WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Championship Wrestling > WZCW Network > WZCW TV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-27-2016, 02:33 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Hello everyone! I got some free time and I decided to write the show review. The creative needs a huge round of applause for putting the show up in time. Anyhow this is going to be another critic by me and I apologize in prior to that if some of it comes off harsh.

OPENING SEGMENT – GARTH BLACK CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION

It may not be as good as Dr. Zeus’ title celebration but this was spot on. I still don’t see Garth Black as a heel and that’s the reason why the crowd cheers him too. Though is seemed like a typical classic heel promo, having the top face interrupting, I liked the Mikey’s rage here. He isn’t a goofy guy anymore. You can’t fool around with him and he had proved that inside that Hell in a Cell at Unscripted. He is so determined to get his championship back and I wouldn’t be surprised if he can pull off a win at Lethal Lottery. As much as I love Black being the champion, Mikey also needs an extended title run.

The only thing that bothered me in this segment was, when Mikey mentioned about the Black and White person who ambushed him mid match at unscripted, Garth Black didn’t utter any word. Were those guys Garth Black’s goons? If so, why did they attack Ramparte on Ascension? It’s understandable to the extent that it must be kept as a secret. But I don’t know, personally I didn’t like it.

FATAL FOURWAY

Huge props to Yaz for writing such an entertaining match. Though it was short, it was very entertaining. When the announced 4 participants are faces, I thought this match is going to be boring. But it was fun.

As a show of respect, each man comes to the center of the ring and exchanges handshakes, much to the chagrin of Jack Cohen at the announcer's table.

This made me facepalm, to be honest. But it gave me giggles after reading this one below.

Cohen: Boo! Come on and fight already!

This I would vote as the match of the night. The pace, timing, humour and entertainment! All were in it. I enjoyed this match thoroughly.

EVE TAYLOR – Backstage Segment

Weird relationship angle between Eve Taylor and Mikey Stormrage makes it more weird. Lets see where this one will end. Coming to the point, Eve Taylor doesn’t seem to be in rage after losing her “Shensuken”. She lost her most precious possession and she doesn’t seem to be bothered much. I would’ve made this as an in-ring segment rather than backstage. I’ve been calling for more in-ring segments but it seems like there used to be only one in-ring segment for each show and the rest are put back as backstage segments. If some top star is being interviewed inside the ring or if he/she makes addresses the crowd directly it’ll be more entertaining and exciting than the normal backstage segments.

ANDREW ADONIS & XANDER LEBELLE – Backstage Segment

I fancy this idea of booking Xander as a class act who wouldn’t risk to win his matches. Looking back at his matches, they are all building his characters very well. I should commend the creative for writing his matches without breaking the character. Because his first match against Tony Mancini was written by NSL who did a fabulous job in defining his character very well. Ever since, all his matches and segments were written so perfectly regardless of which creative takes up the task. I’ll discuss more about his in the following segment.

XANDER LEBELLE vs MIKEY STORMRAGE

I wouldn’t say this is one of the best matches written for the show but it was very descriptive. I enjoyed reading this. It didn’t have too much action and the commentators talked a lot throughout the match but it all made sense. This is how you exactly you develop a character.

Cohen’s comments were spot on throughout the match. The description of the match is so good that a Sleeper hold that Xander applied is described through an entire paragraph. It didn’t bore me off. The end was also very good; Adonis pulling his client out of the harm’s way and walking off the match. Good story telling and character building. Just keep continuing, I mean building his character through the next set of shows and it’ll be very interesting to see what he brings to the Lethal Lottery Match.

VANCE BATEMAN – Backstage segment

This segment seemed to be a bit too long. Escpecially because Dave broke the pot on his podcast that there will be two championship matches and two gimmick matches that will feature. And no chance, World Heavyweight championship will be defended in Ascension. That might be the reason why this segment looked a bit long, I reckon.

TAG TEAM ACTION

Normally, I scrutinize my matches very carefully and that’s the reason why I rant about it way too much in my reviews. But this time, I’m not going to rant because Dagger is relatively new in writing matches. So I would like to give him some suggestions.

First thing is, read the characters very well. For instance, in a match that featured Eve and Theron, Yaz did a great job in writing the match that suits the character. I mean, you addressed the grudge between Vee and Titus while writing the match but forgot to see their physique. The match started with Vee using a Fujiwa armbar and Abel gets out of it and hits a second rope double foot stomp. I mean, matches shouldn’t just involve all the moves in the arsenal and signatures. I understood that well while writing matches. Titus hits a hurricarana and then plants a reverse DDT. It was all spot fest but it didn’t even seem like spot fest either. Theree were no chemistry between either Vee and Eve or Abel and Titus. The match was very boring. I know you can do better than this. Read the characters more and write the match is an interesting way.

MAINEVENT

I just have only one point to address here. Veejay pinned Garth Black for three counts but only to see his opponent’s hand under the bottom rope. Garth is a great character, not to say the least he is the Heavyweight champion. Being in the main event doesn’t mean there need to be this spot. In my perspective, this sort of reduced the credibility of the world champion.

That’s it fellas. This is my review for Meltdown Madness. Overall it’s a good show. Fatal Fourway is the cherry on the top. Good show.

Credits: Dave
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Ascension 109

Opening Segment

The opening segment involved Ascension’s General Manager Becky Serra and Vis Imperium. The segment itself was looked as if it was forced. But I understand, right now our top stars don’t have any legitimate feud going on which made you with no choice left to bring in the dominating stable Vis Imperium to open the segment. It makes us wonder why our top stars don’t have a legitimate feud yet. With Lethal Lottery approaching, it’s a bit of a gamble to say who’s our top guy right now. Anyhow, the show should start with a segment and we have Vis Imperium for that. It would be interesting to see who’ll open Ascension next week.

Texas Bull Rope Match – Carmen Bratchny vs Phoenix

Sorry to say this, but this match was tough to read. I’m not sure if it’s because of the confusion between the ropes in the ring or the one which is strapped between the wrestlers. Or is it because of too much metaphors used, this match was tough to read. The commentators do a lot of talking when Dave writes the matches and it always gives the match something special. They don’t make nonsensical comments when Dave uses them. That’s the part I like in this match as well. I never knew who Phoenix was or what sort of legend he is. Because he didn’t seem to win any championships so no way the new fed members are going to know his legacy. But Cohen’s comments made a decent job to tell us the legend he is. One more thing I didn’t like in this match is the description of finishers. I always prefer to mention the move that’s been used. Like “The Collateral Damage, the twisting spine buster”; it gives the reader more comfort to read. At least we know what the top stars move is. But Carmen Bratchny and Phoenix have just returned to the fed, so I didn’t want to go back to the roster section to read about the wrestler and figures out his finishing maneuver. The end of the match was a bit abrupt. Could’ve used a little more stretch to the end of the match.

Three segments on a trot!

This bothers me, really. It might sound repetitive, but I’ve been saying this in every show review that I give. Give more than one in-ring segment. I really want the creative to look into this. At least give me an answer why that idea has not been considered yet. Because this is like the fifth or sixth time I’ve been telling you blokes to add more in-ring segments. Phoenix’s segment could’ve joined with the match like one of the commentators coming up the ring to interview him. There are too many segments and too many posts. I don’t want to write a review without getting some answers for my critics. I’ll accept if you give me a reason.

Then we have Xaitlyn’s and Tony Mancini’s segments. Either one of them could’ve scrapped off. It could’ve been used for something else.

Tornado Tag Match – Constantine & Tyrone Blade vs James Howard & Ramparte

This match was very much exciting, well written and fun to read. It was full of energy. I really loved this match so much. Excellent writing. The announcers were spot on during the ring entrances of the four superstars. Everyone were given equal importance and that’s the best part of the match. Everyone played to their strength and no one overshadowed the other. There were no spot fest and that’s also a positive because this isn’t a PPV match. But it had that quality except for spot fests, which made it very lovable. It’s good to see Ty Burna back with more darkness to his character. Will be interesting to see who he’ll go against first.

Three more segments on a trot!

Again why? This would’ve made more sense. Johnny Klamor waits to interview Ty Burna but when he rejects the questions, Klamor looked stunned. Then Logan walks out to the camera and give his short interview, uninvited. This could’ve accumulated both the segments into one. The perks of one creative member writing majority of the segments will make more sense than these sorts of miscue. The only segment that made much sense was Theron’s. Because his character is getting repackaged so he needs more exposure. Good work on that.

Fatal Four-Way – Blackjack Theron vs Tony Mancini vs Xaitlyn Serpiente vs Logan McAllistar

Spot fest, highly paced and lots of action. That’s what one can write a Fatal Four-way match with. So no complaints about that. I almost forgot Xaitlyn has a manager Brendan Stokes (Wade Barret as his rep image – that’s the best part of his character) because she never seems to use him in her RP. Gino had done a fantastic job in the ring and his character was very well written. But Milenko should’ve acknowledged that in his RP for this round. Shame on you, Milenko. You missed a great opportunity. Talking about the match, it was well written. Proof reading would’ve helped avoiding some errors in the sentences that occurred. All in all, it’s a good match.

Two segments that made sense

Vis Imperium’s backstage segment and Ramparte’s ambush are the two most important segments which were given at the end of the show. I would’ve recommended Dave to write Vis Imperium’s segments. Because the writer tried so much to sound more like Steve Holmes. It’s tough to replicate his and Constantine’s word. The only creative who knows how to sound exactly the same is Dave. It’s not a complaint just a suggestion.

Now it gets more exciting to see who the hollow ones target next. It will be more interesting if to know why they attacked Ramparte. I complained about the hollow ones on Meltdown review, I take that back now and apologize. I loved this segment.

Main Event – Austin Reynolds vs “Remarkable” Mark Keaton

The match was fast paced and it felt like both the stars used at least used 10 or 11 out of their 15 provided moves. I used to dislike it when this happens but not in this match. Because it was sequenced very well and it really kept the match going. Action from the start of the match to the very end. Austin getting a clean win by submission makes him a very strong competitor. This was contradicting to the fact that Garth Black almost got pinned by Veejay on Meltdown. Meltdown’s main event was written by Prophet who’s very new to the creative. The end could’ve been discussed by the other creative heads. This win for Austin Reynolds makes him look very strong whereas Meltdown’s Main Event made Garth a little weak. It should be discussed well beforehand writing.

The show was ended very well with a brief discussion going between Jack Cohen and Cat Conners. Overall the show was very good and all the matches were exciting. Except for the forced segments, this is one of the best Ascension shows. Good work, chaps. Props to the newest creative members as well.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:11 PM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2
Exclamation SCOTT STEINER REVIEWS ALL STARS

APPARENLY SOMEONE DIDNT GET THE MEMO THAT I'M A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH AND HAD ME DIE AND COME BACK AND DIE AGAIN SO I'M GONNA RIP THESE LIMP DICKS A NEW ONE AND REVIEW ALL STARS AT ATLANTIS.

OPENING

YOU ARE A RACIST CRAB RED STRIPE BEER DRINKING PICTURE.

WE SEE AN ALIEN AND A MARY SUE FROM THE WRITER AND THEY ARE PLAYING THAT ANIMAL SLAVE GAME LIKE THE ONE THAT THEY KILL OFF THE BABIES TO MAKE CANDY SO THEY'RE A BUNCH OF FURRIES UNDER THE SEA WHO CRASH INTO ATLANTIS GUESS WHAT THIS WAS REALLY FUCKING ORIGINAL.

JESUS VS. THE UNBREAKABLE TABLE

SACRILLIJUS WRITER FORGOT THAT JESUS WAS A CARPENTER AND WOULD HAVE GRABBED A HAMMER AND BEAT THE WOODEN SHIT OUT OF THE TABLE SO THIS WAS BAD WRITING AND I DON'T WANT TO GO ON ABOUT IT BUT THE LORD IS SMART ENOUGH TO RUIN THE UNBREAKABLE ONE'S DAY SO I DON'T SEE WHY THIS WASN'T JUST A SENTENCE LONG WHOEVER WROTE THIS IS A MORON THAT SHOULD PRAY FOR A BRAIN.

WHAT IS A RICKY RUNN

THE ROAST OF DOUG CRASHIN

I DON'T KNOW WHO ANY OF THESE PEOPLE ARE OR HOW YOU CAN KILL A GHOST BUT I GIVE THIS A PASS DUE TO CHARLTON HESTON. ****

ST. ALKER VS. SUKOSHI MAJO

WHAT

I'M PRETTY SURE THIS RICKY RUNN IS A RAPIST.

THE ALIEN AND THE MIDLIFE CRISIS ARE SMOKING WEED UNDERWATER AND I DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS POSSIBLE.

JARED FOGLE VS. A BABY WITH A SHOTGUN

THIS WAS A REALLY BAD IDEA AND WHOEVER BOOKED THIS SHOULD HAVE HIS HEAD DECAPITATED AND PLACED ON MY MANTLE CUZ I'M THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY AND I KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT BOOTY AND THIS WAS STRAIGHT BOOTY SON DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU NEXT

RAMPOOP IS SELLING WEED AND I'M PRETTY SURE THAT IS ILLEGAL EVEN OFF LAND.

A FAT ASS HIT ANOTHER FAT ASS AND THAT IS CLASSIC STORYTELLING. *****

THE STEP BROTHERS VS. THE TAILED ONE

I DIDN'T READ THIS BECAUSE I WAS TOO BUSY ADMIRING MYSELF IN A MIRROR HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU SWEATY PIMPLE NECKED SCRUBS COULD SAY THAT ABOUT YOURSELVES EH HIT THE GYMS AND DRINK YOUR JUICES.

THE RICKY RAPISTED A MERMAID AND THAT ISN'T OKAY I WOULD HAVE COMPLIMENTED HER TITS THAT'S THE WAY TO A MERMAID'S HEART INSTEAD OF COMMITTED A FELONY.

EVERYBODY IS DRINKING AND BEFORE THIS THEY WERE DOING DRUGS I'M PRETTY SURE WHOEVER WROTE THIS CRAP IS SOME TEENAGE THAT THINK THEY'RE EDGY THEY ROPED GOD AND STEVE AUSTIN IN THIS FAN FIC.

PICTURE OF THE RED SEA TO REMIND THE READER THEY COULD DROWN THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF READING THIS HOT GARBAGE.

DR. ANDERSON VS. BATTI OTAKU VS. EL GENIO VERDE

THIS WAS WRITTEN IN JAPANESE SO I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND EXCEPT JURASSIC PARK GUY WAS IN IT.

BUY SOME MIXTAPE OR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS SEGMENT IS.

BRANDI CONVERTS VS. AN OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY

THERE WAS NO PARTY JUST PUNISHMENT. ***

ATLANTEAN GANG BANG

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO EBEN BEGIN WITH THIS SHITSHOW OF A MAIN EVENT FIRST THERE WAS GOD ASKING THEM TO LEAVE HIM OUTTA THIS WHICH I UNDERSTAND AND A MONKEY ATTACKING THE PAYING AUDIENCE THEN ALIEN PEOPLE LEFT AND THEN I DIED THEN CAME BACK ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE SQUAD WAIT NO I'M STILL DEAD THEN DOUG CRASHIN FROM THE ROAST IS IN THE MATCH FOR SOME REASON AND HE ALMOST BECOMES THE PAPERWIEGHT CHAMPION FOR NO GODDAMN REASON AT ALL UNTIL A CURRENT OUTTA NOWHERE WIPES HIM OUT AND OF ALL PEOPLE MARK FUCKING MADDEN PINS ME WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK I HATE THIS SHOW I HATE ITS READERS AND I HATE REVIEWING THIS PILE OF MONKEY AIDS. -*****

I WON'T BE BUYING THE DVD TO THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 09-16-2016, 03:16 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Ascension 110

The show started in its normal way with the exciting crowd with rather a couple of lameass sign boards. “Once you go black, you never go back”, ‘Marry me Becky” and more importantly, “We are the Hollow Ones”. I was just kidding, I love these details, except black comment of course. The hollow ones should be hyped in one way or another. People shouldn’t forget them and even small details like these are making them so fascinating. I’m really excited to see their debut.

For the second time in a row, Vis Imperium kicks off Ascension and it’s not a bad thing. With Black, Eve, Mikey and Titus all had their matches in Ascension, there’s no other choice than opening the show with Vis Imperium. I would also want to see the creatives take a gamble by opening the shows with hardcore matches. Action upfront! Just a suggestion though.

I enjoyed the entire segment. I’m a fan of Dave and Funkay’s writing. They have a classical style of writing no one can match and I always felt different when someone other than Dave or Funkay wrote Constantine’s or Steve Holmes’ segments. With that being said, I loved this segment which was clearly written by Dave. The most exciting part is, Logan McAllistar confronting the entire stable. What was I saying! This is how you create a star and K Web deserves it. Despite having a mediocre post Apocalypse cycle he has been killing it lately. This gave a lot of credibility to Logan McAllistar as a character. This would’ve happened if he gave a backstage interview or something. I can sense this segment was demanded because of the main event, but still giving a bloke more air time is certainly a good thing to do. This segment made me believe Logan might win the championship the end of the night. Brilliant writing.

Flex Mussel vs Xaitlyn Serpiente

A very mediocre match, I should say. But I don’t mind it because of the segment that followed. I sort of figured either Flex Mussel or Matt Tastic are going to the one to first feud with the Hollow Ones. Flex looks on target today. He was gutted with his friend and former tag team partner Ramparte being ambushed. He wants to avenge them for that ambush.

Cooper – Keaton Backstage segment

Not a bad one. To be honest, Ascension’s 110 segments revolved around a story, to say precisely, around the stable Vis Imperium. Even though Cooper and Keaton had matches against Phoenix and Ty Burna respectively, their main focus is on Vis Imperium. Keaton has to be built in the way how he is built. Because he is a heel whereas Cooper is a face. That has to be explained correctly every time and creative’s have been doing a good job so far. Nice little segment.

Noah Ryder & Matt Tastic vs Vis Imperium

A lazy work to start with, Dynamite. Nah I’m not criticizing the match. It’s just the entrance of Vis Imperium, it felt like you just copied and pasted it from their roster page.

Quote:
“Soon after Abel (with Steve Holmes) soon appears. Whoever is tagging in the match stand united on the stage before making their way down the ramp”
Yup I went back to the roster page and took a gander at it, it was a copy and paste work. It felt so obvious by that “Whoever is tagging in the match” part.

Anyhow let’s talk about the match and the buildup for a possible Matt Tastic feud. This was a classical back and forth match with lots of actions. I really enjoyed it. Nothing bad is to say about the matches as it went really well. Ryder and Matt picking up the win is quite surprising though.

I’ve been wondering who Matt Tastic will feud next and it seems like that will be Noah Ryder. The buildup is slow but essential and I’m looking forward to the blast when the hell breaks loose.

Vis Imperium – Mussel Backstage segment

Good writing. Like I said, the story revolves around Vis Imperium. Steve Holmes’ words, “When Vis Imperium attacks, we leave no doubt that it was us”. This made me believe that there’s going to be some sort of involvement from them during the Main Event.

This segment also focuses on Flex’s potential feud with Hollow Ones which is really good. Flex is the one who retired Showtime! Put on some of the spectacular matches with Titus and then he got lost in the shuffle. I didn’t buy his short-lived feud against Dorian Slaughter. Now he’s back and with a very interesting feud. I wouldn’t mind if he pairs up with Ramparte again. That will refuel the tag division. Cooper-Keaton, Vis Imperium, Cerberus and Hollow Ones. We’ll have four teams!

Phoenix vs Cooper

Good match in the context of writing one after so long years. Like I said before, I have no idea who Phoenix is but the commentators did the job what they were given. I couldn’t know Phoenix debuted in Meltdown 18. Still the match has to be read and refined before getting posted. Remember you told me once to read out my RP loud before getting it posted, that sort of refining had to be done. Other than that it’s a decent work, Lee.

Logan McAllistar backstage segment

A short one and nothing much to say about that.

Mark Keaton vs Tyrone Blades

Prophet has just been in the fed for a month maybe and this perhaps is his second match, I reckon but he is trying to bring something to the table every time. I admire his passion in writing. Ty was referred as The Legend in more than a couple of places. Surprising, because all I had seen in Prophet is gloating about being the G.O.A.T. for beating Ty. I give props for your respect, mate.

I don’t know, because he is your partner, you wrote in a way that both the commentators were on praise for Keaton. Regardless of that, it came out good. Because Ty don’t’ need further ado, it’s the rookie Keaton who needs it. So I liked that part. But if you’re going to go praise on Keaton when he is paired up with another rookie, I would be completely against it. One thing I disliked is, Tyrone yelling, “Tap, boy”. He should be kept in the dark. Just like this, no segment, no words uttered, no remorse for his actions, nothing but wins. But I liked the Super kick and Click-Clock combination. Hype it all you want because Tyrone is darker now!

Main Event

The match was good. Austin is not your stereotypical heel and I didn’t fancy the idea of him winning the match after a low blow. It was clear from his RP that he isn’t doing this on his own interest. He could’ve even won by a roll-up and then followed by an ambush for Logan’s big mouth. Anyhow the show ended well and I would’ve liked to see Cooper Keaton get their hands on Vis Imperium.

I feel like giving show review is important because this is how you get the show the way you liked. I want to the creatives to comment on this at least a little. I have planned to continue my 15 minute podcast every week. If you want something to discuss, ask me on that thread and I'll try my best to answer it.

Last edited by Dave : 09-16-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

KINGDOM COME VIII

A show review.

SHOW OPENING

We have the title of the show, various wrestlers with one liners about the history of the event, it's the biggest event of the season and it's getting the treatment as such with this opening. The theme song plays and the opening segment continues on....until the amazing Kingdom Come VIII poster. Excellent opening.

BECKY ANNOUNCEMENT :

The general manager of Ascention comes out and announces that the battle royal for the number one contender position for the Elite Openweight Title is now FOR that title! Good surprise and use of the double no-show IMO.

Abel Hunnicut vs Auston Reynolds :

What is this TALE OF THE TAPE? Very cool opening for the matches as we get a brief backstory between the challengers. Auston Reynolds entrance....there is none. Why? Even a regular entrance with at least music for Kingdom Come would be better than that. I don't get it. Continuing on...as expected, Reynold's wants a piece of Abel and starts the match quickly. Abel smothers him though with shoulder blocks and boots until we get....

"This is my house!"

...yelled by Abel Hunnicut? It's kind of odd when you think of who yells that in WWE when she gets on a roll. lol. Abel continues the attack after a brief offensive flurry by Reynolds. Then Abel starts getting brutal and vicious on the outside of the ring, fans are begging him to stop and Abel pushes the ref aside while he's checking on the well being of Auston... loved this part.

Both wrestlers continue on in this hardcore affair by showing stunning durability and it came down to a huge spot off of the top of the ladder by Auston for the win. Great ending to a great match.

Quick interview with world champion Mikey Stormrage: I think this was a perfect little interlude between matches showing us who the champion is and the importance of the main event.

Reminder segment of the Hall of Fame Class: Good enough short read, didn't damage any show pacing. Nothing much else to say about it. Well done.

Third segment in a row: The Adam and Steve segment with Vox and Titus Avison. This is a funny segment that I think could have been used later in the show instead of here.

Battle Royal : No offense to the match writer (I'm not sure who it is as I write this) but I disliked pretty much the entire match except the heel tactic ending by Xander. It must be difficult to try and envision what all the competitors are doing at once and try to cut off sections of the action to showcase a spot between two or more wrestlers. I didn't really like Vox's quick elimination to start the match. Then, as much as I disliked Vox's exit, Vee gets a worse treatment, lol. He loses a pushing contest with Xander for his second elimination of the match. Meh.

Xander is left with a nightmare situation as he's left with the remaining powerful women in the match. He gets throttled with three special moves and is out of the match...but not eliminated. (kind of obvious where this was going IMO, a returning win)

After Wren got eliminated, the importance of Kagura vs Batti should have been showcased more, Kagura was once in an intense feud with Ramparte and stole his voice for awhile. Batti should have gone into a rage with the fans behind her for Kagura's past harm on her boyfriend. This one on one should have lasted longer with close near eliminations until the Kagura won.

Xander reentered (as expected) and eliminated Kagura with an assist by Adonis on the outside with the distraction. New Champion!

I liked the ending but overall, I found the match lacked some meat and maybe the opportunity for some more clever spots here and there.

Matt Tastic vs Flex Mussel :

I like Flex Mussel. Just sayin, dig the character, dig the way he's written. Let's go to the fantastic entrances....

Flex Mussel's entrance, first disguised as Matt Tastic's with a painting that he burns with a big flamethrower then his own Flex Letter's. Very cool idea.

Now we have the best entrance I've seen since joining WZCW. It's the new Hall of Famer, the legendary Matt Tastic. Just look at that entrance! It's awesome. If this really is the send off for Tastic then that was a perfect final entrance for him.

The match begins and Flex doesn't take long to showcase his power. During this great match, Flex will work on an injured arm of Matt Tastic. There's not much more to say but Three Flexicutions later and Flex Mussel has knocked off yet another legendary performer in consecutive KC's. It was a well written match, deserving of Matt Tastic and Flex. Well done.

Now, HERE'S where the comedy bit with Vox and Titus would have lightened the pacing a little after that amazing contest. Then on to....

Salvific Knights vs Vis Imperium The tag titles are on the line and we are reminded that this could be the biggest upset in KC history if the Knights can pull it off. The Knights come out on horseback! Cool idea.

This was a fun match and service (deserving) was given to Mancini and Serpiente as they had solid RP's for the round. Auston interferes mid way and we get that moment where that could have been the deciding factor in a Knights win, but alas Vis Imperium win by pinning Mancini. Serpiente grabs a mic and announces she's done with WZCW and wants to thank the fans for....she gets interrupted by an attack by VI, I laughed at that. Jack yells that he loves Mark Keaton.

Fun match.

EVE vs CRIMSON : We get a tape of the tape....but no pictures! GASP! Not a big deal. Celeste (miles before my time) vs Eve (unstoppable force) in a dream match.

In the middle of Eve's entrance, we get some amazing commentary from the three commentators going over the history of both wrestlers. Excellent writing and I loved that Jack Kohen started it, not sure why but it works really well.

Then Celeste's entrance and more build up from commentary with history slices thrown in. Very good writing and really felt like an important match was about to take place. Whoever wrote this (unsure at this time who wrote the matches) really understand the importance of commentary presentation before a big match.

Then the match itself. Just fantastic, I can't put in into words how you guys come up with this stuff. Very good match, not a thing I can say wrong with it. Excellent stuff.

Vis Imperium segment with Labelle :

Regular segment, with Labelle and Adonis coming into the VI locker room.

Here's my deal with this segment: This could have been used (or scrapped) at Meltdown or just kept off of the show. Vis Imperium and Mark Keaton were used quite a bit when it was all said and done, looking at the big picture. I feel really spoiled about Keaton's use at KC but this segment could have been replaced to spotlight somebody else. VI Keaton used in the tag match, he's used here in the segment, then he's attacking Tyrone Blades with Constantine (for whatever reason) after the Tyrone vs Black match. Then Keaton's used again as he's sticking his nose in the main event of the night by trying to get a cheating type win for Cooper. See what I'm getting at here?

If I had to replace this segment, I'd have Batti running into Theron Daggershield backstage getting ready for his big match with Titus. Then you could have a very amusing back and forth and there's your segment.

Tyrone Blades vs Garth Black: Great match between two superpowers here in WZCW. As Dave has eluded to in his podcast, these were the best two RP's of the KC show and they got the treatment they deserved with this fantastic match. One slight pause with this match though....it really could have used spoiler tag three counts to fool the reader at bit more. The 1....2....3-NO ! Kind of ruins the moment when you start getting towards the mid-way point of the match instead of 1.....2......
Click for Spoiler:
3!!! NO!! He kicked out!!
See what I mean, leaves a little unknown in there. Just a small spoiler for it. Even though the spoilers at the end of the match were used to perfection. Maybe one or two for earlier pins too. Plus maybe a little interference from his pals would have helped Tyrone Blades a little? Do they not have his back or what?

Anyway, excellent match otherwise with a
Click for Spoiler:
VIS IMPERIUM
attack on Tyrone Blades when he called out Banks after the match. Did Banks send out VI or did they act on their own? Who knows, maybe we'll find out on Meltdown! Anyway, another fantastic match, don't know how you guys come up with this stuff. What a show!

Titus Avison vs Theron Daggershield : This is a match I was probably looking forward to the most, besides the main event. Titus Avison has shined that Eurasian title and brought it so high that you can argue that it has more importance to it now than the World Title. Who can topple this man?! With Blackjack be able to stop him?

We get two great entrances from both wrestlers. Again, I can't crtique anything with this match. Really fun and full of fun spots, like the possible ruination of Titus babies. Titus smacking Blackjack's girlfriend with a chair and the Critical Hit off of the top of the ladder to name a few. The ending may have lacked a big wow-type ending but it worked for the story that was being told in the match.

That damn Titus Avison wins again!

Stormrage and Matt Tastic:
I liked it, this was a moment that needed to happen and at this point in the show it's a good send off for Stormrage heading towards the main event of the night. I don't know the exact history between the two, outside of Live Mas and they fought each other when Live Mas ended and remained close friends for the longest time until the mid point of this season...but it was a feel good moment that needed to happen after Titus Avison pissed off the crowd.

Mikey Stormrage vs Justin Cooper: Main Event:

We get the build up, amazingly done. I mean AMAZINGLY done. What a story told before the main event has even started! Then we move on to Justin Cooper's BAD ASS entrance with his death machine. (though I don't feel his entrance music is a good wrestling type song or that it fits Cooper's character. That's just my view. )

Then we get shitty Mikey Stormrage....joking. Stormrage walks to the ring and steps over the war machine, holding his title high, that was a nice touch.
He calls Keaton a fuck boy and the crowd react by calling Keaton a fuck boy, I laughed.

I mean what a main event, throughout the match, Keaton helps Cooper by putting his feet on the ropes, tripping up Stormrage ect, ect. A feel good moment where Keaton throws the title and Cooper refuses to cheat with it and fight Stormrage fair and square. Keaton interferes again but is GAME OVERed out of the match. Cooper hits Stormrage with his finisher and wins the title. Amazing match writing. I felt really bad for Stormrage after it was over as Cooper looked to shake hands with him but saw him dejected and walking away from the ring.

Not sure why Matt Tastic didn't run out and help his old friend and former Live Mas compadre, I was fully expecting that to happen as I read the match. Ah well....

In closing. Absolutely fantastic show. Congrats to all involved and I can't thank you enough for entertaining me with this creative masterpiece.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Like I said before, I felt like owing a show review to you chaps. The entire work was so very organized. All the three shows were very well organized and it’s quite obvious that how much work you had through for this. The coordination is something I need to applaud here. The entire show made me felt like written by one write. That’s how great the coordination between the creative members.

I would like to appreciate the guest writers as well for their brilliant works. I’ll write detailed review below about the matches you wrote. Cyberpunk or Milenko whoever it’ll be the next creative member, you need to write the shows to the same rhythm how the others guys are doing. I hope you’ll succeed in your quest.

Now coming to Meltdown 137 (though Jack Cohen announced it as Meltdown 133), the show was opened with Eurasian Champion Titus. It was a well written segment. The promo really would’ve attracted a lot of heat from the crowd even among the real audiences. Such was the class in it. Full credit to Lee for putting such an effort in writing such a classy segment. It was even better that what I’ve read in your RPs.

It was surprising that Justin Cooper didn’t get the spotlight after winning the Heavyweight Championship in the grandest stage of them all. In fact, he didn’t even feature either in Meltdown or Ascension. What about Mikey Stormrage? Why wasn’t he even mentioned in the show? He was the one who needs to get a redemption after his loss. I’m not against Titus opening the Meltdown, the first show after Kingdom Come, but I miss the grand celebration. Last year, Dr. Zeus, along with his stable, marched down to the ring in a chariot (If I remember correctly) to make an amazing opening segment. This opening segment is no less brilliant than anything else but the spotlight should be on the guy who had won the Biggest Prize in the Main Event of the Biggest Event, shouldn’t it?

Perhaps, you blokes wouldn’t have wanted to do customary opening segment on the first Meltdown after Kingdom Come. Anyhow, this is my verdict and what I would’ve loved.

Logan McAllistar – Johnny Klamour Segment

I really feel sorry for Logan McAllistar. I’ve been voicing to push new members and give them more Television time whenever I write a review. Everything came very fruitful for Logan. It was him who had sort of messed up everything. K Web consistently no-showed on every alternative shows heading into the Kingdom Come and had no momentum heading into this match. I reckon, he’s just making it hard for the Creative members to push him. Because he was a character many had invested on but it was so very unfortunate that he fell off the ladder. I just hope he would come back strongly after these loses.

Wren vs Callie Clark

I could see Dagger put a lot of effort in writing this match to compensate with the unfortunate way of writing the Battle Royal at Kingdom Come. I wouldn’t blame him though, because it’s always going to be tough to write a multi-man match. Especially, when it’s a battle royal. Considering Dagger was relatively new in writing matches (He’s a brilliant writer but he still is relatively new to write matches, I think), he put a lot of effort in writing this match.

The match told the story. I always liked when the story from the roleplays are brought into the shows. Dagger was brilliant in a way that he had done that. Both during entrance, post-match celebration with her sister or when it was the commentators, the story was there.

The match sort of ended abruptly. I don’t know if it’s just me who’s feeling this or many matches in both the shows doesn’t end up in a smooth way. Likewise, this match ended a bit abruptly. Dagger should’ve focussed more on the closing moments of the match because that’s where the readers will be so excited at. It is the part where more care has to be taken. Other than that it was a solid match to open the show.

Vee – Cooper Interaction

I was totally surprised by this segment and by the opportunity that I got against Prophet. Honestly, it wasn’t just once but a plenty of time I wanted to gloat about beating Justin Cooper in my RPs. So when I read this segment I really had to go back to my previous RPs if I had done that.

It’s great that the creative members do remember the past, even about Vee A.D.Z. who has yet to break the glass ceiling. It really is a great opportunity for Vee. Like I said, I’m quite surprised. But I’m glad at the same time. I was very happy for facing Kagura last round because Ech is such a fine writer and I had to work really hard to write a RP against Kagura. This round I’m facing the World Champion and I won’t complain. I’ll take this as a credit to put more effort in my next RP.

Vee A.D.Z. vs Kagura Joheki

I’m rather quite confused with the way how this match ended. I didn’t think I would win after reading Ech’s RP. It had a classy story! But I didn’t think I’d end up in an embarrassing loss. I don’t know if it’s part of the story or just I didn’t write a good RP, I’ll just take the loss and try to be better in my next RP. The match hadn’t had much to talk about, to be honest. There was no offense or defence involved. The match just started… and ended.

But the segment beforehand ended with Copeland advising Vee to focus on his forthcoming match and the ended with again Copeland acknowledging the same might’ve been the reason why he lost. What I want to say here is the coordination in writing. The segment was written by Prophet and the match was written by Lee but the idea behind both weren’t too distinct from each other. The whole show had this coordination, except for the few mishaps which I’d point out later.

Logan McAllistar vs Vox

I’m not surprised by Vox taking the win here. He’s an interesting character and he’s getting build up nicely by his entrance promo. If it was Milenko who had written that promo, then I would really give him huge props. The match had the story, as Logan would look at the direction of where Hayden and Brittany would be, before passing out. But it looks a little dramatic. Not dramatic as Flex cried while having Showtime locked in a Bear hug, last year at Kingdom Come but it was a bit dramatic. If you really want to be a good creative member, you need to think out of the box.

I’d recommend you to go back and look at the matches NSL and Funkay had written in the past. Every match would tell a story. NSL was the one who made the whole Xander Lebelle Character more interesting than it really was. The way he uses the NPCs are just brilliant. And Funkay is a brilliant writer. He can write matches in a special way that very few can do. Take a look at the match written by Killjoy at Ascension, Batti vs Adonis. Adonis didn’t even have any moveset but still he wrote a very detailed match, quite cleverly, and made it look believable. If you want to be a good creative member, you need a lot of work to do, mate. The match was good anyhow.

By the way, please use the proper punctuations when you write. It’s really hard to read at times. And you need to polish the way you write the Commentators as well.

Tyrone Blades backstage segment

It was a bit predictable when Blades searches for Mr. Banks and Bateman tries to explain he wasn’t here. It was a bit obvious that Mr. Banks is going to appear, later in the show. This segment looked a little unnecessary as we all knew Mr. Banks would appear on the show later anyhow.

Tyrone Blades Vs Phoenix – Loser Leaves Town Match

Woah but this was quite unexpected. Though, it was predictable that Phoenix is going to get fired, I didn’t think this is how the way it’d end. The match and the entire segment was written so brilliantly. The unpredictability of the predictable situation is what made this segment the best one of the show. I really enjoyed reading it. As far as I’ve known, Phoenix is a legendary character and he deserved such a good exile and it was delivered properly. Well done, Dave.

Eve Taylor Backstage Segment

It was a bit baffling about Eve Taylor’s future ever since she lost at Lethal Lottery but now it’s clear that she’s having her eyes on the Heavyweight Championship. I like the way how this is going. Flex had shown his intentions in challenging for the Heavyweight title and we got Eve Taylor here and there is Mikey Stormrage who’d be waiting for his rematch. It’ll be interesting to see a whole new set of people fighting for the Main Event spot. Though, they have been touted as the future Main Eventers, it still looks quite fresh.

The show so far had gone great, despite missing many top stars. The way each segment and show written was very well and I had to say that.

Eve Taylor vs Titus Avison

Another well written match to end the show. Titus never had a big win in non-title matches, not a lot, as far as I’ve seen but when it comes to PPV, he is on another levek. Now he’ll be against Kagura Joheki and it’ll be interesting to see if Kagura can halt his elaborate run as the Eurasian Champion. When I came to WZCW, Kagura just had lost her Elite title (If I remember correctly) to ElagAnt. Since then, she hadn’t been on the title scene except for the King for a Day at Last Kingdom Come. It’s quite fascinating to see what might can happen in the next set of rounds.

WZCW are sort of in a spot of bother in this round with 4 or 5 big names missing from the cards and 2 no-showed and still the entire show was very enjoyable to read. Like I said before, it was very organized and it was complete.

I had almost finished reading Ascension as well but hadn’t read Aftershock. I’ll be giving review for those shows tomorrow, if the time permits.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:57 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ascension 115

Favorite Match: The main event featuring Mikey Stormrage, Flex Mussel and Garth Black. It was the best match of the night. The fast-paced action made it feel like a very important match. Like it had major implications for each competitor. Kudos for writing this very good match.

Favorite Segment: The opening segment. Making Garth Black face Justin Cooper in a Last Man Standing match will prove who's better without any shenanigans as complained by Garth Black. I thought that it would be an I Quit match, since that will need the competitor to utter "I Quit" themselves. But now, Last Man Standing looks much better.

Some Pros: Giving Vee A.D.Z a segment to talk was much needed considering that he was on his way to face the World Champion. So, that's a good idea. Giving a short segment to Xander was another as he's the exclusive Ascension champion. I would've liked him to speak but Adonis was enough. Commentary was quite good except some very very minor flaws.

Some Cons: I have been seeing it for a while but why to make a babyface tap out or lose due to submission? I maybe wrong but I thought that babyface tapping out or losing due to submission was very rare and special. I didn't get Tony submitting as a face. Next, I think that the last two segments weren't the right way. I mean, first Garth Black attacks Cooper and takes the belt. And in next segment, he comes out again for his match. I would've liked something in between these two major segments as it made no sense to Black to go and then come back. That's all.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Meltdown 138

Favorite Match: The main event indeed. The EurAsian Championship match between Titus Avison and Logan McAllister. Very good match. A PPV level match for sure. The storytelling was good and the submission loss actually made sense after Titus' repeated attacks on the the leg throughout the match. There was some significant no-selling as well but it's just a nitpick.

Favorite Segment: All segments were indeed very good. The opening was good enough to make crowd boo Titus even more. The beatdown of Mikey Stormrage was another good. But my favorite was Titus getting frustrated by Kagura at backstage. It indicated that Kagura could defeat Titus if she can frustrate him and make him lose his patience. The tease of someone in the room of Banks was good as well.

Some Pros: Again the same with Ascension. Segments for the challenger and champion is always good. They should be the core for focus. Commentary was even better with zero flaws.

Some Cons: I didn't get the lack of World Champion on this show. Isn't Meltdown the flagship show? Other than that, I would've preferred a pinfall loss for Wren. That's all.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:16 AM
#WheresHangman?
Million Dollar Champion

The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Figured after that Ascension I'd throw out a show review for you guys since you asked for it. I'm not sure if I'll have anything to say that would be helpful but we'll see.

Opening Segment:
I won't say much on this because I feel I'll be a little bias towards a segment with my own character but honestly this was really well done, made The Clarks out to be the bitches they are and made Batti feel like even more of an underdog and really was a good way to set up the title match in the main event. Also I didn't pick up on the Carrie reference until it was mentioned but that was good.

Fatal 5 Way Turned Triple Threat:
At first this confused me and then I realized there was 2 no shows in this match and the change to the match made perfect sense. I got a little chuckle at Bandit's antics as well. As for the match itself it was short and nothing worth remembering but it gave Studd a good showing at least. And a short match on a show with a few long matches isn't terrible.

Eve Taylor Interview:
This was a really strong segment for the Eve character, it showed how determined she is to win the tournament. The part where Eve said something about if her words don't matter then why's she even being interviewed was a good way to show Eve's frustration with Stacey.

Mancini/Vos Segment:
I'll be honest I just found this a little weird, Mancini hyping himself up in the mirror just felt a little odd but maybe it has something to do with me not knowing much of anything about the character. But either way this really didn't do anything for me, except for a chuckle at Vox collecting money. The name of the fund he was collecting for got a kick out of me.

Wren vs Flex:
Another fairly short match and pretty one sided. I know that Dagger is working on improving at writing matches and credit to him for owning up to it, but it would really be a good idea to have a little more back and forth action here. The one thing I will say is it's not as big of a deal to have this be slightly one sided considering Flex is a heel and he's the #1 contender to the World Title, as this made him look really strong going into his match with Cooper.

Constantine Interview:
A short little interview just establishing why Constantine is done being part of VI, nothing wrong with that. When he gets to fight them it's going to be a hell of a showdown.

Eve vs Tastic:
This was the 2nd best match on the show (nothing beats that main event) and it was hard fitting, fast paced and kept me entertained throughout. The stupid wanker line was funny, as was them fighting onto the fat fans. Eve has got a nice story going in this tournament and if she won it there's a great story to be told there. I'm rooting for her.

Tastic Interview:
Short, sweet, and to the point. Tastic getting his hands on Keaton at Gold Rush makes perfect sense.

Mancini vs Constantine:
Short match but decent enough. Wasn't Xaitlyn face before she left? I could very well be missing something but it felt odd to have her cheating here. Other than that there's not much to say here.

Hall Of Fame Segment:
God this was good. This was just such a good scumbag heel move by Cooper and the brawl at the end was some fun chaos. The only thing I didn't like about this was I was confused by all the crossed out text, was that supposed to be something being said as the mic was cut out? This also served as a good way to build up Flex vs Cooper more.

Elite Title Match:
It's already been said but this match was fantastic. The story with Callie working the leg and both of them throwing everything they had at each other was great. The false finishes were good as well, when I first read this I thought it was over when the Kawaii Kick was hit. A great end to a good show.

One thing I would like to point out is almost every match on this card had a fast start to jump start the matches. That's fine sometimes if it fits the story and maybe it did for every match here but it doesn't work well if it happens all the time. Go for a slow pace sometimes to start with a lock up, or a heel playing mind games, just variety is a good thing.