WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > The WrestleZone Tournament Archives > WrestleZone Tournament XI > Rock Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Match?
Batista 26 74.29%
Roman Reigns 9 25.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2017, 09:44 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
Roman Reigns first world title win was used to get the briefcase off of Seamus before 'Mania season came around. Seamus return was the failed expirment there.
Uh huh. Batista's first world title win was the culmination of months of build where he saw through HHH's manipulation and capitalized on his lauded Royal Rumble win.

So... yeah.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
Uh huh. Batista's first world title win was the culmination of months of build where he saw through HHH's manipulation and capitalized on his lauded Royal Rumble win.

So... yeah.
Sorry I should've elaborated.

Reigns first title win was used to get the briefcase off Sheamus.

Let's say that that is the failed expirment you mention.

Reigns then claims the title on the Raw at the start of 2016 I believe it was to drop it a month later in the Rumble. Reigns then gets the same 'Mania moment as Batista claiming the belt off the same guy.

So even if Reigns first title run was a failed expirement he then went on to win the title twice more, showing his evolution into a real world champion.

Reigns learns and he learns quick.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
Sorry I should've elaborated.

Reigns first title win was used to get the briefcase off Sheamus.

Let's say that that is the failed expirment you mention.

Reigns then claims the title on the Raw at the start of 2016 I believe it was to drop it a month later in the Rumble. Reigns then gets the same 'Mania moment as Batista claiming the belt off the same guy.

So even if Reigns first title run was a failed expirement he then went on to win the title twice more, showing his evolution into a real world champion.

Reigns learns and he learns quick.
I think that you and I have had two very different impressions of Roman Reigns.

I get that you agree that Reigns' first title win was poorly executed, but you're of the opinion that he was a victim of circumstance. I'm of the opinion that Reigns failed to justify his status as a world champion, and that he's right where he belongs in a potential feud for the US title.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
I think that you and I have had two very different impressions of Roman Reigns.

I get that you agree that Reigns' first title win was poorly executed, but you're of the opinion that he was a victim of circumstance. I'm of the opinion that Reigns failed to justify his status as a world champion, and that he's right where he belongs in a potential feud for the US title.
I'm just sticking up for the little (big?) guy. The very same thing that tarnished Reigns first reign (lol) was the same thing that tarnished Batistas return.

Daniel Bryan.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Marry me Billie Kay!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...

I love both of these guys, but I'm going to vote Roman Reigns. I have a bit more love for Reigns at the moment. Also, he lives rent-free inside of peoples head.

Quote:
You mean his second one after he beat Sheamus then lost it to Triple H. His third reign brought us great matches with AJ Styles and Rollins before he was suspended.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

We don't have a crystal ball and we can't look into the future. Right now, if we're talking right now; Batista is a bigger name and a more accomplished professional wrestler than Reigns and it really isn't even that close.

Batista, during his prime was arguably the only competition Cena had for being the face that ran the place. Batista was able to beat people like Cena, 'Taker, Trips, HBK, Orton, and many many others. I'll concede that Reigns hasn't had the opportunity to face those specific names, however, the names that Reigns has faced pales in comparison to the ones that Batista faced. Also, Batista was cheered, not booed during his prime. Batista was liked and he's accomplished a hell of a lot more than Reigns has to date.

Vote Batista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:03 PM
...7, 8, Better stay up late...
Million Dollar Champion

nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Roman may well end up more forced than Cena was, but no way will he be as good. Batista was not & people actually liked him until he was pulled into the DB fan vacuum. Roman as he is now would be booked over Dave, because thats how he rolls.

Logic says Batista, yet history has frustrated tons of folks by giving no fucks & putting Roman over.

Deal with it. Roman moves on.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 PM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Reigns is a victim of bad booking, and has been for years. He's made to look strong, but often times not nearly strong enough. He'll defeat the unstoppable Braun Strowman and take Lesnar to the limit, but yet will be defeated by Finn Balor and Samoa Joe. There's little consistency to his booking. Case in point his match with Trips at Mania. The fight didn't match the story line at all. It captured none of the emotion. What the fans want from Reigns is to be an asskicker more than anything else; the type of guy that doesn't talk much and just steamrolls the competition, but yet WWE goes out their way to give him the John Cena treatment. Or the Daniel Bryan treatment. Every treatment but the Roman Reigns treatment. His pushes hardly ever feel natural. Instead they feel awkward and greatly forced.

Batista on the other hand was a natural performer who was given an organic push and exploded. Multiple time world champion and consistently one of the biggest names on the roster. Now he's a big movie star appearing in Hollywood blockbusters.

This is Batista's win.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

Roman Reigns is a victim of his booking. He comes across as cheesy and insincere. He is facing the wrestler here that they should try and make him be more like. Batista was a no-shit powerhouse and he also played the petulant heel to perfection. Reigns may have won the title a couple of times but never as decisively as Batista. Even with the corporate juggernaught behind him, I'm not sure there's anything Reigns does better than Batista. Batista wins.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
Old 03-22-2017, 06:05 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
Mr. Money in the Bank

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I like Roman Reigns. I seriously do. But his booking is sometimes ridiculous and atrocious. He's a good wrestler nonetheless. But I don't think that he should go over Batista as of now.

Batista has been in the most memorable and greatest feud (for me at least) as in Authority against Daniel Bryan culminating at Wrestlemania XXX. So, Batista here.