WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The more i Read about this the most it feel like a made up story to get people talking. If Neville really wanted to leave, he had so much more opportunity to walk out on them and ask for his release when they actually weren't doing nothing with him.

If it's true, then i kinda would have to side with WWE on this. They put a lot of effort into actually make him the face of the cruiserweight division and made him a better character, and that's how he repays them really. Neville role in the WWE is limited especially as a single mostly because of his size. The guy wouldn't work well as a top tier guy going for the WWE title, pretty much the same thing that i would have said about Austin Aries before he left, and while he became a great heel, their too many guys that are like him in the midcard. So i get that is career would have stall in the cruiserweight division especially since he would have became the number 2 heel behind Enzo and the number 3 guy behind Enzo and Kalisto but he still was a featured guy in that division something that he would never be able to get on the regular roster.

So in the end, While they do need him for the cruiserweight division, he'S not as important as he once was. So if it'S true and he'S really unhappy, i'm sure Vince would grant him his release because everybody knows that vince don't want unhappy people in WWE.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:53 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

This was all over the dirt sheets a day ago but nothing since. If he did ask for his release then it's a shame because he seemed to have find his groove at 205 Live. The problem is, he had already gone through most of the roster there and was undefeated, so what else was there for him to do.

He is certainly a better wrestler than Enzo is, Kalisto would have been a lot more challenging, but Enzo please. My cat could beat Enso, he is trash. Enzo does his best work on the mic, but gotta give it to the guy for trying.

How many people watch 205 Live on a good night, so will Neville's departure even be noticed by most WWE fans, I think not. Considering though we haven't heard anything new this might just be a work. Kind of a silly work as Neville has promoted himself as the King of the Cruiserweights and after one loss throws his toys out of the pram and walks out. Makes him look like the court jester.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
This was all over the dirt sheets a day ago but nothing since. If he did ask for his release then it's a shame because he seemed to have find his groove at 205 Live. The problem is, he had already gone through most of the roster there and was undefeated, so what else was there for him to do.

He is certainly a better wrestler than Enzo is, Kalisto would have been a lot more challenging, but Enzo please. My cat could beat Enso, he is trash. Enzo does his best work on the mic, but gotta give it to the guy for trying.

How many people watch 205 Live on a good night, so will Neville's departure even be noticed by most WWE fans, I think not. Considering though we haven't heard anything new this might just be a work. Kind of a silly work as Neville has promoted himself as the King of the Cruiserweights and after one loss throws his toys out of the pram and walks out. Makes him look like the court jester.
Your cat is trash? That's just mean girl.

I do kind of agree that he looks stupid for taking his ball and going home if he did indeed walk out of Raw and ask for his walking papers after one loss as has been reported. This isn't a Cody Rhodes situation where he has been spinning his wheels for a while and playing a character he didn't like in nothing matches. Neville had a division being built around him, even if it was a shitty division.

Here is the thing I don't think people are seeing, even if I agree that Neville's talent has been wasted. If he leaves 205, where does he go? Raw is packed right now, and even Smackdown isn't exactly the land of opportunity.

Having said that, I think maybe he realized his ceiling for a while would be 205, and just decided to take his WWE fame and try his luck elsewhere.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:16 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
Your cat is trash? That's just mean girl.

I do kind of agree that he looks stupid for taking his ball and going home if he did indeed walk out of Raw and ask for his walking papers after one loss as has been reported. This isn't a Cody Rhodes situation where he has been spinning his wheels for a while and playing a character he didn't like in nothing matches. Neville had a division being built around him, even if it was a shitty division.

Here is the thing I don't think people are seeing, even if I agree that Neville's talent has been wasted. If he leaves 205, where does he go? Raw is packed right now, and even Smackdown isn't exactly the land of opportunity.

Having said that, I think maybe he realized his ceiling for a while would be 205, and just decided to take his WWE fame and try his luck elsewhere.
My cat would claw the skin of your arm, she's a bitch when she gets going. I'd put her in a fight with anyone.

I agree he's not Cody Rhodes who didn't want to play a character they wanted him to play. That being said, Rhodes has done pretty well for himself since he did leave. So well that the WWE has apparently according to some been offered a match or appearance at the upcoming Starcade.

Neville on the other hand doesn't come from a wrestling family like the Rhodes. I watched a documentary on Neville a year or so ago, it was always his dream to be a wrestler in the WWE. Well he's made it and like you said they built a division around him.

What they could have done was pair him up with someone like Sami Zayn. They are friends outside the ring and would make a great tag team. Zayn has the quickness and Neville the power. I like Neville and it is a shame to see him go like this if the rumour mill is correct.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Owens did post a picture talking to Neville backstage recently, I could see this all leading to a stable of former NXT champions for a Survivor Series match. If he does leave, he can virtually go anywhere he wants.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:11 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

If true, I don't blame the guy. The cruiserweight division is more of an iron ceiling than a glass one. Nobody's breaking through once you get painted with that brush unless they do away with the whole thing, which they won't. Not for a while at least.

It would be nice to see him go away for a little bit before returning as a regular competitor. He'll never be a World champ, but he could easily be a multiple time IC or US champion.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Floundering in Mid-Card Hell
Knockout Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't blame Neville if he doesn't want to remain on the Cruiserweight division. I feel like it's the similar case with Austin Aries. These guys are capable of so much more than being limited to a weight class division. I know what they can do against various opponents, so I feel like it's not fair to judge them as just Cruiserweights. AJ Styles in the past was once a competitor of the Cruiserweight division in the indies, but he has been on the main roster everywhere since. Neville has enough in-ring talent to put him against everyone he faced prior to the Cruiserweight division and we have even seen it. He was also a great NXT Champion. It's unfortunate that they didn't even give him a chance at the Intercontinental or US Championships. Meanwhile, guys like Kalisto got to hold the US title twice! This is also how I felt about The Brian Kendrick back when he debuted that gimmick and was entered in the WWE Championship scramble match. The guy had a lot of momentum and could have been booked better to compete for the Mid-Card titles. I see that with Neville. With the Cruiserweight division, there is only so much more he can do before he's done it all and there is no "what's next?" It'll just be rinse and repeat until it's stale. Nothing interesting is going on. Yeah okay, Enzo Amore has been added, and Kalisto...but once those guys have been dealt with, Neville would just continue to be the 'King of the Cruiserweights' and a 3-time Cruiserweight Champion. How long would that last before it gets old? With the main roster, he at least has a chance against fresh opponents for a longer period of time. I think Neville should go to NJPW where he could fight guys like Kenny Omega. I think it would be a much better place for leeway in competition as well as his own progression.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:46 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Metaphor View Post
I don't blame Neville if he doesn't want to remain on the Cruiserweight division. I feel like it's the similar case with Austin Aries.
One difference with Aries, however, is that Aries had a major attitude problem and had heat with executives and pretty much the entire Cruiserweight roster. Austin Aries has always been a pretty big mark for himself and is known to see himself as a bigger star than most other people see him. Another thing to consider with Aries is his age and the fact that, despite his belief in himself, he genuinely isn't the mega star he thinks he is. Maybe things could've been different for him, no matter his age, if he'd come into WWE white hot, as AJ Styles did, instead of spending the last several years ultimately just spinning his wheels in the clusterfuck of a mess formerly known as TNA. Unlike Aries, Styles left and embarked on working a few years in Japan that saw him doing what many consider to be the best work of his career with highly acclaimed programs with people like Shinsuke Nakamura, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito and Kazuchika Okada.

[quote=Trance Metaphor;5753259These guys are capable of so much more than being limited to a weight class division. I know what they can do against various opponents, so I feel like it's not fair to judge them as just Cruiserweights. AJ Styles in the past was once a competitor of the Cruiserweight division in the indies, but he has been on the main roster everywhere since. Neville has enough in-ring talent to put him against everyone he faced prior to the Cruiserweight division and we have even seen it. He was also a great NXT Champion. It's unfortunate that they didn't even give him a chance at the Intercontinental or US Championships. Meanwhile, guys like Kalisto got to hold the US title twice! This is also how I felt about The Brian Kendrick back when he debuted that gimmick and was entered in the WWE Championship scramble match. The guy had a lot of momentum and could have been booked better to compete for the Mid-Card titles. I see that with Neville. With the Cruiserweight division, there is only so much more he can do before he's done it all and there is no "what's next?" It'll just be rinse and repeat until it's stale. Nothing interesting is going on. Yeah okay, Enzo Amore has been added, and Kalisto...but once those guys have been dealt with, Neville would just continue to be the 'King of the Cruiserweights' and a 3-time Cruiserweight Champion. How long would that last before it gets old? With the main roster, he at least has a chance against fresh opponents for a longer period of time. I think Neville should go to NJPW where he could fight guys like Kenny Omega. I think it would be a much better place for leeway in competition as well as his own progression.[/QUOTE]

I agree that some of the Cruiserweights are capable of being much more than what they've been portrayed as via 205 Live. This is an example of outdated mind set Vince McMahon has regarding certain aspects of wrestling that has so many fans waiting with baited breath for the day when he's no longer in charge of WWE. In the case of Neville, he's worked hard and has always done his best with what's given, so you'd think that those are qualities you'd want to reward and see in someone. The latest bit of gossip is that Neville walked out of Raw when told he was losing to Enzo in a Lumberjack Match, so maybe that was sort of the icing on the cake as I doubt that this one incident is what led to him walking out.

My guess, and that's all it is, is that Neville was told that he wasn't gonna be moving up the roster as a possible US or IC title contender, which would be enough to bring anyone down as Neville has already pretty much done all he can do, or rather all Vince will sort of allow him to do given how many limitations he puts on the division as a whole, with the CW Division so he'd just be spinning his wheels. Also, you have to take into account how much dislike there's said to be for Enzo; if even half the reports that've come out over the summer are even half right, then Enzo is one of the most openly disliked people in WWE because of his cocky attitude and big mouth. You also have to add onto that the fact that Enzo is one of the weakest in-ring workers, male or female, main roster or NXT roster, in the entire company. Factoring all those things together, if any of this has anything to do with why Neville walked out, then maybe he considered the whole situation a big pecker slap right in the face.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It's interesting that part of his reasoning appears to be that he was left off the Mania DVD and thus the royalties.

If that's the case, it may be a more financial decision. He's not going to be on a massively bigger contract than when he was in NXT... he's toiled for the year and then cut out of the biggest royalty maker of the year. It may well be that seeing what Cody is going and how Drew improved that he can make more money and a better rep out there than working exclusively for WWE.

I don't think there's much doubt now there's some kind of problem... it'll be interesting to see how WWE react... jobbing him/not releasing him will look pretty bad on them but at the same time, if they do let him walk, who is next?
Old 10-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Floundering in Mid-Card Hell
Knockout Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
One difference with Aries, however, is that Aries had a major attitude problem and had heat with executives and pretty much the entire Cruiserweight roster. Austin Aries has always been a pretty big mark for himself and is known to see himself as a bigger star than most other people see him. Another thing to consider with Aries is his age and the fact that, despite his belief in himself, he genuinely isn't the mega star he thinks he is. Maybe things could've been different for him, no matter his age, if he'd come into WWE white hot, as AJ Styles did, instead of spending the last several years ultimately just spinning his wheels in the clusterfuck of a mess formerly known as TNA. Unlike Aries, Styles left and embarked on working a few years in Japan that saw him doing what many consider to be the best work of his career with highly acclaimed programs with people like Shinsuke Nakamura, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito and Kazuchika Okada.
While I understand that Austin Aries had an attitude problem, I feel like despite that, he still would've been underutilized by WWE going by the current Neville example. He was already included in the Cruiserweight division and by Neville's example, it would've been a near-prophetic parallel. There is nowhere to go but down. With or without the attitude problem, I don't think Aries would've even made it onto the main roster to face anyone and do anything of much value. I'm kind of glad Aries ended up leaving instead of sinking. He may be a mark for himself, but I think a lot of wrestlers are. Bret Hart and CM Punk are pretty high on themselves as well, and yet I do personally feel strongly about their talents just as I do about Austin Aries. Seeing this guy go from ROH to TNA and having all the successes there, I would've loved to see him at least get to the top of NXT and somewhere down the line have those dream matches against his former indies brethren. While he is no AJ Styles in terms of reinvention, I feel like WWE could've exerted more effort into building him up into a better and bigger star...it's just unfortunate that their vision of him was as a Cruiserweight exclusive. Hell, I even enjoyed him as a commentator. And if guys like Enzo Amore can get rewarded for their attitude or backstage problems, I don't know what that says for everyone else to be honest. This recent Neville situation just makes me scratch my head.