WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-08-2017, 06:34 PM
is finally the
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, The Journey Begins (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: Flows together awesome like single novelesque stories tend to do.

The Storyline: Roland starts his journey for the Man in Black and comes across a town. He saves some people, people die. He also gets laid.

Artistry: pretty modern. A lot different than I pictured reading the novels.

How much I Liked It: I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

Final Thoughts: I picked it up because it caught my eye and I had no idea King had his name on any graphic novels. I'm glad I did though. A must read for any Dark Tower fan or someone new to the series.

My Rating : * * * * * out of 5
Quote:
Up Next
The New 52 Batman & Robin Vol. 4: Requiem For Damian

On Deck
The New 52 Aquaman Vol. 1: The Trench

DareDevil: The Man Without Fear

Civil War: X-Men

Ultimate Spider-Man & The Avengers

^Dave's work^
Latest Reviews/ Spider-Girl: Avenging Allies & Dead Island

Last edited by Frank N Steins_Gate : 03-08-2017 at 06:38 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:34 PM
is finally the
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...

Although I hope everyone is reading each review I decided near the bottom of every page (which for me is 40 posts) I'm going to organize all the reviews I've done since the last one based on the rating I gave. That way people only interested in the rating don't have go through every single post.

5 Stars
Wolverine: Old Man Logan (Marvel)

Civil War (Marvel)

Batman Vol. 7: Endgame (DC)

Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, The Journey Begins (Marvel)

4-5 Stars
Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying (DC)

The Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War (Marvel)

Flashpoint (DC)

Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia (DC)

Batman/Superman: Supergirl (DC)

All*Star Superman(DC)

Batman/Superman: The Search for Kryptonite(DC)

Superman: A Celebration of 75 years (DC)

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 1 (Marvel)

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 2 (Marvel)

3-4 Stars
Batman: A Death In The Family (DC)

X-Men: With Great Power (Marvel)

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again(DC)

Guardians Of The Galaxy (Marvel)

2-3 Stars
The Road To Civil War (Marvel)

Superman Codename: Patriot (DC)

1-2 Stars
Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom (Dark Horse)

Batman '66 Vol. 2 (DC)

^Dave's work^
Old 03-09-2017, 08:46 PM
is finally the
WCW TV Champion

Being almost done with my last batch i went on another library spree and grabbed 10 more. I'm proud of the fact that not one in this batch is about one of the major heros so I get to learn about some of the less well known heros as well as new stories about Batgirl & Supergirl.
Quote:
Spider-Girl: Avenging Allies

Batgirl Vol. 1: Batgirl of Burnside

Batgirl: Silent Running

Gotham Acadamy Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Acadamy

Gotham Acadamy Vol. 2: Calamity

Ms. Marvel: No Normal

Ms. Marvel: Generation Why

Ms. Marvel: Last Days

Ms. Marvel: Super Famous

Supergirl Book One
All of these in both lists are due within a few days of each other so I really don't care what order I do them in. If there's one that's peeked your interest and you want me to review it let me know and I'll do it next.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:29 PM
is finally the
WCW TV Champion

The New 52 Batman & Robin Vol. 4: Requiem For Damian (DC)

How Everything Flows Together: Flows together awesome like usual

The Storyline: rather similar to A Lonely Place of Dying. Robin is dead only this time it's his son Damian. He goes nuts until his friends pull him off the edge.

Artistry: Crisp, modern & clean.

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it immensely. Had i read Vol. 1-3 first i probably would have loved it.

Final Thoughts: something I highly recommend to everyone. You may way want to read the others first though.

My Rating : * * * * 3/4
Quote:
Up Next
Civil War: X-Men

On Deck

Ultimate Spider-Man & The Avengers

Supergirl Book One

The New 52 Batman Vol. 6: Graveyard Shift

^Dave's work^
Old 03-12-2017, 09:12 PM
is finally the
WCW TV Champion

Civil War: X-Men (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: Not as well as others in the Civil War saga. Most of them take place during the Civil War and show how the mutants are handling it but it's a very loose thread tying it all together. The last 2 are dossiers written from the POV of Tony Stark so they could have been left out all together without changing much.

The Storyline: Each title has it's own core story but the it's all within the shadow if the Superhuman Civil War.

Artistry: Each title had a different artist so it varied but nothing was absolutely horrible but it wasn't as clean as i like either.

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it but the different artists and very loose storyline tying it together took me out of the story on occasion.

Final Thoughts: I do recommend it so you can get a different look at the Civil War but it isn't a must buy right now kind of thing.

My Rating : * * * out of 5
Quote:
Up Next

On Deck

Supergirl Book One

^Dave's work^
Old 03-20-2017, 12:42 AM
is finally the
WCW TV Champion

DareDevil: The Man Without Fear (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows awesome as per the usual.

The Storyline: It's basically an origin story for DareDevil

Artistry: Dark & Gritty much like DareDevil himself. Not usually my favorite but it works here

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it alot. If you're a DareDevil fan and haven't read it yet go find it soon. You won't be disappointed.

Final Thoughts: I didn't know what to think going in as I wasn't a big fan. I saw the movie but that's it. I was pleasantly surprised as I was reading this and by the end I was anxiously turning pages to see what happened next.

My Rating : * * * * 1/2 out of 5
Quote:
Up Next

On Deck

Supergirl Book One

^Dave's work^
Old 03-21-2017, 12:35 AM
is finally the
WCW TV Champion

The New 52 Aquaman Vol. 1: The Trench (DC)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows awesome as per the usual even if the way the segued into thr flashbacks were a tad confusing

The Storyline: Ocean bad guys threaten people while humans don't trust or even like Aquaman very much

Artistry: Modern but not as clean & crisp as I've come to expect from the newer ones.

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it but not being an Aquaman fan took me out of the story a bit.

Final Thoughts: It's ok but not a must read unless you're a huge Aquaman fan otherwise you'll probably face the same thing I did, good but overall meh

My Rating : * * *3/4 out of 5
Quote:
Up Next

On Deck

Supergirl Book One

^Dave's work^

Last edited by Frank N Steins_Gate : 03-21-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:30 PM
is finally the
WCW TV Champion

Spider-Girl: Avenging Allies (Marvel)

How Everything Flows Together: It was a bunch of idividual stories so the flow wasn't there like it usually is

The Storyline: The overarching story is May trying to get used to being in high school while taking over for her father (Spider-Man) as a superhero

Artistry: It was made to look like one of those old comic strips in the news paper from the coloring to how the paper it was printed on looked. It gave it a nice old school look and feel to it which was pretty cool

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it. The only small problem I had was the lack of flow between stories.

Final Thoughts: Go ahead and grab this one for a read but unless your a huge Marvel fan in general and a Spider-Man (or Girl) specifically it's not a must read.

My Rating : * * *3/4 out of 5
Quote:
Up Next
Supergirl Book One

On Deck