WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 12:06 AM
DELETE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Paige: The Biggest Bust In NXT History

I've mentioned before about Paige's disappointing run in the main roster, even comparing her to the then(?) struggling Bayley. But I've never actually explained my reasoning...well, until now that is.

If you haven't guessed from the title: I believe that Paige will go down as NXT's biggest flop in the developmental company's history. Yes, Bo Dallas and The Ascension were former champions; but I doubt anyone really expected much from them on the main roster.

Paige on the other hand, had the potential to be the next face of the women's division; she basically started the women's revolution with A.J Lee. Now that's not to say her run was spotless, Paige's booking during her first diva's title reign was lackluster; but nothing awful either. I think the warning signs became apparent after she entered Total Divas that she was starting to care less about the wrestling and more about the fame. But WrestleMania 31 came around and I thought that this would be the catalyst for her to achieve her potential and become the company's biggest female star...boy, were we wrong.

By 2016, she had completely regressed on her wrestling ability and looked like she didn't want to be here in the first place. Chalk it up with her recent spiraling attitude, her relationship with Del Rio and recent issues with drugs and you have a case of a burn-out in the making.

I really wish this wasn't the case, but this is where I am with her at this point. A few years ago, she may have been NXT's most promising pupil; but I think within a few years, she will go down as NXT's most disappointing failure because of the career she could have had.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Bald Billy was Better
WWE Diva's Champion

Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...

Paige wasn't the most talented, she was just the first one. I don't think women's wrestling is all that great, but every woman that came up after Paige has been better. Including Nia.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:41 AM
DELETE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbfantomas View Post
Paige wasn't the most talented, she was just the first one. I don't think women's wrestling is all that great, but every woman that came up after Paige has been better. Including Nia.
In terms of talent, i'd say Charlotte is without question the best women's wrestler right now. But Paige wasn't all that far off from her when she was NXT women's champion.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2017, 01:45 AM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The Ascension are the biggest busts. They just haven't done anything.

Paige at least had the feuds with AJ and Charlotte and a few title reigns.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2017, 02:31 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think it's fair to say Paige has been a complete bust. She did have some early success before The Women's revolution, she is a two time Divas Champion and she had a great feud with AJ Lee. She was probably the number 2nd most popular Diva next to AJ Lee. But once The Women's Revolution started it seemed like she got lost in the shuffle. She had a forgettable feud with Charlotte and then got sidelined with an injury.
I hope she does recover and is able to sort out her personal life and get another run on the main roster. I think she could be a fit on either Raw or Smackdown and would get back in the mix of things easily.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2017, 03:05 AM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKewl View Post
I hope she does recover and is able to sort out her personal life and get another run on the main roster. I think she could be a fit on either Raw or Smackdown and would get back in the mix of things easily.
Unfortunately this will probably never happen.

Paige burned multiple bridges and has a lot of heat in the company. It's just problem after problem with her - the sex tape, her TNA appearances, her relationship with Del Rio.

Also she may not even have a role on either brand at the moment. She could easily get lost in the shuffle. Raw is stacked with Bayley, Sasha, Alexa, and Nia. Mickie, Emma, and Dana haven't done much of anything. SD has Becky, Natalya, Carmella, Charlotte, Lana, and Naomi. She may could take Tamina's place, but at best she's the 3rd-4th best woman on the show, and that's before Asuka's debut.

Combine that with all her problems, and WWE probably doesn't want Paige back. She may not even want to be back. Who knows? As long as she's happy (and I hope she is), then it doesn't matter.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2017, 03:31 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't think she is a bust.

If you want to talk about it like it is in sports I would say she is more of a disappointment than a bust. Kind of like drafting Jordan Staal or Erik Johnson over Jonathan Toews and Nicklas Backstrom in the NHL.

I think Paige is a good talent, not the best, but she's capable of having good matches and has a good deal of charisma.

What hurt her was
1. She was given the title the night of her main roster debut. And we all know hot shotting rarely works long term.

2. She had her run before the Women's Revolution and, at the time, WWE didn't really focus on the women in the main roster. I mean look at Sasha, Becky, and Charlotte when they debut it was sort of flopping early on mostly because the women were still in that period where the WWE wasn't taking the women seriously and they still had transition period of the previous women roster and current. I think once WWE had the focus at WM32 things started to run smoothly.

I would like to think if Paige was brought in early last year she would have flourished.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2017, 04:09 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

You have characters like Adam Rose or even Bo Dallas who was even NXT Champion. And you argue that Paige, 2 times Divas Champion, would be remembered as most biggest bust in NXT history? But all those guys that came out of NXT and job their way through main roster are so much more successful then the person who was 2 times main Champion on biggest platform they have. Paige didnt live up to expectations maybe, but she is far from biggest bust or even failure when it comes to her main roster run.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2017, 04:49 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

Paige isn't a bust. She had several really good matches and memorable moments throughout her run in WWE. For a couple of years she was one of the very best in the division and at a point was the face of women in WWE. Therefore, she isn't a bust.

Paige is just really stupid. She is young, attractive and talented. All the makings for a long career and role as a face of the division for the WWE. Leaked sex tapes, failed drug tests and general attitude issues that we've seen and her recent happenings with Del Rio make her basically worthless as a spokesperson. Natalya Neidhart is 35 years old, not the exact age or shape that you'd expect WWE to go after. Why do they keep her around? Oh, I think it has a lot to do with Natalya being perfect to speak at public functions, radio, television and working with kids whenever WWE does that. When has Natalya Neidhart ever got into trouble? She is the perfect employee and exactly what a major corporation like WWE wants. You can send her to things to work with kids but can you do the same for Paige after everything that has happened? Seems like a bigger pain in the ass than it's worth. Send Natalya rather than Paige, save some effort and likely get a better result.

Paige is an idiot. Stuffed up what could've been several decades worth of association with WWE. Not a bust but she is really stupid.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-11-2017, 04:49 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't see her as the biggest bust, the fact s she former multi time divas champions actually started the women's revolution way before charlotte & co. Even started in nxt. So I don't see her as a bust.

The fact is, she went from being the focus of the division for so long to becoming and afterthought when they brought in charlotte and the rest of the nxt girls to the main roster which lead to her having more time off and going into that destructive relashionship with del rio. But in the end, she still had a greatest career compare to others nxt alum. Personally, I think emma is a bigger bust then paige as far as the nxt women's are concern.
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread