WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > The WrestleZone Tournament Archives > WrestleZone Tournament XI > Austin Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Match?
Jushin Thunder Liger 15 50.00%
Jeff Hardy 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2017, 12:16 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...

Jeff Hardy is a spot monkey that has occasionally put it all together for solid matches with good spots.

Jushin Liger is a TREMENDOUS worker, one of the best workers ever. Hardy has never had a match close to as good as Liger's best matches.

Liger is an international superstar that revolutionized the sport, headlined the world and gained a following in the United States despite American promoters often pretending nothing happened outside of our bubble.

Liger wins this going away.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

Remember when Liger beat Shawn Michaels? Halcyon days.

Anyway, I don't think there's a wrong answer here, but I'll say this. Liger looks cool and as far as I'm aware is a pretty decent guy. Hardy is an absolute car crash in terms of his personal styling and life choices, but despite that he's been a success. For that to have happened, he must have an incredible level of natural it-factor, and so I think he has to win here. Like I said though, could go either way.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
Old 03-20-2017, 04:04 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Voting is close, so I'll throw my written support for Liger.

I was never on the Jeff Hardy train. In fact, as a kid I always liked Matt better. I voted Liger, mostly due to longetivity. Both guys wrestle a high flying style, but Liger is into his 50s and still going with a similar style. Hardy, who is not yet 40, is noticibly slowing down and likely won't last long in his current style. Sure, he has had a few outside injuries and issues that likely play into that, but Liger for the W.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:58 PM
...7, 8, Better stay up late...
Million Dollar Champion

nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...nightmare is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Damn entertaining is Brother Nero, but he is dealt a black eye here by the much more consistent superhero in Liger. A man who is idolized in his home country, Liger came across the world often to high praise and applause from wrestler and fan alike. The guy is just on another level than Jeff. Still. After all these years, a credible threat to anyone he faces.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

It's a tie, so I'm going to voice my support for Jeff Hardy.

Liger is one of the most solid wrestlers in history, and that's about it. While that might be a huge accolade, he seemed to be kept down in the states by his ability to make any of his other opponents look great.

Jeff had that one moment, but he's an insanely endearing presence in the prowrestling world.

These are two very comparable performers, but I can only imagine one being a main draw no matter where he goes.

Vote Jeff Hardy.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:59 PM
Where's your gold? Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycles View Post
Remember when Liger beat Shawn Michaels? Halcyon days
Jeff has beaten Shawn Michaels as well. I just want people to remember that Jeff Hardy isn't just some flash in the pan guy, he has beaten top guys of this generation. Guys like Michaels, HHH, Edge, CM Punk and Chris Jericho. He's a 3 time world champion, that's not an easy feet for anyone. I think it's a bit more special for Jeff because he carries around a stigma that's like "oh he's a high flyer so he's not really a main eventer". Jeff hardy was the hottest thing in the company when he came back, probably would of had a few more world title Reigns and beaten a few more top guys.

Not denying what Liger has done. He's one of my favourite wrestlers ever, but Jeff is my favourite wrestler of all time and I feel like this is my year to take away that high flyer stigma from him and let him be known as one of the hottest, or the hottest guy and main event player for the WWE for a few years before deciding to leave himself. Opportunities weren't taken from Jeff, so there is no reason to not think he wouldn't of kept going. Getting off track anyways.

Vote Jeff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 03-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'll get my written vote in for Jeff Hardy. I just personally feel like Jeff's reached a higher peak in his career during his prime than Liger was ever able to accomplish. Liger is one of the greatest junior-heavyweight wrestlers of all time, but he never really broke that barrier to become a true main event player. Jeff, at least at one time, was legitimately one of the hottest acts in all of pro-wrestling and has retained his status as a main event mainstay.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 PM
#stopthestonerstigma
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

I love both guys so for me it comes down to longevity at the top and because of that I have to give it to Liger.

He has been one of the top stars in Japan for decades and still gets massive pops when he performs and while Jeff gets big pops I would say more of those are because of his brother.

Both huge stars but Liger just squeaks by for me.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:50 PM
King of the Botches!

stblink is looking to come up from OCW...

I voted for Liger

He is the better overall wrestler.
He is more well known worldwide
Invented the Shooting Star Press
Liger is in better condition even though he is more than 10 years older than Jeff

Not Again! I slipped off the ropes and smashed my face against this metal object