WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The GSD - General Spam Discussion > The GSD Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default I need a witness

So, I'm having to cram a metric shit-ton of information into my head for the sake of justifying my wage. A part of my study material caught my eye as so egregiously stupid that I had to share it, and this is the only place I can do so without outing myself as a heretic/traitor/communist unto my co-workers.

The following is story from which I'm supposed to determine what aspect of something called Cross Cultural Competency is on display, the answer is "Knowledge". Knowing the answer only makes the example more painfully stupid.

TSgt Cox is about to deploy for the first time to a region she's not familiar with. SMSgt Wilson calls TSgt Cox into her office and says, "I'm sure you've been taught there are differences between your culture and others around the world. This knowledge can help you get acclimated. Normally, you'll get more specific information about the culture and the people you'll be interacting with the closer you get to your deployment date."

Now, imagine that situation actually occurring. TSgt Cox hasn't indicated that she's worried or requires counseling for any fucking reason, and she's called into SMSgt Wilson's office. There's no explanation of SMSgt Wilson's place on the corporate totem pole, so for all we know SMSgt Wilson is just another bored ass idiot having to come up with stupid shit to fill her day and create an illusion of productivity.

SMSgt Wilson proceeds to shit out of her mouth, it's fucking ridiculous. She brain farted some wisdom that somehow pushes farther past the border of fucking stupid that I could have possibly imagined into some new dimension of being a living breathing shit storm of useless information.

Does SMSgt Wilson not think that TSgt Cox has to do ACTUAL work that day, and probably doesn't have time to be called into an office so SMSgt Wilson can give her a pep-talk that equates to "Breathing is important"?
Old 04-07-2017, 11:58 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I once had a basketball coach tell us we have to score more points than the other team to win. This was in high school. On varsity.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2017, 05:50 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
So, I'm having to cram a metric shit-ton of information into my head for the sake of justifying my wage. A part of my study material caught my eye as so egregiously stupid that I had to share it, and this is the only place I can do so without outing myself as a heretic/traitor/communist unto my co-workers.

The following is story from which I'm supposed to determine what aspect of something called Cross Cultural Competency is on display, the answer is "Knowledge". Knowing the answer only makes the example more painfully stupid.

TSgt Cox is about to deploy for the first time to a region she's not familiar with. SMSgt Wilson calls TSgt Cox into her office and says, "I'm sure you've been taught there are differences between your culture and others around the world. This knowledge can help you get acclimated. Normally, you'll get more specific information about the culture and the people you'll be interacting with the closer you get to your deployment date."

Now, imagine that situation actually occurring. TSgt Cox hasn't indicated that she's worried or requires counseling for any fucking reason, and she's called into SMSgt Wilson's office. There's no explanation of SMSgt Wilson's place on the corporate totem pole, so for all we know SMSgt Wilson is just another bored ass idiot having to come up with stupid shit to fill her day and create an illusion of productivity.

SMSgt Wilson proceeds to shit out of her mouth, it's fucking ridiculous. She brain farted some wisdom that somehow pushes farther past the border of fucking stupid that I could have possibly imagined into some new dimension of being a living breathing shit storm of useless information.

Does SMSgt Wilson not think that TSgt Cox has to do ACTUAL work that day, and probably doesn't have time to be called into an office so SMSgt Wilson can give her a pep-talk that equates to "Breathing is important"?
I cant rememver which codex of Satan this came from, but I 100% remember coming across it.

Probably because I could not tell you anything from the materials literally two days after being done with it.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:32 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

To be honest, it can be difficult to fully gauge just how dumb people can be.

"What do you mean there are different cultures abroad?" is almost certainly a more widespread surprise revelation than you could ever think possible.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I can't spend more than a week here without thinking this type of training should not be totally dismissed.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2017, 05:35 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post

But you have no idea how ignorant people are of the world around them. Something I might wear, do or say in public here, would get me killed in another country.

Or did I miss the point of the whole thread.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:16 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
But you have no idea how ignorant people are of the world around them. Something I might wear, do or say in public here, would get me killed in another country.

Or did I miss the point of the whole thread.
The point of the thread is that I like to complain about stuff, also that if that situation happened in real life then the two individuals involved must have a very laxed work environment.

Most people know to at least be on their guard when entering a world where they'll be out of their element. I was annoyed at how SMSgt Wilson was all "Blah blah blah, things will be different over there, but you'll get training", and she couldn't get those non-thoughts out of her head anywhere except in her office. If you call someone into your office, you're stopping them from doing their job.

If you work with the person, just walk up to them and tell them. Also; if they're going to get training anyway, there's nothing to discuss if all she has to offer is "Learning is good".
Old 04-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm confused if it was dumb or naive. I'll assume naive for the sake of positivity.

So, SMSgt Wilson was naive. Nothing new to me since I'm myself naive most of the times.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
I'm confused if it was dumb or naive. I'll assume naive for the sake of positivity.

So, SMSgt Wilson was naive. Nothing new to me since I'm myself naive most of the times.
One of the ways in which my OCD threatens to go nuclear is when people in positions of authority waste my time.

It most certainly was nave of SMSgt Wilson to imagine that what she was saying was of any use to another human being who's capable of dressing themselves. Dumb is too vague a term for me to label that on her, I would say that she shares obvious information too freely.

I don't think you're nave friend, in that you have enough self-awareness to judge yourself as nave.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
To be honest, it can be difficult to fully gauge just how dumb people can be.

"What do you mean there are different cultures abroad?" is almost certainly a more widespread surprise revelation than you could ever think possible.
I recognize that some people are horribly unaware of the fact that other cultures have their own rights and wrongs, and that TSgt Cox might only need a bump in the right direction.

In that particular scenario, all that was shared was "You're going to get training on this subject soon". So, yeah. To me, that's basically saying "Heads up! Word on the street is that you're about to take your driving test. Your Driver's Ed teacher will probably teach you some things that you'll need to remember".

What really burns my britches is that TSgt Cox was pulled into an office for a message that could have been conveyed in an e-mail or during a casual conversation.