 out of 5

Total score is 0 out of 50

Riaku

Persuasiveness: Not very persuasive. You defined a hate crime, but didn't really say why it was the same as any other crime. I didn't get an overall conclusion on the topic as it relates to the question. You were not debating whether or not hate crimes are usual crimes, but the punishment of them. It's as if you only did half of the debate. 4 out of 15

Punctuality: You made one post, which was late, but you were waiting, to be fair. 7 out of 10

Grammar, spelling, punctuation: Nothing too obvious. The expression is "one and the same", for future reference. Too many short sentences made it seem disjointed, but on the whole, very good. 9 out of 10

On-topic-ness: You missed ideas about cruel and unusual punishment, but that was marked down earlier. I have absolutely no idea why you started talking about gays in your workplace, but the rest was focussed. 5 out of 10

Quality of responses: None to make, unfortunately. 0 out of 5

Total score is 25 out of 50

Result

I think Killjoy was uncomfortable with the topic, and it did show, but the effort he made was commendable. I think he could have done better, but ultimately he didn't need to.

Killjoy wins by 25 points to 0[/quote]
__________________


WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices