WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-15-2017, 05:19 PM
WWE Women's Champion

harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...harrythem is looking to come up from OCW...

Would've loved the Bulldog to be world champion but, honestly, his legacy didn't need it. There isn't a hope that any uk wrestler can match his level of popularity. I'm more peeved he's not in the HOF yet as his career warrants it. I can only assume they'd be looking at putting the bulldogs in as a team and, for that to happen, they'd def want Dynamite dead first as there's no way you can trust him not to say something awful
Old 02-16-2017, 02:51 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli31 View Post
Dynamite was ALOT smaller than Davey. Dynamite was 5'8, Davey was 6'3 260 just bu virtue of size alone Dynamite was an innovator and a pioneer. Guys Dynamite's size did not get pushes much less main event matches. His blend of superior athletic wrestling combined with his intense in-ring demeanor is what gained him a reputation and put the Bulldogs on the map. Make no mistake Dynamite was the alpha in the relationship. He was the leader and the innovator. Davey Boy learned from Dynamite.

Davey was not 6'3. He was more like 5'10. He is a little shorter than Bret Hart who walks around at 6'0.
WWE always inflated heights (and weights) to make wrestlers seem more larger than life

Daveys body mass was bigger than Dynmaites obviously, peaking at 270 lbs in the early 90s... however many people forget that Davey was a slightly smaller more agile 245 in the mid to late 80s. He was a cross between a high flyer and a power guy ..... though by the 90s he was more the power guy with the huge physique to maximise his solo career push (and his earnings)

Last edited by Goldie : 02-16-2017 at 02:55 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:50 PM
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...LBGetBack scored a win over Santino Marella...

I just never looked at Bulldog as a champion type guy. He could put on great matches and was physically imposing. But he just never seemed to really click as anything more than a mid card guy. And that's ok. He was a very good mid carder.

Maybe part of it is that he was never around for long enough. He was around from like 1990-1992 in his first solo run, but even within that 2 year time it seems he would disappear for weeks or longer at times. Could be wrong but that's how I remember it. Then he came back in mid 1994, but I don't remember him really wrestling much until '95. It just never really felt like he was "all in".
Old 02-20-2017, 08:19 AM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Davey's best shot at the title of the 3 would have been the first one against Diesel. At the time he had just turned heel and was the best heel the company had at the time as Yoko was at the very end of being relevant and Mable was a flash in the pan in 95. WWE was still invested in face Diesel at the time so Davey missed his chance there. This would be his best shot as by the end of 95 Bret got the title to set up the Mania 12 match against Michaels. by the end of 95 Shawn was positioned to be the top face and Bulldog was not the guy to begin that title reign against. So there was really no shot for him to beat Bret. Then his last shot against Shawn was early on in Shawn's reign and not only was there a lot invested in him, but they needed to establish Shawn as the huge face with Bret gone and Taker using 96 to get himself to that point in 97.

As some have mentioned here the absolute best time for Bulldog to have had a title reign would have come in 93 had he not gotten fired. It would have made too much sense once Bret got the title in the Fall of 92 to have him in a program with Bulldog at some point after their program that culminated in the classic we got at Wembly. If Bulldog is still around maybe the company doesn't go as hard as fast as they did with Yoko which could have positioned Bulldog for a run with the title at some point in 93.

All American Boys
Old 02-21-2017, 03:00 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrythem View Post
Would've loved the Bulldog to be world champion but, honestly, his legacy didn't need it. There isn't a hope that any uk wrestler can match his level of popularity. I'm more peeved he's not in the HOF yet as his career warrants it. I can only assume they'd be looking at putting the bulldogs in as a team and, for that to happen, they'd def want Dynamite dead first as there's no way you can trust him not to say something awful
Though it would be great for the Bulldogs to go in the HOF.... Daveys solo career merits it anyway. He was an upper midcard guy for most of the 90s.
He really was instrumental in getting the WWE over in the UK in the early 90s when Sky started broadcasting it.

Summerslam 92 was his defining moment... when he wins the title I don't think I've seen a crowd pop like it! 80,000 at Wembley stadium!
Old 02-22-2017, 05:46 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
Though it would be great for the Bulldogs to go in the HOF.... Daveys solo career merits it anyway. He was an upper midcard guy for most of the 90s.
He really was instrumental in getting the WWE over in the UK in the early 90s when Sky started broadcasting it.

Summerslam 92 was his defining moment... when he wins the title I don't think I've seen a crowd pop like it! 80,000 at Wembley stadium!
Agreed but his career is also so bound up in Owen etc... that they just can't.

I can genuinely see them holding him back as a leverage/way to get Martha to allow Owen in, either for their team or as part of the whole faction of the Hart Foundation.... "It's not JUST about Owen, it's about Davey, Brian...their kids deserve it too..." dick move, but one I could see them using.