WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-28-2016, 10:19 AM
I am the
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S#cial Sector View Post
When you think about it, Christianity is a sin itself. Jesus Christ sought to end religion, and his biggest message was to be yourself. Christianity means to be Christ-like, which would make you far from being yourself if you're spending everyday to be like Christ. The way I see it, everyone has their own beliefs in life and we're not going to change that. No amount of mass murders, religious intolerance, or anything is going to change that. It's not our place to tell people who they should worship (if anyone at all), who they should love, what they should where, or what they do to their own body as long as it's not causing self harm. I don't see how people can't grasp that concept. But like I said, let them be them.
Technically, Christianity isn't about religion, it's about having a relationship with God through Jesus. Being Christ-like doesn't necessarily mean to not be yourself, it's to strive to be as sinless as Jesus. That in and of itself is unattainable, but the key word is strive. It's also not about telling people who to worship. A lot of so called Christians get this mixed up. You don't take your faith and shove it down peoples' throats, you tell them the gospel and the rest is up to them. Our job as Christians is to spread the gospel, not beat people into believing as we do. Me personally, if you ask me, I'll tell you what I believe and why but if you don't, then I won't. Live and let live I always say. What people do is up to them. God gave us free will for a reason. We have the choice to follow Christ or not.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:10 AM

Stonz is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerandterry View Post
It sounds like his problem may not be hypocrisy, it may be a guy who doesn't like the fact his daughter is a lesbian so he uses any bullshit argument he can think of. There's a very good chance he's not hypocritical but simply ignorant (which in my opinion is much worse). Alot of people who quote the bible really have never taken the time to actually read it, absorb it, understand the context in which it was written, etc. Most Christians I've met never actually read it, they've just heard others preach it, they hear certain things they like (such as homosexuality is a sin) and because it's in the bible (supposedly) they feel they have a leg to stand on when they don't really know. Religion is dangerous when people blindly follow which is more often than not the situation with religion due to various reasons. I'm guessing there's a good chance their dad falls into that category and uses the bible to back up his point, completely oblivious to the other 2000+ pages. At the end of the day it's just a bad idea to use a holy book to justify how you feel. The answer never should be "because the bible says so" which is why this war against homosexuality is beyond ludicrous. Religion isn't meant to be a history book, it's supposed to be a guide to live a better life, it's not meant to be taken completely in context. That what it's all about, be a good person, do good things and you will be rewarded in this life and the next, there's nothing good about bashing gays and lesbians and to suggest otherwise is just plain wrong.

All in all I don't have an issue with the father drinking and getting tatted up while quoting the bible but I have a big issue with using the bible to justify being an asshole to his daughter. I don't care who you are, there is no justification for that.
If I'm doing this right, because I'm relatively a new poster, I appreciate this comment. Have I read the Bible from cover to cover? Hell no! Do I believe it all? Nope

I come from the background of this: I don't judge anyone, unless they are an asshole. If you're good to me, I'll be good to you. If you're an asshole, then you are on your own.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote