WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Hall of Fame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

i want to see shane douglas's reaction to anyone from ECW going into the hall of fame....

does anyone remeber how Extreme championship Wrestling started in 1994 anymore?

the Five Moves of doom?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:33 PM
#stopthestonerstigma
WCW TV Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
i want to see shane Douglas' reaction to anyone from ECW going into the hall of fame....

does anyone remember how Extreme championship Wrestling started in 1994 anymore?
Douglas is a hack who will never get into the HoF.

If someone even bothered to interview him he would more than likely say it should be him getting in and how it's everyone else's fault he's being kept out because he can't admit he's never been good or worth a damn in any promotion.

And ECW started when Douglas threw down the NWA Championship right after winning it.

ECW: One Last Stand
Latest Review: Crossed Vol. 3
Next: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
Old 12-23-2015, 09:17 PM

ghost94 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Sandman. Just too fucking over not to be HOFer.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:00 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

When I think of ECW, I now think of it in three parts. Each part has at least four Legends that should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Paul Heyman's ECW

Shane Douglas
The Sandman
Raven
Taz

These are the 4 Faces of ECW. They were on top of the Extreme mountain the longest.

Stephanie McMahon's ECW

Rhyno
Rob Van Dam
Bubba Ray Dudley
D-Von Dudley

These are the 4 standouts on the Extreme side of the Alliance. Rhyno made more of an impact in the beginning of the Alliance, while RVD and Team 3D made more of an impact in the end, but carried that momentum right into the transition of becoming WWE SuperStars.

Vince McMahon's WWECW

Christian
Big Show
CM Punk
Matt Hardy

These are the 4 SuperStats who will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, but more for their accomplishments while they were on the WWE (Raw, Smackdown) roster. I guess you could say that they were the Face of WWECW.

I can name a few more that should be inducted as well, but these 12 are the first 12 that should be inducted.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!

Last edited by King Patrick Star : 12-24-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:30 PM

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

You are acting like the HOF is the real deal my friend. It isn't, so this debate is pretty pointless.

For one: what on earth is the criteria to get in? They don't say so (not in specific terms) therefore ANYONE can get in, and they are, Drew Carrey, Coco etc.

Of course if we go by their hyperbole of "leaving an impact" blah blah blah, every single person you mentioned deserves a spot. Whether they will or not is another story.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Future British World Champ

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBombB View Post
I realize there is a lot of room for interpretation here.

It can be argued that Steve Austin's run as Stone Cold was based off his character in ECW and he definitely went THROUGH ECW though was already well known from his Hollywood Blond run in WCW so there is a definite grey area. Then there is someone like Rey Mysterio who started in ECW, was only there for a short time, may never have been discovered by a top two promotion without ECW, but is basically wholly known for his time in WCW. What about Terry Funk, who already had a Hall of Fame career well before his time in ECW but was an integral part to the rise of the company, are we counting him as an ECW guy? And to this I answer: I leave that up to your own interpretation.

The real question here is: Does time in ECW count? Should it count? Should it count in some instances and not in others?

Rob Van Dam: Former WWE World Champion, no small feat, but otherwise a midcarder and mainly known for his Television title run in ECW. Has been a top draw for a long time but big enough to warrant the Hall of Fame?

Raven: A legend by ECW standards, a beast in WCW's midcard with his Flock until he met the glass ceiling (as so many did), then transitioning into a staple of the Hardcore division in WWE. Will his contributions to wrestling as a whole be honored one day in the Hall of Fame?

Tommy Dreamer: Synonymous with ECW, he carried the flag not only for the original promotion but for the WWE reboot. He is known for little outside of ECW but was often an agent and well respected within the business. But is he respected enough?

Taz: Arguably the top singles star outside of Rob Van Dam to have grown up in ECW, debuting on WWE with a victory over the then undefeated Kurt Angle only to quickly fizzle out. Will his legendary matches in ECW and long commentary career put him among the great Hall?

Tajiri: A long time player in ECW and WWE, with a kicking style that no one has been able to duplicate to an American audience. Does his unique ability, long run, and consistently strong performances warrant a place on the walk of Fame?

Rhino: The last ECW champion, debuting as friends of HoF Edge and likely future HoFer Christian, having the best spear in the business, including the infamous spear on Lita. Is his run worthy of Hall of Fame credentials?

The Dudley Boys: The most decorated tag team in history, winning tag titles everywhere they went and being a staple of the WWE Tag Team renaissance, these guys are definitely going to be in the Hall of Fame...right?

Sabu: Outside of ECW he was never much, but within ECW he was the equivalent of a Sting or Undertaker, being part of some of the biggest angles in ECW history. Will his time at the top of the rebellious organization, infamous toughness, and daredevil style land him in the Hall of Fame among the other greats of his family?

If there is anyone else you think is
worthy of discussion, go ahead and bring them up!
Rhino has the best Spear? Bill Goldberg would like a word in your shell-like.