WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Interactive > Digital Arts and Graphics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...

Holy return from the dead. This section is quiet...a little too quiet for my liking. So, I've got some Photoshop work I need to do in the coming weeks, so I figured I'd work off the dust and clean out the cobwebs and what so forth. So here's what I came up with!

Click for Spoiler:

I've been digging Bad News Barrett as of late and figured hey, why not start with this guy. I focused on trying to combine elements from my two favourite previous pieces (the Bryan "Strong-Link" and Big E. ones). This isn't as polished as either of those, but it did work for what I wanted. A lot of this involves duplicating Wade's face over and over and setting it to different shades, burns and layer modifications. Then I tried to do the text just as I did to Big E., but man it just looks a little odd. I guess that's what happens when you're out of the game so long. Not bad, not great.

Click for Spoiler:

I saw this image of the Shield on WWE's website and thought "that's pretty bad-ass". I figured some basic image manipulation would make this pretty fun. So really all this is a thin layer of blue, some grimy stock image for the background, a stock image to add the light and what not and topped it off with the tron image that Shield have (you know the one, with the three headed dog). It's a simple piece but pretty fun.

Click for Spoiler:

Here's my favourite of this batch. Cesaro's looked awesome as of late, golden even. So I put on a golden theme. I was going to layer it up with shadows and gradients and masks and all that gimmicky stuff but then I did a couple of simple settings changes (Soft Light on Cesaro onto a gritty background with a golden Overlay) and it just clicked. Either side looked a wee bit empty so I got one image of the Swing on the left, one of the Neutralizer on the right. Both were Overlayed or Soft Lighted (I forget which) and it looked real solid. Added the text just to top it off. Really happy with this.

Click for Spoiler:

I have no idea where this came from. I know who Sam Peckinpah is. I asked for a box set of his films for Christmas. I got it. I still haven't watched any of them, so why I put his name into the song Wrecking Ball is beyond me but I did and it gave me a chuckle. This is a more by the numbers bit with three images blurred, erased, burnt and smudged. It's simple, it's clean and I quite like it.

But I'm fed up tooting my own horn. What do you guys think? Any feedback is welcome and appreciated and if you're interested in a sig, drop me a PM and we can talk about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:46 AM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...

Well, I've been fiddling round with Photoshop again. Most of these are cases of layer and blending changes along with pasting in some grungy backgrounds and bokeh effects or in Joe's case a scene from the original Godzilla and in Eddie's case some clouds.

Let me know if you like em, if you have any advice on how to make my work better and the like. And if you have any requests, just message me and I'll see if I might be able to work something up for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

That's nice.

Only complaint that the names of the wrestlers are overblurred except Eddie's.

Everything else is good. I am no expert but I do like these.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:10 PM
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion

Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

The blurring on the text is fine for my money. You don't want the text to be too over=powering in a piece of work like these. You have come on remarkably well since your last work. The Eddie and AJ pieces are brilliant, mate. Some fine, fine work.