WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Best secondary semi-star of the Original nWo incarnation
The Giant 2 14.29%
Syxx 4 28.57%
Buff Bagwell 3 21.43%
Scott "Flash" Norton 1 7.14%
Konnan 0 0%
Curt Hennig 3 21.43%
Brian Adams 0 0%
"The Disciple" Brutus Beefcake 0 0%
"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2017, 05:21 AM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless1 View Post
he was able to take quite a beating. And consistently too!
But @relentless1, Vincent was mainly a manager most of his time with the nWo, so he's not on this list. Hogan, Nash, Hall, Savage and Bischoff were the key players for the Original nWo. Giant, Syxx, Bagwell, Norton, Konnan, Hennig, Adams, Beefcake and Steiner were just role players for the Original nWo.

And sure, Bischoff is a manager just like DiBiase, Vincent, Elizabeth, Rude, Spicolli and Dusty, but only Bischoff stood out more over the long-term than the others, and especially if Bischoff had more value than the worthless Vincent.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:40 AM

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Hennig turning on the 4 Horseman at the PPV was priceless. Great moment for sure.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:11 AM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
he was able to take quite a beating. And consistently too!
Absolutely! Don't know why my post was deleted. Vincent was around for a long time..he joined pretty early on. And he absolutely served a purpose, in taking those ass whippings.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

No idea why I'm the only vote for Scott Norton yet, but trust me when I tell you that the inclusion of Scott Norton gave the nWo its enforcer - an imposing, internationally recognized gravitas than few other superstars outside of WWF-bound Big Van Vader gave them.

I've often referred to Norton as the best wrestler to never win a major American World Title. He took an even greater back seat with the folks in WCW and the nWo at the time, but his participation in the nWo made that organization stronger and scarier - perhaps at the expense of himself.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:36 AM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Norton was a huge boon for the nWo... eps always been one of my favourites, but he didn't really come into his own as a destroyer until 1998 really. I wish he has been pushed as an nWo enforcer for real, he'd have made a great TV or US champ at some point
Old 02-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Future Endeavored

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Norton was a huge boon for the nWo... eps always been one of my favourites, but he didn't really come into his own as a destroyer until 1998 really. I wish he has been pushed as an nWo enforcer for real, he'd have made a great TV or US champ at some point
Scott Norton wasn't really one of the nWo's top guys. He was the top guy only for New Japan when he was the IWGP Champion in 1998, and that was when he had the shaved head buzzcut thing instead of the long hair he chopped off mid-year. Norton wasn't all that great as far as his role and potential trajectory goes, but you also can't kick him out of the nWo either. It's like, WCW didn't know what to do with a guy who alternates time between WCW and Japan frequently rather than a full-time WCW performer.